Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

Just wanted to share this. Today i was at the store and they had catfish nuggets on sale so i bought a package of them. We can't eat fried so i went online and found this recipe i just tried and it was excellent. It's baked not fried and there is no breading. i doubled the amount of catfish as i was making it for my wife too (she was sleeved the week after me) but i kept the rest the same. I also used can't believe it's not butter and i realize you can probably get away with 2 or 3oz as with the lemon juice and dry white wine there is plenty of sauce for 4 nuggets. i didn't use salt or cilantro. it was really good and flavorful and depending on oven 12 minutes was perfect for mine it came out tender falling off the fork good. play with it make your own but where i got it from it got real good reviews so i tried it and i wasn't disappointed.

Enjoy

Ingredients

2 (7 to 8-ounce) catfish fillets

4 ounces butter

4 ounces dry white wine

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic

1 teaspoon chopped cilantro

Salt to taste

Pepper to taste

Paprika

Directions

Season fish with salt and pepper. Place fish in oval casserole dish. Melt 4 ounces butter in small sauce pan. Add wine and remaining ingredients, except the paprika. Simmer about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and spoon over fish. Now sprinkle paprika over fish. Bake fish in 375 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the fish is done.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/baked-catfish-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback

Thanks for the recipie. When I a able to eat I will definately tr it out. How long did it take you to be comfortable with eating food? I'm at stage 4 and afraid because I threw up a few times. As a pevious lap band patient this is the last thing I want to feel like crap that is

Thanks for the recipie. When I a able to eat I will definately tr it out. How long did it take you to be comfortable with eating food? I'm at stage 4 and afraid because I threw up a few times. As a pevious lap band patient this is the last thing I want to feel like crap that is

I'm the exception not the rule but i wasn't able to eat till Feb 11th and i was sleeved Dec 3rd 2012. I had a lot of problems and couldn't drink Protein Shakes without throwing up so you can't go by me. I was only able to get Water in and maybe a few bites of food every once in a while. I will say i'm doing a lot better but i have found that better quality food makes a difference. I went to a business dinner in February and had fresh caught salmon and was able to eat about 2/3 of it but then went to a business lunch two weeks later and tried farm raised and wasn't even able to finish 1/3. i find seafood goes down the easiest and i seem to be able to eat a little more of it than chicken. I found a turkey pot roast made by jenni o that was excellent. it was nice and tender and i was able to take a few bites and was full but it was really good. I also recommend if your having problems is in the beginning my wife and i would make recipes and then stick in the food processor and that really helps. My biggest problem has always been i am a fast eater so like last night i threw up cause i ate a few chicken wings too fast. Mostly it's trial and error but i hear you about throwing up i hate it and it hurts so bad. i'm mostlyt happy with how much i've lost but i lost so quick due to not being able to get any Protein in that i lost a lot of muscle so i'm just starting to build it back up. I was sleeved only 4 and a half months ago but i'm 25lbs from my goal weight. it will get better i would just stay away from pork and beef for now if your having any problems throwing up right now. i just saw your three weeks out so your probably still on Soup and yogurt right now. I will say my wife didn't have any problems and was mostly able to eat by the 5th or 6th week without much issues. I also recommend Premier Protein shakes from costco they don't taste horrible and they have a 30G protein in a small enough container that it doesn't take hours to drink. 3 a day would be your full daily protein for a female or most of the way for a male and it's easy to make u the difference. I find if i take high protein low fat Jerky and peanuts to work with me to snack throughout the day and then drink water in between i have enough energy to make it through he day and stay full.

I had surgery March 19th. Hw: 274 Sw: 253 Cw: 220 I've lost a total of 54 pounds since starting my pre-op diet March 4. I'm must say that this surgery has change my life because I never thought I would ever see the scale do a decrease again. I've went from a size 42-44 jeans to a 40-38 jeans and also my shirt size has went from a 3x to an 2x n I'm still losing weight daily is wat it seems like.

Thanks for the advice and words of encouragement. I feel much better now. I guess in due time it will get easier...

I'm so happy to find this thread. I was sleeved Feb 11th. I have lost 50 lbs and I am loving all of the changes in my life. I have been really lucky so far. I threw up once because I swallowed a pill too hard, but otherwise I have had no issues. As I approach the three month mark, I am getting more concerned about Hair loss. I so far haven't noticed anything worse than normal and I have pretty thick hair, but as summer gets closer & it is time to touch up my perm I worry. What have been other people's experience?

I'm so happy to find this thread. I was sleeved Feb 11th. I have lost 50 lbs and I am loving all of the changes in my life. I have been really lucky so far. I threw up once because I swallowed a pill too hard' date=' but otherwise I have had no issues. As I approach the three month mark, I am getting more concerned about Hair loss. I so far haven't noticed anything worse than normal and I have pretty thick hair, but as summer gets closer & it is time to touch up my perm I worry. What have been other people's experience?[/quote']

I have been on Biotin before this journey and upped the dosage to 6000mg since surgery. I also am all natural now. I have been wearing weave to not stress my hair out so much. Take your Vitamins. I was sleeved on August 17 2012.

