Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

From 280 to 264 since 3/25/13...WooHoo!!!! Since i started pureed diet, i have found a new love for Hummus....whoda thunk.... :D

Well 4 weeks off for me, I'm a licensed psychiatric technician.....working California State Mental Hospital is a roller coaster ride daily...high risk of being assualted so I need to be as close to healed as possible before returning.

I been there so I understand. I am so glad u are able to take that long.

Glad to see activity from this thread I am 5 mo post op going on 6 mo (april) surgery 10/29/12 lost 62.2 pounds having a ball no problems just my arthoritists acting up lol in southern Calif. Good luck to you all if you have questions that you wont ask your doc hit me up at foodnoproblem@ gmail. com. I am a motivational speaker and i speak at the wls support groups and community information sessions where I had my surgery.

I'm about 5 weeks almost 6 weeks post op. I've been struggling with Protein. Every type of Protein Shake has upset my stomach. Yesterday I tried Isopure it also made me sick to the stomach. I tried unflavored Unjury today. I guesd my body had enough after one sip it came right back up. I haven't been able to keep anything down since i tried the protein mix. Is anybody else having this issue? Also I'm just curious to know for those that are 6 weeks out what and how much are you eating?

Hi I'm blessings I wanted u to know that everyone has been where u r the Protein Shakes r going to take awhile for u to handle. After I got sleeved every smell or taste made me want to gag. If j have to hold your nose so that u won't smell it just might work n take very small sips. I held my nose but I got it in . Everyone is different I wish u luck n let me know how it turns out.

I'm about 5 weeks almost 6 weeks post op. I've been struggling with Protein. Every type of Protein Shake has upset my stomach. Yesterday I tried Isopure it also made me sick to the stomach. I tried unflavored Unjury today. I guesd my body had enough after one sip it came right back up. I haven't been able to keep anything down since i tried the protein mix. Is anybody else having this issue? Also I'm just curious to know for those that are 6 weeks out what and how much are you eating?

I couldn't drink Protein Shakes till recently but i will say isopure was one of the worst. it is chalky and tastes too sweet. I found a post on here about Premier Protein shakes from costco and i like those but it took me from dec 3rd till mar before i could drink a protein shake without being nauseous or throwing up. Everyone is different. It sounds like your like i was so i would stay away from shakes if they make you sick for now.. as far as eating for me i couldn't eat more than 2 bites till feb 11th without throwing up. Everyone's stomach heals different.mine was worst case according to my DR. he stated 80% of people have some probs 10% have none and 10% have a lot that was me. I will say when you stomach heals and opens up as for me i was on a plane to NC when that happen and all of a sudden i couldn't stop eating i was so hungry i had to pace myself but i was eating a little constantly all day for 2 weeks.

Well before my surgery I had super dry scalp, I swear after the surgery, I have extra oil or something because the scalp problem I had all my life is fixing itself excited ,! As for food lol soul food ha never or two bites Easter I had a few shreds of ham and greens. It was good I dealt with it. It's a process. I hope everyone else is having good luck

Hello' date=' I'm new to the forum...

I've been doing research on lap band & then I decided that the sleeve is the better option for me... I know my insurance will not cover the procedure, so I'm exploring going to Mexico. I've already contacted Dr. Aceves (sp?) and got some information. I know I'll have to cut back and save money but I know it will be worth it. I can't continue to be unhealthy anymore..... To those of you that have been sleeved, Where did you have your procedure done? Any complications? How did your family & friends react? How are you dealing with the lifestyle changes???[/quote']

I was sleeved 2/28 . My insurance did cover it. I have lost 28 pounds No complications it's a major lifestyle change just being honest I was a healthy eater before with occasions side steps but it is traumatic. Especially with family. My family is soooooo supportive. But when someone brings ugh. You can do whatever you set your mind to just know it is major. I just made a pot of Soup have 5 bites done. I'm full so it's good. Just get use to chewing a lot u need time to eat. I hope your journey is amazing.

Hello Ladies' date='

Words can not express how I'm feeling right now. From the moment the ins. rep told me that I was approved for wls, my life started to change at that very moment. I am so blessed and grateful that "it's my turn now"! Faithfulness is a powerful force and I'm just so happy to share it with others!

Pre-op 2/24

Surgery schedule 3/1

1st day liquid diet 2/16

Thanx![/quote']

Congratulations that's awesome

Well, I took my first trip to Whole Foods today.....I bought a few things for when i go on regular foods in a couple of weeks. So while I was there, my kids were going around getting samples from all of the little sample people, and we come to one table where they had different chesses and preserves to taste together, an before i knew it i had tried the goat cheese and strawberry-basil preserve......OMG, it was DELICIOUS, then i realized what i had donedde30. So the good thing is that i am on day five of pureed foods and smooth cheese is included in that, but i really thought it would have that "slider" effect but nope new tummy was fine even with the preserves.....I will definately be more careful for the next few weeks though, until i'm cleared for regular diet. But I LOVE Whole Foods...these are some things i bought to try when I can.......

post-45267-13813664543039_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hello, I'm Yoli. My surgery is scheduled for April 10th and I'm glad I was able to read through this thread before surgery. Thanks!

Welcome Yoli.....

Well, I took my first trip to Whole Foods today.....I bought a few things for when i go on regular foods in a couple of weeks. So while I was there, my kids were going around getting samples from all of the little sample people, and we come to one table where they had different chesses and preserves to taste together, an before i knew it i had tried the goat cheese and strawberry-basil preserve......OMG, it was DELICIOUS, then i realized what i had donedde30. So the good thing is that i am on day five of pureed foods and smooth cheese is included in that, but i really thought it would have that "slider" effect but nope new tummy was fine even with the preserves.....I will definately be more careful for the next few weeks though, until i'm cleared for regular diet. But I LOVE Whole Foods...these are some things i bought to try when I can.......

post-216278-13813138759985_thumb.jpg

I love the little cheese slices from whole foods. after surgery i have been craving cheese so i go and try new things. So far i love the monteban which is a combo of cow, sheep, and goats milk.

I love the little cheese slices from whole foods. after surgery i have been craving cheese so i go and try new things. So far i love the monteban which is a combo of cow' date=' sheep, and goats milk.[/quote']

Thanks, i will definately try that when i can.....