Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

I can't lie the whole box is still in my room. I just couldn't do it. I just made sure I got up walked hourly to prevent blood clots. Just call me chicken.

LOL! I can't blame you one bit... Congrats to you though on being sleeved. And I wish you the best in your new beginning :-)

No' date=' I don't have to take additional shots. Were you on a blood thinner before procedure?[/quote']

No. They said its to prevent blood clots after a serious surgery like this. I walk so that would alleviate the issue. What I've found after doing it 3x by myself (Big Grin) the needle, it melts into my stomach. I was afraid of nothing really.

I am also on Gallstone preventive meds & Prilosec...along with multi Vitamins, calcium citrate, b-12, B complex, hair, nails, skin formula all in liquid form. I have Vit C, chlorophyll and aloe Vera.

I'm only 4-days post op and feel so much better.

I can't lie the whole box is still in my room. I just couldn't do it. I just made sure I got up walked hourly to prevent blood clots. Just call me chicken.

I walk as well but my surgeon suggested this. I'm so grown up. Needles are like kryptonite but I have evolved. So proud of me...

Good luck all sleevers. Aug. 19th is my new birthdate.

My surgery is the 9th as well....Good luck to youdde00

Good luck

My surgery is the 9th as well....Good luck to youdde00

Good luck

I'm new to the site. So glad to locate this post. Looking forward to communicating and hearing from all of you. BTW....I live in Los Angeles. If there are any sleevers in my area, hit me up. I would love to share this journey with all of you!

Thank You, I have not been sleeved yet. Kaiser (my health insurance) requires that I take a 12 week course. My classes begin on Aug 31st. I can't wait. I'm sure there will be other requirements but I'm not sure what they are right now. Hopefully this week will go be fast. I'm ready to get started! :)

While you do that get EVERYTHING done that you can. Labs, Xrays, Endoscopy, EKG, Psych Eval, and etc. If your using a one stop shop ask them if you can do some stuff on your own since you have those classes so wheb your done you can just submit for approval

hi everyone, i am 29 And live in Arlington, tx. My surgeon sent everything to my insurance (bcbs MI) 1 wk ago. I pray they approve me... I'm ready to get my life back.. Im new to this forum and i love it already :) this is great to go through this process with people that get it...

hi everyone' date=' i am 29 And live in Arlington, tx. My surgeon sent everything to my insurance (bcbs MI) 1 wk ago. I pray they approve me... I'm ready to get my life back.. Im new to this forum and i love it already :) this is great to go through this process with people that get it...[/quote']

Hey Brownsista! Welcome to the forum. I am a Michigander also. Same insurance as well. Recently sleeved on the 2nd of August.

Hey Brownsista! Welcome to the forum. I am a Michigander also. Same insurance as well. Recently sleeved on the 2nd of August.

Congrats.... how do you feel... im from tx i just have the insurance.. my home office id out of MI..