Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

MsInzee - we will be praying for you and your speedy recovery...please keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

How are you feeling today. I pray everything went well & a speedy recovery!! :-)

neek41

Just wanted to check in with my fellow AA Sleeve Group to see if anyone is getting sleeved in November. I'm scheduled for 7:30 a.m. on November 9th in Hackensack, NJ.

**what are your thoughts on having braids (extensions) in before surgery? ? I do have thick strong hair but haaaate doing it. My brown is getting married and I love having my hair braided not having to do it. Just nervous about the hair loss...?? Any thoughts or opinions cuz I know as the Braids grow out they get a LiL heavy and pull on ur roots lol

Sent from my Samsung Admire using VST

I'm 3 weeks post op and had braids during my surgery. I've actually have had braids for the last 6 months (different sets of course) and extremely glad I don't have to deal with my hair during recovery and starting back exercising. I also had braids when I was in my best friend's wedding last month (I did make sure she was ok with it). I guess it depends on what type of braids you get and how long but I don't regret it at all.

Also the Hair loss typically comes from a Protein deficiency. And it usually manifests 3-4 months after the deficiency. So having braids won't increase or decrease hair loss but getting your protein in (60-80g) will make the difference.

When is your surgery?

How are you feeling today. I pray everything went well & a speedy recovery!! :-)

neek41

I am doing better today pain is not bad at all. The nausea is the worst thing I am dealing with right now and trying to get this breathing thing down. Other thank that I am great.

Can somebody add me to the vsg groups that are on Facebook !? Lol

Type in the search bar...VSG Vixen and Sassy Sleevers those are the two fb groups I know of~

I'm 3 weeks post op and had braids during my surgery. I've actually have had braids for the last 6 months (different sets of course) and extremely glad I don't have to deal with my hair during recovery and starting back exercising. I also had braids when I was in my best friend's wedding last month (I did make sure she was ok with it). I guess it depends on what type of braids you get and how long but I don't regret it at all.

Also the Hair loss typically comes from a Protein deficiency. And it usually manifests 3-4 months after the deficiency. So having braids won't increase or decrease hair loss but getting your Protein in (60-80g) will make the difference.

When is your surgery?

Hiiii thanks for your response! !! November 6th is surgery day. My birthday is November 5th and I planned in having my cousin do them around the 2nd. My brothers wedding is the 17th and he's OK with it LOL. I love how fresh I look when they r in LOL. I use kankelon hair it's only 2.00 a pack and lasts pretty good. I just HATE the itching from sweating at the gym. But yea I can't stand doing my hair and definitely will b getting my Braids :)

Sent from my Samsung Admire using VST

Great post guys very informative. My surgery is nov 19 :)

2013 is my year....SD 11/19 Methodist Hosp in NY

Thank you I am now official on the loser bench. I'm sleepy now will post again later

Hi Mslnzee, I'm glad to hear you are well...sooooo tell us details!!!!!

Just wanted to check in with my fellow AA Sleeve Group to see if anyone is getting sleeved in November. I'm scheduled for 7:30 a.m. on November 9th in Hackensack' date=' NJ.[/quote']

Hi Evvonrae-I'm scheduled on November 19 I Mexico...November Sleeve Sister...can't wait to be on the loser's bench with you! I'm sure all will go well! Keep us posted...

I'm feeling much better today so happy to be on the loser bench.

MsInzee - so pleased to hear that you're feeling much better! God is with you...you're going to have the time of your life on this journey! Congratulations!

Hi Mslnzee' date=' I'm glad to hear you are well...sooooo tell us details!!!!![/quote']

Well first day was the hardest with the nausea and vomiting got that under control second date was great walking around all over the place surgeon just left and I am packing now to go home. Can't drive for a week :-( but glad I have no pain and no Gas. TGBTG!!!

Hello Everyone.

I just had my 2nd Appointment yesterday in Hamilton, New Jersey with

Dr. Yelizaveta Lisa Dobruskin.

My surgery will be in January, 2013.

www.jerseybariatrics.com

I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully run a diary of happenings during this WLS Journey. I anderstand it will be a life time commitment.

My stats:

I am 40+, African American / Black,

4'11 and 225lbs. Mother of two and recently divorced.

I am not sure if stats are used in terms of comparisons of progress but I will try to remember that my progress is mine alone. I will be successful in this journey. I will try to stay positive. I will hopefully have no regrets and very little to no complications.

The Serenity Prayer is a good inserted here:

Lord grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change;

To change the things I can;

and the Wisdom to know the difference.

--Ah!men--

Woot- Hoot for the January 2013 starters!!!

[ATTACH]5693[/ATTACH]

post-59534-13838396407417_thumb.png

[ATTACH]5692[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5691[/ATTACH]

post-58694-13838396407831_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]5694[/ATTACH]

The pic of Regina Belle is a reminder to me that someone once said I "used" to look like her.....

The avatar is me in Second Life...

The other pictures are all of me, This life.

With Stuffed animal is 10yrs ago right after divorce..at 175lbs..and the other in August, 2012. +++50lbs later. When I got married I weighed 151 pounds.

post-42515-13813660519595_thumb.png

post-42515-13813660520086_thumb.jpg

post-42515-13813660520172_thumb.png

post-42515-13813660520648_thumb.png

Hi all.

I don't post on here as often as I used too but I am currently 16m out. sw 240 dos 233 currently 119. vsg 6/10/2011.

I make vids and I have no regrets.

Congratulations on your success!!

Hello Everyone.

I just had my 2nd Appointment yesterday in Hamilton' date=' New Jersey with

Dr. Yelizaveta Lisa Dobruskin.

My surgery will be in January, 2013.

www.jerseybariatrics.com

I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully run a diary of happenings during this WLS Journey. I anderstand it will be a life time commitment.

My stats:

I am 40+, African American / Black,

4'11 and 225lbs. Mother of two and recently divorced.

I am not sure if stats are used in terms of comparisons of progress but I will try to remember that my progress is mine alone. I will be successful in this journey. I will try to stay positive. I will hopefully have no regrets and very little to no complications.

The Serenity Prayer is a good inserted here:

Lord grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change;

To change the things I can;

and the Wisdom to know the difference.

--Ah!men--

Woot- Hoot for the January 2013 starters!!!

The pic of Regina Belle is a reminder to me that someone once said I "used" to look like her.....

The avatar is me in Second Life...

The other pictures are all of me, This life.

With Stuffed animal is 10yrs ago right after divorce..at 175lbs..and the other in August, 2012. +++50lbs later. When I got married I weighed 151 pounds.[/quote']

Welcome! You will love this forum! Lots of information is shared and we travel our journeys together! Lots of support! Congratulations!