Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

Hi all! Does anyone have any before/after pics to share? Maybe a hair before and after too since a lot of ppl have posted on that topic. ;-) My husband love's my "assets" sure don't want to loose those, lol. As for hair, I'm thinking about starting Biotin before surgery (no date yet) as a precautionary method. (natural hair)

Hey. GYTN! My sister has had brain surgery' date=' kidney transplant, high bold pressure and deibetes .. And had this surgery and she is walking around. She had the surgery in 2011.. You will be ok.. It's nerve racking the wait for surgery and the the dr. Wheeling you into the operation room.. But you will be just fine.. Chilling watching TV like coco... Lololol[/quote']

Thanks for the reassurance!

Day 3 of my preop liquid diet and have already lost 6 pounds.... I have not cheated at ALL... I drink Water all day and drink 4 Protein Shakes throughout the day.. Its tough but I know what I want so Im fighting for it... GOD is really giving me everything I need to make day after day.....

Very inspiring you make me want to keep working knowing I'm not alone in this experience!

Hi all! Does anyone have any before/after pics to share? Maybe a hair before and after too since a lot of ppl have posted on that topic. ;-) My husband love's my "assets" sure don't want to loose those' date=' lol. As for hair, I'm thinking about starting Biotin before surgery (no date yet) as a precautionary method. (natural hair)[/quote']

You should start biotin now!

I'm going to get Biotin some time this weekend. Did you take it before surgery? How much? I was thinking about taking double the recommendation on the bottle if my Dr says it's ok.

Also, I'm thinking about doing "corset training" immediately after surgery to influence body shape. Has anyone tried this?

I havent tried corset training bc my waist is the first thing I lose around. I just need to get bk to exercising.

I havent tried corset training bc my waist is the first thing I lose around. I just need to get bk to exercising.

I know that every woman on here is concerned with hair loss! You don't loose your hair because you are loosing weight. Hair loss comes from Protein depletion.. It's our body telling us we are not getting enough protein. It does not matter what ethnic back ground we come from if you do not get your daily protein count in a day your body will start pulling it from other parts of your body such as your hair, nails, skin, and muscles! I encourage everyone to take Biotin, as well as a good Hair, nails, and skin Vitamin before surgery and after.. Keep your hair in protective styles and don't put any chemicals in your hair such as perms etc.. Personally I keep my hair protected by a sew in, braided underneath with a cap.. My hair is still growing nice and healthy while I'm still loosing weight.. I have loss 31lbs in 6 weeks and my hair has grown 1-2 inches! I hope this has been a blessing to someone!

I know that every woman on here is concerned with hair loss! You don't loose your hair because you are loosing weight. Hair loss comes from Protein depletion.. It's our body telling us we are not getting enough protein. It does not matter what ethnic back ground we come from if you do not get your daily protein count in a day your body will start pulling it from other parts of your body such as your hair' date=' nails, skin, and muscles! I encourage everyone to take Biotin, as well as a good Hair, nails, and skin Vitamin before surgery and after.. Keep your hair in protective styles and don't put any chemicals in your hair such as perms etc.. Personally I keep my hair protected by a sew in, braided underneath with a cap.. My hair is still growing nice and healthy while I'm still loosing weight.. I have loss 31lbs in 6 weeks and my hair has grown 1-2 inches! I hope this has been a blessing to someone![/quote']

Thank you so much for this post. I will continue with my sew ins. I take Biotin 10000mcg max strength and the rest of my Vitamins.< /p>

I been sleeved just over 5 months and no Hair loss. Because my hair is so thick I told myself not to worry. I do keep it braided and haven't had a perm in years. But in between braids no extra shedding. So I agree it's about the Protein. I get my 75 grams in 95 % of the time.

Great news at docs today, I past the 50 lb mark and into onderland! Total loss 69 lbs. Praise God for strength and perseverance!

Hope this inspires someone :)

Hi all! Does anyone have any before/after pics to share? Maybe a hair before and after too since a lot of ppl have posted on that topic. ;-) My husband love's my "assets" sure don't want to loose those, lol. As for hair, I'm thinking about starting Biotin before surgery (no date yet) as a precautionary method. (natural hair)

My hair never fell out.. Not sure if I'm lucky.. I've also heard that Biotin doesn't work. You should focus on taking the Vitamins prescribed by the NUT and your surgeon. B12 is critical after surgery. To be honest, yes.. I lost a little in the breast area.. they didn't get too small.. but did go down a cup size. and they are a bit saggy. But still happy no longer a size 22.. the rest is all gravy

I do agree with you. .I found this site last night and almost screamed lol. .. glad there is something here for us. .. not that it's a must but nice to see. .. I've been investigating this survey for 1 year and finally decided to go with it. .. now im patiently awaiting the insurance approval but it's driving me crazy! !

We r going to claim it....u r approve ...God will provide

Blessings to all great stories !!!!!!!