Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

Hi all I am officially three weeks out and today I felt physical hunger for the first time and its scary because I have read that people with the sleeve never feel physical hunger. So I am nervous about my success already. Can anybody chime in, did your hunger come back, is this normal, I actually left my dietician a message today!!!

I am 4 weeks out today. I have felt hunger within the last week. Especially in the morning but after I eat my bowl of Cereal it goes away. I have never heard that about not feeling hunger. That is interesting.

Majique, I just got a lot of Soups and puréed them down. I even made home Soup and did the same. It gave a tasty flavor. Puréed doesn't men bland just puréed. Try to use hearty soups, high in Protein, they are still very tasty puréed. Ithis stage will quickly pass.

Can someone tell me they found some purée food that is actually tasty? I can eat a scrambled egg just fine but really outside that the thought of most food puréed makes me just want to drink Water and call it a day. Everything is nasty but I feel like my stomach has to readjust to food. I am just now 3 weeks post op and my plan won't allow food outside a blender for two more weeks. Thank God I'm not really hungry but I miss EATING and chewing food and this baby food style stuff makes me want to gag. Help

You may want to try something like sugar-free puddings or applesauce if you need something to satisfy the sweet taste. A far as foods, you can mix a little broth with mashed potatoes...just not too much, since you want to watch the starch intake. My nutritionist had me try black Beans pureed, but that was pretty nasty!!! However it did give me some ideas to try...like chicken with a little broth pureed was good. Try some of the good-for-you foods that you like, add a little liquid, chop them up and try them.

Im 8 weeks out and im never hungry...i was off 3 weeks and when i returned to work the first two days i was hungry i think ONLY because everyone was eating lunch, Breakfast and Snacks all day...so i smelled and saw food all day!! I make myself eat, i am on vacation this week an noticed it was 3pm and that I hadnt eaten anything so i fixed a shake waited an hr later and ate a baked potato

Do you guys have acid reflux after being sleeved

No i take prescribed acid blocker for prevention my dr said i will be taking it for 6 months..3 mo prescribed 3 mo over the counter

Do you guys have acid reflux after being sleeved

Oh yeah...had it for awhile! Gas-X helps a great deal...I ended up buying the bigger box of it from BJ's (if you have one around you). Taking one or two pills with meals does help alot...also it does get better and much less frequent as time goes by. Also the slower you eat, the less you get the reflux.

Week 3 is pureed and not soft foods for me. I'm sitting here having my first "meal". 1oz of pureed chicken and perhaps 3 oz of black eye peas also pureed. So far so good. I was thrilled to cook again and the puree is a minor inconvenience! ! Two pounds away from wonderland!

Week 3 is pureed and not soft foods for me. I'm sitting here having my first "meal". 1oz of pureed chicken and perhaps 3 oz of black eye peas also pureed. So far so good. I was thrilled to cook again and the puree is a minor inconvenience! ! Two pounds away from wonderland!

Definitely both. It's great to taste food...I pureed them separately to maintain taste but I'm definitely approaching full. BTW I meant 3tbsp of beans..not oz. Big difference!