Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

Thks Ria I just saw your response you will be happy to know I called them this morning she gave me the best news tomorrow starts my Phase 3 I'm so ready to chew some food instead of drinking everything lol

Hi congrats on moving to the next stage. When was your surgery?

hi thks it was on 7/16/14

Thks Ria I just saw your response you will be happy to know I called them this morning she gave me the best news tomorrow starts my Phase 3 I'm so ready to chew some food instead of drinking everything lol

Hi congrats on moving to the next stage. When was your surgery?

hi thks it was on 7/16/14

Good morning All,

This weekend is going to be a hard weekend for me. My sister-in-law and my niece, her husband and baby are staying at my house for the weekend. The problem is they are all really small and eat really bad (i.e. Cookies, chips, snickers, etc.) and my weakness is sweets. I must be honest that since I live alone. It has been easy for me to stay on track because I just don't bring certain things in my house. I came downstairs this morning and what do I see chocolate chip cookies... screaming "WHO BROUGHT THE BLUE BAG IN MY HOUSE"! I need to get a handle on this urge because I have agreed to allow my other niece stay with me while she attend classes here in the DMV. But to be honest I think she is more likely to follow my lead and eat healthier. Keep me in your prayers over the weekend!

Mizz Shon,

Have you contacted your surgeon? You may need IV fluids. I know that it is difficult right now but if you can, you must sip sip sip in very small baby sip amounts. Does it hurt to swallow normally without drinking anything? Is your throat sore? Did you have just the VSG or did you have Hietal Hernia surgery as well?

Whatever the case if you are not able to get the fluids down you need help. Please call your surgeon, so you can get help; they are there to help you in circumstances like this.

Here's hugs and well wishes to you; it will get better. Let us know your progress.

Mizz S.

Yeaaaa for you on progressing to the next phase! But don't forget you still will need to sip sip sip!

You got this now! You survived on your own without having to have supplemental fluids. ( believe me it does happen) I applaud you! You will start to feel better and more like your normal self again now. Best wishes.

Good morning All,

This weekend is going to be a hard weekend for me. My sister-in-law and my niece, her husband and baby are staying at my house for the weekend. The problem is they are all really small and eat really bad (i.e. Cookies, chips, snickers, etc.) and my weakness is sweets. I must be honest that since I live alone. It has been easy for me to stay on track because I just don't bring certain things in my house. I came downstairs this morning and what do I see chocolate chip cookies... screaming "WHO BROUGHT THE BLUE BAG IN MY HOUSE"! I need to get a handle on this urge because I have agreed to allow my other niece stay with me while she attend classes here in the DMV. But to be honest I think she is more likely to follow my lead and eat healthier. Keep me in your prayers over the weekend!

Funny story, it's shark week and last week I bought the equivalent of Samoas/caramel delights at the Aldi. I was feeling snacky and was all hormonal. Anyhow. I literally let them set there on my counter for a week. I didn't even think about eating those cookies once I brought them home. So I guess I'm not as weak as I think I am? I've gained a bunch of Water weight though - I can always tell because my ankles swell up. Stupid period.

Anyhow, I've added swimming at the gym and took my first group fitness class (Body works plus abs) this week. Fun times. I love to swim but it is hell on my pink highlights. And the body works class was surprisingly difficult for using light weights.

Good morning All, This weekend is going to be a hard weekend for me. My sister-in-law and my niece, her husband and baby are staying at my house for the weekend. The problem is they are all really small and eat really bad (i.e. Cookies, chips, snickers, etc.) and my weakness is sweets. I must be honest that since I live alone. It has been easy for me to stay on track because I just don't bring certain things in my house. I came downstairs this morning and what do I see chocolate chip cookies... screaming "WHO BROUGHT THE BLUE BAG IN MY HOUSE"! I need to get a handle on this urge because I have agreed to allow my other niece stay with me while she attend classes here in the DMV. But to be honest I think she is more likely to follow my lead and eat healthier. Keep me in your prayers over the weekend!

You can do it, go get you some cookie dough Quest bars! It will hit the sweet tooth and give you 21 grams of protein...

I have lost over 100 lbs since last september and i do alot of walking and yes...my skin around my stomach looks like...well it just looks like something . I know I will have to get a Tummy Tuck or liposuction to get rid of the excess skin. Oh, and a boob job...I have lost alot of weight but i still see the old me a little bit...but everyone else tells me that they don't see what I see.

I know it's going to take some time to get use the NEW me...I'm already in a Size 14 from a 26!!! ...still haven't bought any new clothes yet.. but it's coming.

I have lost over 100 lbs since last september and i do alot of walking and yes...my skin around my stomach looks like...well it just looks like something . I know I will have to get a Tummy Tuck or liposuction to get rid of the excess skin. Oh, and a boob job...I have lost alot of weight but i still see the old me a little bit...but everyone else tells me that they don't see

what I see.

you are doing great. Give yourself lots of pats on the back for tge 100pounds and the size 14 and being ubder 200pounds girl! Funny thing, I never saw myself as big as I was. Yes I knew how much I weighed and my clothing size, but I never felt huge. Weird right? This weight loss might just play tricks on my mind as I get smaller.

I know it's going to take some time to get use the NEW me...I'm already in a Size 14 from a 26!!! ...still haven't bought any new clothes yet.. but it's coming.

Sorry the post didn't post. Weird

Ladies I can't wait to reach 1derland! I started at 300 and today I'm 222lbs.

@@Ria1202, you got this you have come to far to get side tracked. I fight these urges everyday especially now that I'm still on my pre-op diet. My husband has a sweet tooth as well and eats like a kid: Cookies, chips, sodas etc, etc, etc. So believe me I feel your pain and your struggle. ;) :)

Good morning All,

This weekend is going to be a hard weekend for me. My sister-in-law and my niece, her husband and baby are staying at my house for the weekend. The problem is they are all really small and eat really bad (i.e. cookies, chips, snickers, etc.) and my weakness is sweets. I must be honest that since I live alone. It has been easy for me to stay on track because I just don't bring certain things in my house. I came downstairs this morning and what do I see chocolate chip cookies... screaming "WHO BROUGHT THE BLUE BAG IN MY HOUSE"! I need to get a handle on this urge because I have agreed to allow my other niece stay with me while she attend classes here in the DMV. But to be honest I think she is more likely to follow my lead and eat healthier. Keep me in your prayers over the weekend!

@@Ria1202, you got this you have come to far to get side tracked. I fight these urges everyday especially now that I'm still on my pre-op diet. My husband has a sweet tooth as well and eats like a kid: Cookies, chips, sodas etc, etc, etc. So believe me I feel your pain and your struggle. ;):)

SD Kelly, I made it through. I just asked that they don't bring it in my house. I explained I'm still apparently struggling with my sweet tooth and that being in the presence of sweets is a little difficult for me. They removed them by time I got home and I was done. They've left and I made it through. As a matter of fact they started eating healthy stuff with me.

My progress picture!

post-218709-0-20125700-1406415608_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ria1202

Look at you, Ria McSassyPants.

That's your new name now, by the way. Ria McSassyPants..