Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

Three weeks is a long time. I'd hate to be out that long. I've heard of the food funerals but I'm just ready to cremate my fat clothes. I'm 5ft3 and 240 (whew.....I said that outloud). Aside from being healthy (getting rid of this dang PCOS' date=' and prediabetes), my goal weight is 130-140, I want to rid myself of the muffin top, and wear pretty bras.

My hair is natural and of course I'm worried about Hair loss. I've been natural for a couple of years now and I've just started taking Biotin and I'm thinking about throwing in some MSM. I mainly do protective styles for a week or two at a time.

I live in Raleigh but I work in Durham. Duke Raleigh isnt a Center of Excellence yet so I'm having my surgery at Durham Regional.

Any suggestions for low sodium broth and Protein Drinks. What did you have for your 3 wk liquid diet? [/quote']

I went back after 2 weeks but was wiped out. You'll be at goal in no time since you only have a little over 100 to lose. Girl, I started at 406 (I said THAT out loud). I didn't look like I weighed that much because I managed to maintain a shape with it. I'm 5'7" and my weight balanced well to be SO heavy. Ive told my husband and sister how much i weighed starting out and they were shocked! They thought i was around 330-340. Go figure.

I weigh everyday and this morning I was 319. My original goal weight was 180. I'd be thrilled to just lose another hundred. My sister weighs abt 215, is my height and wears a 12 or 14 bottom depending on the cut. I'd be completely content there. She has no stomach, all hips and thighs and we are shaped similarly. We'll see how it goes.

My last relaxer was March of 2010, so I'm completely natural too. I posted about my hair loss here. People don't notice it and the weight loss is phenomenal. I am straight wash and go right now. Not doing anything strenuous. I'm too lazy to do twist outs or anything right now. I had my last protective style last summer and have been wearing mine out for a year.

I had my surgery at Durham Regional. The rooms were a little small but everything was great! I stayed over 2 nights. The first day, you can't drink anything. My mouth was so dry! They allowed me to used mouth swabs. The next day they started with bottled Water and Protein Shakes. They had Ensure, Boost, Carnation Instant Breakfast. I didn't like any of them. My taste buds were so different right after surgery. EVERYTHING was super sweet. I found the Premier Protein shakes the most tolerable. I still drink one of these each day. I strained Progresso beef and chicken Soups during those first 3 weeks. That was about it.

I wanted to chew SO bad but never thought abt cheating. IDK how people eat crazy things right after surgery. In my pre op group, they told us abt one lady who put a pork chop in a blender to liquify it. Really?! I said to myself, that had to be one of us. LOL! I really enjoy the groups there. The Psychs are hilarious and I've seen people at various stages of WLS. I've been the only sleever at the ones I've attended so far.

Continue to let me know if I can help you.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

It's so great to hear about all of your journeys. I'm approaching sleeve hood soon, I hope. I have my psych eval and NUT assessment tomorrow. Not sure what to expect but hey gotta do it. I do have a question, my last weigh in for July, does it have to be 30 days from my weigh in in June? Or, as long as its within the month of July?

I'm done after this and will be ready to submit. Hopefully the process won't take long, especially since my bmi is 53 (wow).

I'm trying to lose 30 lbs to get under the 300 lb mark before surgery. But my doctor requires at least a 10lb loss before surgery. Did any of you guys do like a month long liquid diet before and lose a significant amount of weight? Did you workout while doing it? Gotta get under 300....

It's so great to hear about all of your journeys. I'm approaching sleeve hood soon' date=' I hope. I have my psych eval and NUT assessment tomorrow. Not sure what to expect but hey gotta do it. I do have a question, my last weigh in for July, does it have to be 30 days from my weigh in in June? Or, as long as its within the month of July?

I'm done after this and will be ready to submit. Hopefully the process won't take long, especially since my bmi is 53 (wow).

