Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

I just wanna say for all those goin in soon, don't worry! At all! We get worried because we kno so much and we researched and know the risks and all that's good but all the complications you hear of have such a small percentage if happening to u.

Allow yourself to adapt the soldier mentality and get thru the hard part which is by far the first 1-3 weeks and after those lil battles are conquered, then u realize you won the war and your fear will only slow your healing...it causes anxiety.

It's gets so much better every day!! Remeber that on day #2 and #4...lol

Stay positive all, you will be fine! Its not easy but it's doable and you're ready!!! Best of luck!

Hello Everyone,

Today marks my 3 week post op. So far I have lost about 20-25 lbs depending on when I start counting. I ended up gaining about 10lbs of IV fluids in the hospital so I had to loose that first…. To be honest I feel much better but still struggling to hit all the targets, I have not started formal exercise as I still feel very tired most days. When and how much did you start exercising? This week I also went through the dreaded week 3 stall (a little early)….

Glad to have found this forum!

Ahhh 3 wks was a catch 22. It was when I began to feel better and slightly normal again but I hit my stall then too at 27 lbs, the scale didn't move that whole week and now at 4 weeks tmrw I'm down 30.

I just got clearance for workouts yesterday at my 1 month post op appt. Before then just walking. But still have the restriction of no lifting over 20lbs.

Good luck, every day gets better...thank goodness...the first two weeks should earn us a medal!

Agreed - they are brutal! This is really more than a notion! Looks like the scale started moving but not sure of that should attributed to starving - not getting much food in - maybe 300-400 calories; dehydration - not enough Water, low Protein consumption - thats been a big challenge only able to eat 1/4 cup at a time - most solids going down and sitting REAL heavy…. Hating Protein Shakes or this minor case of bronchitis that I got… Lord… But I did come up with a Protein Shake today with an extra scoop of protein and I hit ~50g of protein with that… so thats a plus. Dr. prescribed predizone today but Im not feeling the steroids right now…. Im sure it gets better :-)))

Hello Everyone,

Today marks my 3 week post op. So far I have lost about 20-25 lbs depending on when I start counting. I ended up gaining about 10lbs of IV fluids in the hospital so I had to loose that first…. To be honest I feel much better but still struggling to hit all the targets, I have not started formal exercise as I still feel very tired most days. When and how much did you start exercising? This week I also went through the dreaded week 3 stall (a little early)….

Glad to have found this forum!

@@plumlove

Glad to hear you are feeling better. At 3 weeks out I was extremely fatigued even walking up stairs was a challenge. Could barely get my fluids in due to hernia repair pain. I was out of work for 6 weeks. I did occasional walks around the block at 4 weeks or so for like 10 minutes but my serious fitness began at about 6-7weeks out when I started spin classes again. I'm 5 months out now and back to my normal routine of a healthy spin addiction. I walk and do moderate strength training occasionally at home for about 20-25 minutes or so. Take it easy but do your best to keep moving so the fat comes off without losing too much good muscle. Good luck I'm down 67 since surgery and 90 since last October -- woohoooo!!! My diet is very restricted due to gastritis but I'm hoping that heals up soon cause I miss sushi sooo sooo sooooo bad!

attachicon.gif:

You look great! Go on girl! Well I am moving around but I have a lot of muscle fatigue. I feel my muscles burning and fatiguing with activities that i was normally doing before with no problem - I better get a couple of weights. Any tips for losing consistently?

Hello!!!!

I'm a newbie. Is there anyone from jersey on here? I'm waiting on my 1st appt with the surgeon. I've enjoyed reading all of your stories .... Keep up the good work !!!!

I'm from jersey in the oranges

You look great! Go on girl! Well I am moving around but I have a lot of muscle fatigue. I feel my muscles burning and fatiguing with activities that i was normally doing before with no problem - I better get a couple of weights. Any tips for losing consistently?

Hi plum just watch your portions which is easy early out keep Protein and Water up and vary your workouts when u start. The weight is sure to drop.

Good luck

I'm on Instagram @sleever1212 follow me

From Jersey as well...about 4 months post-op, and doing well!! Believe me...the more you get used to the routine, the easier it all gets!! If anyone has any questions, I'd be glad to share whatever I can!!

Progress from 290s In 2009 to 167.4 this morning. Yay! Vsg 121213

attachicon.gif:

Congratulations! You look great!! You should update your progress in your settings, so you can really show off your progress!! Definitely worth showing off!!

Congratulations! You look great!! You should update your progress in your settings, so you can really show off your progress!! Definitely worth showing off!!

Thanks bry!! Everyday is a challenge

Thanks bry!! Everyday is a challenge

Good morning all. I am now 4 days post up. Not as bad as I expected. I've been walking 1/2 mile a day. I'm gonna shoot for a whole mile this morning. Still have drain until next Friday. Trying to get fluids in. Ujury chicken Protein has been awesome. 26 grams per 8 ounces. Herbal tea, lots of ice and Water has been my thing. I realized yesterday that I now hate sweets! The antibiotic meds are really sweet, don't like them. Heating pad has been wonderful. I pooted for the first time last night (TMI, BUT IT WAS AWESOME! Still sore in the abdomen but everyday it gets better. I hate the compression socks. now I can take them off all day and only put them on when I sleep. Uhhhmmmm I think that's it for now. Oh 10lbs down. 2 lbs from pre op and 8 lbs post op.

CONGRATS ON SURGERY AND FEELING GOOD POST-OP!