Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

I'm natural also have been for several year although, I do color my hair .Actually it is time to be redone and I'm scared can't risk it falling all out!

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

I've been natural for about 7 years with the exception of color as well, I'm 9 months out and so far no Hair loss. It's a little bit thinner, but only noticeable to me and my stylist. I have PCOS, so I was scared to use Biotin since it can make facial hair worse. Not sure if this helped or not, but I held out on getting a silk press until I was months out just because I wanted to put the least stress as possible on my hair.

Sent from my XT1565 using the BariatricPal App

Im 14 month post op and i eat hot sauce on majority of everything I eat and love spicey and cajuan food and have problems with either nor the hot saice

I'm almost three months out and my annoyances are the Constipation (OMG) and feeling painfully cold

@@blackgirlfat

That gets better at least it did for me. I was cold the first 6 months. I am colder now than I was being larger but I am not freezing cold all the time. Part of that being cold like that is just because of the low amount of calories you are consuming. When you can eat more you aren't as cold. Just prepare for a cold cold winter.

Hello I'm from NJ the decision I made to have surgery is the best thing I have ever done I'm 60 yrs old and my son n daughter were very afraid because they kept saying mom you could die Well I told them I could die from health problems because of my weight They stayed close to me first few weeks I received a lot of support from my coworkers and at the gym the Drs office recommended which is affiliated with the hospital where I had surgery I've been taken off 1 of my blood pressure medications my knees and hip

Have significantly less pain I can move around better with my youngest grandchildren and overall happier So keep on your journey don't get discouraged especially when you hit a plateau stick with dietitian and keep exercising things will start to move again

Hello everyone , I am AA women living in Midwest . I'm having my sergury at NW w Dr Nagle.

I met with the ANP today and found out the process takes 6 months and I will only loss 60% of my weight which is 60lbs .Yup ????I was hoping for at least 80 -100 lbs she said with diet and exercise I can lose more weight.

I'm 54yrs old weigh 260 lbs I have Hypothyroidism , Back pain. But to go though all of this and only get down to 200lbs , I don't know , it's seems like it's not worth it. I m not going to give up. So am going to try and lose a little weight before my sergury , I have 5 month so hopefully I can lose 10-15lbs . lbs. I am very unhappy with my body I carry most of weight in my breast , stomach and arms .

I wont be discourage .

Take care .

Sent from my SM-J700T using the BariatricPal App

@@cyndi990

I had a little GERD the first 9 months if I didn't take my medicine and over ate. I don't have those issues now and I take no meds at 15 motnhs.

60% is their estimate. You can exceed that 60%, if you work hard. You can lose 60% just with the sleeve and minimal effort but if you want to exceed it, you have to make life long changes and stick to them.

Northwestern has amazing results. You will lose a lot of weight in just the 6 month program. Most of the people that I have seen on forums that go through NW, get to 100% easily.