Don't worry...that causes stress which causes issues. Blessings!!!

I've been locked for 13 years and I am about to comb mine out but I started Biotin b4 surgery. Haven't tried them since surgery cause I was scared to swallow pillows but I will start today... Thanks

My hair is considered fine and I also perm every 6 weeks. Being 3 mths out I've noticed slightly more shedding than usual combined with some breakage. I've been trying to limit the amount of heat being applied. While wandering the Target aisles on Saturday, I found "Fall Out" by Garnier Fructis. I purchased the Shampoo, Conditioner and Anti-Breaking Spray. It wasn't too expensive so if it ends up not working I won't be out too much money. :D

I've also been taking 10,000 mg / day of Biotin since about 6 wks after surgery. I wanted to make sure I could tolerate taking pills. But they are so tiny it is hardly noticeable with swallowed.

I found another recipe i am going to try tonight. I'm using can't believe it's not butter light instead of butter and i will use fresh minced garlic instead of salt. I will let you know how it turns out. I might add a little dry white wine to the sauce as the sauce i made for the catfish was excellent.

Broiled Scallops:

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds bay scallops

1 tablespoon garlic salt

2 tablespoons butter, melted

2 tablespoons lemon juice

Directions: 1. Turn broiler on. 2. Rinse scallop and place in a shallow baking pan. Sprinkle with garlic salt, melted butter or margarine and lemon juice. 3. Broil 6 to 8 minutes or until scallops start to turn golden. Remove from oven and serve with extra melted butter or margarine on the side for dipping.

Hello everyone I have been lurking around reading multiple post that have been EXTREMELY insightful. I have started taking notes in order to make sure I don't forget anything. I don't have a date for my sleeve as of yet but I am hoping around July or August. I CANT WAIT !!!! I am already buying clothes a lil to snug and calling them my TRANSFORMATION OUTFITS.......(yea I am a shopaholic)..........

My biggest fear is the sagging loose skin that alot of people speak of. My doctor told me that it is a 50 -50 chance of having or not having it. I would hate to go this transformation and be unhappy with the end results because of my loose skin........

I have been reading a lot about Hair loss and that doesn't worry me that much cause I am a true certified WIGGY !!! :P I was considering getting micros but after reading about the possible hair loss issues I may just stick with my wigs to avoid any other stress to my hair.

I have started dabbling in drinking some Protein Shakes and still haven't found none that I really like. My nutritionist suggested EAS Protein shakes and they are ok but I still be hungry afterwards. I thought I was doing good by drinking those Special K shakes but nutritionist nipped those in the bud real quick.( lol they were good too)

I would love to know if there are any people in the Columbia SC area on here that i could buddy up with.

Last question or issue for now.....I am a very social person that often go out and was wondering is drinking alcohol totally 100% off limits with the sleeve :unsure: ???

Hello All' date='

Super excited that I found this group... I am 25 years old and have been considering weightless surgery for years. I started in Feb 2013 on my journey and there have been so many bumps in the road. Currently I am on a Quest to lose 30 pounds before my surgery will give me a set date for my sleeve....I am currently doing 5 Protein Shakes and 1 healthy choice meal for dinner.... I have an amazing husband who has been completing this diet with me but I am scared that I won't be able to follow it for 6 weeks let alone lose the 30 pounds I need to. Just really looking for advice and support!!!![/quote']

I'm not sure what you plan will be after surgery, IMO that's a great deal of shakes. I'm glad that you are being pro active in getting it off. You will do it because that is what you have set your mind to. I clarify the a lot of shakes statements, because you will get burned out, especially if you have to continue them Pre-op and post- op. Trust me when I say. I did 2 a day from February 2012 until my Pre surgery diet, then continued with what was required. I will be 8 weeks out tomorrow. Per my surgeons plan I have 1 more week before I can get to puréed. If you didn't guess I'm doing Protein drinks!!!! Sooooo tired of them now. Never though I would say that. I guess I'm just ready to progress.

Again you can do it when your mind is made up! I didn't think I could go 9 weeks on protein, creamed Soups and Water. That's basically my nourishment.

Much success to you!

Each surgeon is a little different. My dr required me to be on full liquids for my first two weeks pre-op. I won't lie to you doing that many sweet Protein Shakes, but mixing it up with Protein enhanced Soups help the time go by. My wife also took full Soup, puréed and strained them for me which made it easy to stick to the post-op diet. I know what others on others threads said about not being able to stick to their respective diets, but try your best not to cheat. It will help with your self-control. I did not cheat and made my 8 weeks ago on Friday and was 50lbs down. I did 2 protein shakes a day and then had a sensible meal for the two weeks leading up to my surgery date, which helped me lose 12lbs. Always remember it wad the unhealthy foods in large quantities which got us to where we are today. I wish you well on your journey.