Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

I was wondering how things were going wit my sis and bros who have been sleeved the good the bad the ugly hair.loss loose skin and all that i am aa and praying my insurance approves me i have done most of my requirements i just have my psych eval and sleep study left and then the waiting game for approval and surg date. ..any responses would be great:))

Hey Lady! I was sleeved on May 1st so far so good I don't have any complaints. At this point I have no regrets. I am a little sore around the bigger incision but that's the brunt of it. I think the worst of it all to me is the liquid diet.< /p>

Hey Lady! I was sleeved on May 1st so far so good I don't have any complaints. At this point I have no regrets. I am a little sore around the bigger incision but that's the brunt of it. I think the worst of it all to me is the liquid diet.< /div>

Yea that liquid diet is slightly a concern for me im worried a lil i have will power but sometimes i get a lil weak im wondering about Hair loss and loose skin i hope i snap bk.lol i been thinking reading and reading hoping this is a great choice but i know im doing right:) congrats and jeep me posted

Hey Lady! I was sleeved on May 1st so far so good I don't have any complaints. At this point I have no regrets. I am a little sore around the bigger incision but that's the brunt of it. I think the worst of it all to me is the liquid diet.< /div>

Ugh! That's the absolute worse part. Well, the preop diet is the WORST. It gets SOOOOO much better though!

I was wondering how things were going wit my sis and bros who have been sleeved the good the bad the ugly hair.loss loose skin and all that i am aa and praying my insurance approves me i have done most of my requirements i just have my psych eval and sleep study left and then the waiting game for approval and surg date. ..any responses would be great:))

Make sure you have everything you need on hand after surgery, Soup, Jello, crystal light, Protein, milk. I had Surgery Dec 10 no pain meds. I was a little nauseated after Surgery but that my only complaint.

Make sure you have everything you need on hand after surgery' date=' Soup, Jello, crystal light, Protein, milk. I had Surgery Dec 10 no pain meds. I was a little nauseated after Surgery but that my only complaint.[/quote']

Wow...no pain meds that's great!!! I hate feeling nauseous but i can for the end results How much weight have u lost so far?

Wow...no pain meds that's great!!! I hate feeling nauseous but i can for the end results How much weight have u lost so far?

Just to let you know...I read about LOTS of people who barely used their meds, then I needed mine for 12 days. Everyone is different. I had my gall bladder put at the same time and it was really bad, so that might have made a difference.

50lbs....I'm a slow loser but loving my results. I started at 238.. size 18 they were tight.....I'm wearing 12 their tight but a lot of 14 are too loose.

Just to let you know...I read about LOTS of people who barely used their meds' date=' then I needed mine for 12 days. Everyone is different. I had my gall bladder put at the same time and it was really bad, so that might have made a difference.[/quote']

Ive been seeing that but knowing me ill need then i really hate taking meds i don't like how i feel afterwards but hey gotta do what u gotta do my doctor said i could possibly get my gall bladder out at the same time....i hope not how long have u been sleeved???

50lbs....I'm a slow loser but loving my results. I started at 238.. size 18 they were tight.....I'm wearing 12 their tight but a lot of 14 are too loose.

Wow that is what's up!!!!!!! I weigh 277 @ 5'9 girl fast or slow i need this weight to come off lol but that is good im in a 22 and can fit some.20 blah lol

Ive been seeing that but knowing me ill need then i really hate taking meds i don't like how i feel afterwards but hey gotta do what u gotta do my doctor said i could possibly get my gall bladder out at the same time....i hope not how long have u been sleeved???

A lot of people experience gallbladder issues after a substantial weightloss that is why some docs remove them right away while doing the surgery. I already had mine removed before I got the sleeve and trust me you would rather have them remove the gallbladder at the same time if you can. Gallbladder attack pain is NO JOKE I had it after my 2nd pregnancy and it was some of the worst pain I have ever felt WAY more than post op pain after having sleeve and way worse than my 3 c sections and thyroidectomy. Terrible I am telling you if he will take out your gallbladder you will save yourself another surgery after your sleeve if you have the problems many have with gallbladder after WLS

I was sleeved 3/29/13

A lot of people experience gallbladder issues after a substantial weightloss that is why some docs remove them right away while doing the surgery. I already had mine removed before I got the sleeve and trust me you would rather have them remove the gallbladder at the same time if you can. Gallbladder attack pain is NO JOKE I had it after my 2nd pregnancy and it was some of the worst pain I have ever felt WAY more than post op pain after having sleeve and way worse than my 3 c sections and thyroidectomy. Terrible I am telling you if he will take out your gallbladder you will save yourself another surgery after your sleeve if you have the problems many have with gallbladder after WLS

Omg :( wow well that's pain for real smh ok thanks for the info

Wow that is what's up!!!!!!! I weigh 277 @ 5'9 girl fast or slow i need this weight to come off lol but that is good im in a 22 and can fit some.20 blah lol

Its wasn't a walk in the pound but when you see the results its worth the minor discomfort. I had diet before but these results are amazing. I have always had good self esteem but its major now. The bomb.com

Its wasn't a walk in the pound but when you see the results its worth the minor discomfort. I had diet before but these results are amazing. I have always had good self esteem but its major now. The bomb.com

Lol i can.imagine and i can't wait:))))))