Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

I joined October 19th and thank God I'm doing well. I had a Hiatal hernia repair done then 2 days post op had a bowel obstruction they went back to open. But all is well

Hw 331 SW 296 current weight pending not weighing until 2 week follow up appointment which is Friday. But I think I'm doing decent with Protein and Water intake no hungry pains. I just give him all the praise for bringing me this far.

Hi sweet tooth2015

I don't mean to sound nieve but I didnt know you could have a bowel obstruction with the sleeve since they don't detach your intestines as they do with rny glad that your are doing fine after that. I am getting close I have my 5th nutrition visit Friday and egd thurs I'm so ready to be in your shoes right now hope you feel better soon.

Hi sweet tooth2015

I don't mean to sound nieve but I didnt know you could have a bowel obstruction with the sleeve since they don't detach your intestines as they do with rny glad that your are doing fine after that. I am getting close I have my 5th nutrition visit Friday and egd thurs I'm so ready to be in your shoes right now hope you feel better soon.

Your correct. I had rny hence bowel obstruction no confusion on ur part. I should have clarified

Hello, I am a AA Sleever. My surgery date was 6-2-2015. When I started this journey, I weighed 289 and now I am at 215. My goal is to get down to 150 pounds.This surgery has been the best decision of my life. Now that I have had it, I don't see how I could have got to this point any other way. Best of luck to all of you!

I am happy for you I weigh 289 right now I can't wait ti see 215 I should be getting my sleeve in December I was discouraged for a minute because I almost missed my 5th nut appt. and was told I may have to start over but things have been worked out now enjoy your journey ????

I am happy for you I weigh 289 right now I can't wait ti see 215 I should be getting my sleeve in December I was discouraged for a minute because I almost missed my 5th nut appt. and was told I may have to start over but things have been worked out now enjoy your journey ????

Thank you! I know the process is frustrating, but it will all be worth it in the end.

does anyone know if I can wear braids during surgery such as senagalese twist

I had box braids when my procedure was done.

I had braids during my procedure as well. I did this so I would not have to worry with my hair post-op. In fact, I am 5 weeks out and still wearing my braids. I wash and refresh if one gets loose.

Go in looking fabulous darlin'!

I had micros for mine!

Finally I have a date the long wait is over. I am schedule for surgery Jan. 19th. Start pre op diet jan. 12th.

Edited by sleever314

It's going to be tuff for your relationship to work after the surgery. ...please don't let no one stop u from having it...my family told me that I could lose it on my own. ..I was hard headed had the surgery. ..130 lbs later proof hard head makes a smaller ass lol

Thank u my mom is so supportive to me in this process my children are happy for me to get healthy but scared but I always let them know I will be fine and a better me.

I'm a AA hopeful...not sure insurance will cooperate.

I haven't told anyone, not even my CLOSEST sistafriends. I haven't told my husband I'm considering doing this, I know he won't be all that supportive. He's never really struggled with his weight and I've found most people who don't have food issues don't understand what it's like.

So happy I found this thread.