Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

My starting weight was 299 as of now I'm 198 Im 5'7 in a half but that's questionable because I look taller being 198 ppl say I look more like 145 so I set my goal at the higher end just because I would be way too small at a normal Bmi I still in the losing phase so it's not hard to maintain .. I still don't eat bread ' date=' Pasta , rice I it what I want if I turkey want it but I still drink low calorie drinks because it easy to drink your calories no I don't track my food that's not for me I try to be as normal a possible and deal w eating one day at a time .. I so happy and it feels so good some friends think if I lose more ill be too skinny but I won't be the first thin person dde09[/quote']

It's weird because our body type (I'd swear you were 150# in your pics.) we carry weight so much different than other races. My goal is 165 but I'm nervous about the bobble head look...lol anyway, great job.

It's weird because our body type (I'd swear you were 150# in your pics.) we carry weight so much different than other races. My goal is 165 but I'm nervous about the bobble head look...lol anyway' date=' great job.

[/quote']

I kno rt I think 165 is great that's what my direst goal was but it changes after you lose weight because I going by how u feel as well thank you hunny and I've been told by that my head is bigger than my body

I kno rt I think 165 is great that's what my direst goal was but it changes after you lose weight because I going by how u feel as well thank you hunny and I've been told by that my head is bigger than my body

I agree goal changes as you lose my original goal was 135 but now I am thinking maybe 125-130 and I am 147 today :) I was smokin before at 140 but I was younger and firmer then and I think I will need to go lower to look that good again...I will post some new pics soon :)

No bobble head here I am thinking 20lbs more :)

Girl you look awesome!

No bobble head here I am thinking 20lbs more :)

Cute

I am also worried about the bobble head look. Not sure if that happens to everyone or does it just depend on how much and how quickly you loose the weight? Surgery Oct 21, can't wait :-)

Yes you look fabulous...I went from 140 at 16 to about 150 until 30-31! To be 150 again would be like hitting the lottery. Everyone keep pushing on. We did this for a reason...

Yes you look fabulous...I went from 140 at 16 to about 150 until 30-31! To be 150 again would be like hitting the lottery. Everyone keep pushing on. We did this for a reason...

Thanks everyone! Yes we all did this for a reason and very good ones. I am glad to see everyone progressing well !!!

I am very excited to see this group, I have been reading post here and you all make me very excited. I have been waiting on my insurance company to approve me and then it's the home stretch. I spoke to them today and it looks like they have ok'd everything from what the lady I spoke to said but it should be done by tomorrow. I am so happy for everyone on here that they have taken this journey and running with it, which gives me hope. I cant wait to be on the other side going from pre to post. I will continue to post so you all can take this journey with me.

Hello all I have 2 questions for all my post-ops 1. on the day of surgery how did you have your hair? I really want to do braids or plaits but I have a dry itchy scalp so I need to be able to wash my hair but at the same time not sure if I want to deal with combing hair. 2. I was told to keep from having sagging skin you need to keep it moisturize is this true and what do you keep it moisturize with (arms, stomach, and thighs) . Thank you

Hello all I have 2 questions for all my post-ops 1. on the day of surgery how did you have your hair? I really want to do braids or plaits but I have a dry itchy scalp so I need to be able to wash my hair but at the same time not sure if I want to deal with combing hair. 2. I was told to keep from having sagging skin you need to keep it moisturize is this true and what do you keep it moisturize with (arms' date=' stomach, and thighs) . Thank you[/quote']

I had twists done the month before surgery

Moisturizer keeps your skin moist, not from sagging, toning keeps the sagging minimal

Hello all I have 2 questions for all my post-ops 1. on the day of surgery how did you have your hair? I really want to do braids or plaits but I have a dry itchy scalp so I need to be able to wash my hair but at the same time not sure if I want to deal with combing hair. 2. I was told to keep from having sagging skin you need to keep it moisturize is this true and what do you keep it moisturize with (arms' date=' stomach, and thighs) . Thank you[/quote']

After surgery it's recommend that you not wash your hair for six week