Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

Can anyone recommend a good gas pill?

Can anyone recommend a good gas pill?

Any over the counter gas pill should do. They all have the same active ingredient "simethicone" the main difference is how much. So regular or extra strength. I'd chose x-strength and generic /store brand which will cost less.

Yep...41g of sugar...1 carb. I will try to make one at home. Surprisingly the 41g of sugar is the only sugar I have in a day. My doc said just eat less and Protein first....protein protein protein. Are any of you all using myfitnesspal

I'm glad it's working for you. I think if I drank that much sugar at one time I'd have stomach issues if you know what I mean. Keep up the good work!

Has anyone had swollen ankles after surgery? My surgeon didn't want me back on my high blood pressure medication. What did you take to relieve the swelling in the ankles?

Has anyone had swollen ankles after surgery? My surgeon didn't want me back on my high blood pressure medication. What did you take to relieve the swelling in the ankles?

I started my reg meds...bp, cholesterol, and plavix 2 days after the surgery. I havent had any complications whatsoever.

post-23216-13838396542407_thumb.jpg

Started at 299 now 173 down 126 in 8 most lost the first 100 at 5 months goal is 185 12 pounds under that and 9 pounds to be to normal bmi

Started at 299 now 173 down 126 in 8 most lost the first 100 at 5 months goal is 185 12 pounds under that and 9 pounds to be to normal bmi

Amazing...beautiful lady! Im so scared bc my hw 242...cw198..slow loser. It has been 5 wks. I have to lose 58 more pounds. I make 5 months in February so Im hoping mine is just taking its sweet time. How was your weight loss experience? Was it slow at first? Any tips for us?

great job. You look great.

Amazing...beautiful lady! Im so scared bc my hw 242...cw198..slow loser. It has been 5 wks. I have to lose 58 more pounds. I make 5 months in February so Im hoping mine is just taking its sweet time. How was your weight loss experience? Was it slow at first? Any tips for us?
your not losing slow let me just say that 5 weeks 58 pounds is great

Awesome and congrats, you go girl !!!

I lost the first 48 b4 surgery...its been about 15-22 in 5weeks. I guess its ok since its about 3 to 4 pounds per wk. I have to remember that I have some time to lose the last 58 pounds.

I lost the first 48 b4 surgery...its been about 15-22 in 5weeks. I guess its ok since its about 3 to 4 pounds per wk. I have to remember that I have some time to lose the last 58 pounds.
yes your doing great I kno how you feel that weight can't come off fast enough I felt that but once you get to a great place in your journey u gonna say hmm I worried for nothing ..

Good morning Sleevers, I NEED HELP GETTING BACK TRACK. What's your daily food intake (breakfast lunch dinner), measurements, Protein intake, what type of shakes you suggest etc. I'm open to anything right now. Thank you advance.

Good morning Sleevers' date=' I NEED HELP GETTING BACK TRACK. What's your daily food intake (breakfast lunch dinner), measurements, Protein intake, what type of shakes you suggest etc. I'm open to anything right now. Thank you advance.[/quote']

I usually don't go over 700 calories. I never have more than 4oz solid Protein, 1/4 cup vegetables or starch. I eat 1 yogurt as a meal usually for Breakfast with 12 almonds. lunch is a shake ( Protizyme, Matrix, or Premier Protein), or a Protein Bar (Oh Yeah brand), or a 100 calorie pack Jerky with a baby bell cheese. dinner is 4oz lean protein, with a vegetable and sometimes 1/4 cup of a complex carb. I make sure each meal has a minimum of 20 grams of protein. My daily protein intake is never under 80 grams even when my schedule is hectic. Good luck to you.

Hi' date=' I am a slow loser also. I was sleeved july8th. And have lost 33 lbs so far. Starting wt 240. I get extremely frustrated when I think about how slow this has been even with exercise. My doc told me to expect this since I am a lapband revision. I'm told that the body figures out what you are trying to do and interprets weight loss at this level as starvation. Your body will hold on to weight Water etc. until you increase your Protein and calories to a level where the body feels starvation is not your plan. I'm finally averaging 600-900 calories daily and 60-80 grams of Protein. Doc says 90 grams of protein is the target. Then don't forget to add resistive training which increases your metabolism and keeps you from burning your muscle up instead of fat. If you burn muscle instead of fat your metabolism will slow and your weight loss will stop and weight gain becomes easy.[/quote']

Hi I started out at 238....I am slow loser as well. I had surgery Dec 10, 2012...I'm down to 177 lbs. I went from a size 18 to an amazing size 12. I actually look a little smaller. Just keep working at it dont measure your lost against others and don't stress about it!!!