I'm trying to lose 30 lbs to get under the 300 lb mark before surgery. But my doctor requires at least a 10lb loss before surgery. Did any of you guys do like a month long liquid diet before and lose a significant amount of weight? Did you workout while doing it? Gotta get under 300....[/quote']

Don't worry you will hit your goal I started 1 week early to make sure my liver shrunk. If you stick with your pre op routine you can't fail. I only walked a bit & I lost 18 pounds during that time. Make double sure you get those Proteins in over all. I know you will make your goal. Good luck! & pray!!

neek41

I went back after 2 weeks but was wiped out. You'll be at goal in no time since you only have a little over 100 to lose. Girl, I started at 406 (I said THAT out loud). I didn't look like I weighed that much because I managed to maintain a shape with it. I'm 5'7" and my weight balanced well to be SO heavy. Ive told my husband and sister how much i weighed starting out and they were shocked! They thought i was around 330-340. Go figure.

I weigh everyday and this morning I was 319. My original goal weight was 180. I'd be thrilled to just lose another hundred. My sister weighs abt 215, is my height and wears a 12 or 14 bottom depending on the cut. I'd be completely content there. She has no stomach, all hips and thighs and we are shaped similarly. We'll see how it goes.

My last relaxer was March of 2010, so I'm completely natural too. I posted about my Hair loss here. People don't notice it and the weight loss is phenomenal. I am straight wash and go right now. Not doing anything strenuous. I'm too lazy to do twist outs or anything right now. I had my last protective style last summer and have been wearing mine out for a year.

I had my surgery at Durham Regional. The rooms were a little small but everything was great! I stayed over 2 nights. The first day, you can't drink anything. My mouth was so dry! They allowed me to used mouth swabs. The next day they started with bottled Water and Protein Shakes. They had Ensure, Boost, Carnation Instant Breakfast. I didn't like any of them. My taste buds were so different right after surgery. EVERYTHING was super sweet. I found the Premier Protein shakes the most tolerable. I still drink one of these each day. I strained Progresso beef and chicken Soups during those first 3 weeks. That was about it.

I wanted to chew SO bad but never thought abt cheating. IDK how people eat crazy things right after surgery. In my pre op group, they told us abt one lady who put a pork chop in a blender to liquify it. Really?! I said to myself, that had to be one of us. LOL! I really enjoy the groups there. The Psychs are hilarious and I've seen people at various stages of WLS. I've been the only sleever at the ones I've attended so far.

Continue to let me know if I can help you.

I've heard about taste changes. I also learned on this site that you can test the shakes out at GNC but I havent tried it yet. I'm hoping that my sweet tooth goes away. I dont want any of those temptations. But a "poke chop" tho......? I don't think its going to get that bad for me. But I know I will miss sushi....

I weigh myself everyday and I can't wait to see a change. Yesterday I took all of my clothes out of the closet that were too small and lets just say....I won't have to shop for clothes right away. I held on to those size 10's and 12's for awhile.

So you stayed in the hospital 2 days? The Dr. Yu's assistant told me one night. Hopefully I will find out more when I go for my pre-op appt. and group. Were you sore for a long time? I have a pretty high tolerance for pain (Cramps have trained me well). Did you notice any difference in your skin. My bff had lap-band and it seemed like her skin was lighter and glowing a few weeks after surgery. I guess it was the toxins from the processed foods and junk leaving her system.

I've heard about taste changes. I also learned on this site that you can test the shakes out at GNC but I havent tried it yet. I'm hoping that my sweet tooth goes away. I dont want any of those temptations. But a "poke chop" tho......? I don't think its going to get that bad for me. But I know I will miss sushi....

I weigh myself everyday and I can't wait to see a change. Yesterday I took all of my clothes out of the closet that were too small and lets just say....I won't have to shop for clothes right away. I held on to those size 10's and 12's for awhile.

So you stayed in the hospital 2 days? The Dr. Yu's assistant told me one night. Hopefully I will find out more when I go for my pre-op appt. and group. Were you sore for a long time? I have a pretty high tolerance for pain (Cramps have trained me well). Did you notice any difference in your skin. My bff had lap-band and it seemed like her skin was lighter and glowing a few weeks after surgery. I guess it was the toxins from the processed foods and junk leaving her system.

My taste buds changed right after for the first 6-8 weeks, but everything went back to normal there. I still have an aching sweet tooth but I keep it in moderation. Likely, the Protein Shakes you try and like now will taste completely different. Premier was my friend. And I never tried any crazy things like grinding pork chops. That's just silly. I actually didn't cheat on any of the stages. I did try alcohol earlier than 3 months.

