Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

Hey guys....Happy Sunday almost Monday!....im bored and my mind is going into VSG overload!!!!!

Cherrytree I'm being sleeved Thursday as well! I'm feeling a bit anxious about the surgery. ..pain expectations...hair loss!!! After really praying, I've decided to accept these concerns over high blood pressure...chances of a stroke...sleep apnea...arthritis in my knees! Keep it in perspective and let God be God. He can handle the pressure. Lets stay connected (and others going in this week). Encouragement and accountability is key!

Cherrytree I'm being sleeved Thursday as well! I'm feeling a bit anxious about the surgery. ..pain expectations...hair loss!!! After really praying, I've decided to accept these concerns over high blood pressure...chances of a stroke...sleep apnea...arthritis in my knees! Keep it in perspective and let God be God. He can handle the pressure. Lets stay connected (and others going in this week). Encouragement and accountability is key!

Cherrytree I'm being sleeved Thursday as well! I'm feeling a bit anxious about the surgery. ..pain expectations...hair loss!!! After really praying, I've decided to accept these concerns over high blood pressure...chances of a stroke...sleep apnea...arthritis in my knees! Keep it in perspective and let God be God. He can handle the pressure. Lets stay connected (and others going in this week). Encouragement and accountability is key

Cherrytree I'm being sleeved Thursday as well! I'm feeling a bit anxious about the surgery. ..pain expectations...hair loss!!! After really praying, I've decided to accept these concerns over high blood pressure...chances of a stroke...sleep apnea...arthritis in my knees! Keep it in perspective and let God be God. He can handle the pressure. Lets stay connected (and others going in this week). Encouragement and accountability is key

Diva, my time is actually tomorrow. I just got the call. I have to be there at 8:00 am. It seemed like such a long process, now it seems like it came so fast, lol. Well tomorrow is the big day. Prayers going up for all having surgery tomorrow.

Diva, my time is actually tomorrow. I just got the call. I have to be there at 8:00 am. It seemed like such a long process, now it seems like it came so fast, lol. Well tomorrow is the big day. Prayers going up for all having surgery tomorrow.

I know you might not wanna post for a few days after surgery! Let us know how you doing! Praying for ya!

Your concerns were as much as mine, same illnesses, etc. Knees are getting better, hblood no more, just to name a few! I still use my cpap, but will know if I will still need it after the Dr visit! I heard skinny people use it too lol!

Praying for ya! Let us know how ya doing!

Your concerns were as much as mine, same illnesses, etc. Knees are getting better, hblood no more, just to name a few! I still use my cpap, but will know if I will still need it after the Dr visit! I heard skinny people use it too lol!

Praying for ya! Let us know how ya doing!

Hello Everyone!!!!

Do we have anyone from new jersery on here? I am a newbie waiting on appointment with surgeon an I have a couple of questions.

Jersey here! Welcome :-)

Hello!!!!

I'm a newbie. Is there anyone from jersey on here? I'm waiting on my 1st appt with the surgeon. I've enjoyed reading all of your stories .... Keep up the good work !!!!

Philly is here! And thanks for all of the prayers and support. Two days to go. A bit nervous, but yet trusting God for an uneventful surgery and dramaless recovery! I wish the same to each of you embarking om your journey this week!

Hello Everyone,

Today marks my 3 week post op. So far I have lost about 20-25 lbs depending on when I start counting. I ended up gaining about 10lbs of IV fluids in the hospital so I had to loose that first…. To be honest I feel much better but still struggling to hit all the targets, I have not started formal exercise as I still feel very tired most days. When and how much did you start exercising? This week I also went through the dreaded week 3 stall (a little early)….

Glad to have found this forum!

Ahhh 3 wks was a catch 22. It was when I began to feel better and slightly normal again but I hit my stall then too at 27 lbs, the scale didn't move that whole week and now at 4 weeks tmrw I'm down 30.

I just got clearance for workouts yesterday at my 1 month post op appt. Before then just walking. But still have the restriction of no lifting over 20lbs.

Good luck, every day gets better...thank goodness...the first two weeks should earn us a medal!