Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

. I was also sleeved by Dr. Hungness on May 12th and my experience so is the same as yours I had a nice recovery, I'm getting my Water and Protein in and I'm also down 25 pounds, what food stage are you on...

Me and my husband both had surgery Thursday. Me at 8am him at 1040. Two days post op and I am so glad we did do same day. No need to explain what im feeling or vice versa. He is in more pain than me. But we still managed to push out a nice mile walk.

Although now I feel like I was hit by a truck? Is there a limit on really how hard we should push? Everyone says walk walk and more walk. Just dont want to cause more damage?.

. I was also sleeved by Dr. Hungness on May 12th and my experience so is the same as yours I had a nice recovery, I'm getting my Water and Protein in and I'm also down 25 pounds, what food stage are you on...

Me and my husband both had surgery Thursday. Me at 8am him at 1040. Two days post op and I am so glad we did do same day. No need to explain what im feeling or vice versa. He is in more pain than me. But we still managed to push out a nice mile waloomlk.

Although now I feel like I was hit by a truck? Is there a limit on really how hard we should push? Everyone says walk walk and more walk. Just dont want to cause more damage?.

Me and my husband both had surgery Thursday. Me at 8am him at 1040. Two days post op and I am so glad we did do same day. No need to explain what im feeling or vice versa. He is in more pain than me. But we still managed to push out a nice mile walk.

I'm needing some prayer and cheerleaders. I'm exactly one week from surgery and down 13lbs. I should be excited but I feel so bad the weight loss means nothing! I still can't get everything down and daily pray that I don't dehydrate due to severe heartburn. They kept me in the hospital for 4 days because of it and still no combination of drug is working. I'm concerned about potential Hair loss and needing to live with this pain. ..It's way too much. Really feeling like I made the wrong decision right now. Who knew that heart burn could be so significant? ??@!@@@

Diva, praying for relief for you soon. My husband and I are 2 days postop, and its funny how different we both feel. He is in alot more pain than I am.

I am worried about dehydration as I barely got 8 oz in today! Keep your head up, this too shall pass.

Mcluvin, my doctor says I should be walking from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. You guys just have to listen to your body. If you feel like you've been hit by a truck, then you should rest.

Edited by cherrytree15

I'm needing some prayer and cheerleaders. I'm exactly one week from surgery and down 13lbs. I should be excited but I feel so bad the weight loss means nothing! I still can't get everything down and daily pray that I don't dehydrate due to severe heartburn. They kept me in the hospital for 4 days because of it and still no combination of drug is working. I'm concerned about potential Hair loss and needing to live with this pain. ..It's way too much. Really feeling like I made the wrong decision right now. Who knew that heart burn could be so significant? ??@!@@@

Diva, praying for relief for you soon. My husband and I are 2 days postop, and its funny how different we both feel. He is in alot more pain than I am.

I am worried about dehydration as I barely got 8 oz in today! Keep your head up, this too shall pass.

Mcluvin, my doctor says I should be walking from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. You guys just have to listen to your body. If you feel like you've been hit by a truck, then you should rest.

You are so right, learning to listen to my new body!

McLuvin you are a sweetheart. I'm doing much better 10 days post opt. Every day I get a little stronger and a little smaller! 20lbs down! My heartburn is now manageable and I'm getting my Protein in. The body's ability to heal itself is nothing short of a miracle. Be encouraged and keep sipping. .. one day it will all go down.

McLuvin you are a sweetheart. I'm doing much better 10 days post opt. Every day I get a little stronger and a little smaller! 20lbs down! My heartburn is now manageable and I'm getting my Protein in. The body's ability to heal itself is nothing short of a miracle. Be encouraged and keep sipping. .. one day it will all go down.

So now that I have had my Pre-op (3 weeks before surgery) I'm more nervous then ever. He told me about the hair falling out, when I asked him how long I'd be out of work he says it depends, some people have went back to work after 3 days. I'm really. He feels like I'm not going to have issues, he's says it's not to far off from when I had my gallbladder removed as far as pain goes. My biggest fear is the whole sipping and drinking and making sure I get all my Protein and Fluid intake in... am I alone on this? Has anyone had these fearing going into surgery?

So now that I have had my Pre-op (3 weeks before surgery) I'm more nervous then ever. He told me about the hair falling out, when I asked him how long I'd be out of work he says it depends, some people have went back to work after 3 days. I'm really. He feels like I'm not going to have issues, he's says it's not to far off from when I had my gallbladder removed as far as pain goes. My biggest fear is the whole sipping and drinking and making sure I get all my Protein and Fluid intake in... am I alone on this? Has anyone had these fearing going into surgery?

Hair fall out is no joke -- I cut 85% off at 3 months out and still fall out at almost 6 months out now. Im getting over 100g of protein daily and take all of my Vitamins. You have to sip and walk like its your full time job to prevent dehydration and Constipation. Trust me I learned the very hard way. I had surprise hiatal hernia repair pain from hell. Things do get better but its not easy for everyone -- I'm on Instagram @Sleever1212. Good luck!!

Oh no!! @sandisleeve. I have to have a hernia repair. That makes it worst? How bad was recovery?

Trust me...it gets way better. I'm almost nine months out and just 20 pounds from goal weight of 130-135. Just follow the plan set by your doctor and exercise. Eventually, everything falls into place and you won't remember the beginner blues.

Oh no!! @sandisleeve. I have to have a hernia repair. That makes it worst? How bad was recovery?

I had a hernia repair and I have to say my surgery was not bad AT ALL! I think it is different with everyone, with a wide array of variables. Some people don't like surgery and it will just be horrible regardless, some people's pain tolerance is very different and some people's surgery recovery is just down right awful. Try not to base your expectations on others experience. Use it as a tool of Preparedness but not as a crutch for fearfulness. You got this!!!!