Originally, it was to be one night. But I had a DVT (clot in my leg) back in 2009 and they were being cautious. I was perfectly fine with the extra night. You'll probably go home the next day. Remember to get up and walk while there. The pre op group had great info. Write down all of your questions for that nurse.

I was sore on my right side for awhile. It was like my muscles in my abdomen had been bruised or strained. I couldn't get comfortable at night and needed help getting in and out of bed. Hopefully, you won't experience that.

I didn't notice skin issues then, but I have loose skin now after 85 lost. I know that it will get worse with more loss. But I will pursue plastics if it bothers me too much.

My taste buds changed right after for the first 6-8 weeks' date=' but everything went back to normal there. I still have an aching sweet tooth but I keep it in moderation. Likely, the Protein Shakes you try and like now will taste completely different. Premier was my friend. And I never tried any crazy things like grinding pork chops. That's just silly. I actually didn't cheat on any of the stages. I did try alcohol earlier than 3 months.

Originally, it was to be one night. But I had a DVT (clot in my leg) back in 2009 and they were being cautious. I was perfectly fine with the extra night. You'll probably go home the next day. Remember to get up and walk while there. The pre op group had great info. Write down all of your questions for that nurse.

I was sore on my right side for awhile. It was like my muscles in my abdomen had been bruised or strained. I couldn't get comfortable at night and needed help getting in and out of bed. Hopefully, you won't experience that.

I didn't notice skin issues then, but I have loose skin now after 85 lost. I know that it will get worse with more loss. But I will pursue plastics if it bothers me too much.

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Do you workout a lot and lift weights. Im hoping i can to tone up. Btw... i just bought some Andrew Lessman hair skin and nail Vitamins. They have lots of Biotin.< /p>

Thanks so much for all of your help!!!! Maybe we'll see each other in group one day

Do you workout a lot and lift weights. Im hoping i can to tone up. Btw... i just bought some Andrew Lessman hair skin and nail Vitamins. They have lots of Biotin.< /p>

Thanks so much for all of your help!!!! Maybe we'll see each other in group one day

I haven't done any weight lifting yet. I was real good at going to the gym 3-4 days a week but I was just doing treadmill for an hour for the most part. I fell off recently though. I have to get back on my game REAL soon.

I look forward to hearing about your progress!

Girl' date=' yes. It started after I was 4 months out. I would run my fingers through my hair and several strands would come out. I had LOTS when I washed it. I was at the point where I dreaded washing it. I was freaking out and really going through at that time. It would come out when I combed it. My family and friends have told me they can't tell, but it's thinner to me. I am natural and wear my hair in a loose, curly fro. I think this has helped mask the loss. It would be more noticeable if I were wearing my hair straight. This loss has slowed down tremendously over the past month or so, thank God! I'm 6 months out now.

I believe if it's going to happen, it will. I've read lots of stories of people who always met Protein goals and loss tons on hair. I've read some from people who never met protein goals and had no Hair loss. For me, I was on liquids for 3 weeks post op. Then for several weeks after introducing solid food, I was barely getting in 500 calories per day. That lack of nourishment is traumatizing to the body.

Hopefully, you won't have any hair loss. I recommend not adding any stress to your hair. Since I'm natural, I just wash and go. I don't apply any heat and let my hair air dry. I keep it moisturized and co-wash it regularly. A sista is REAL cute with 85 lbs gone! LOL! Good luck to you!

Thanks girl! You have to post pics!!! Congrats on the weight loss!!!

Littlebits

Girl' date=' yes. It started after I was 4 months out. I would run my fingers through my hair and several strands would come out. I had LOTS when I washed it. I was at the point where I dreaded washing it. I was freaking out and really going through at that time. It would come out when I combed it. My family and friends have told me they can't tell, but it's thinner to me. I am natural and wear my hair in a loose, curly fro. I think this has helped mask the loss. It would be more noticeable if I were wearing my hair straight. This loss has slowed down tremendously over the past month or so, thank God! I'm 6 months out now.

I believe if it's going to happen, it will. I've read lots of stories of people who always met Protein goals and loss tons on hair. I've read some from people who never met protein goals and had no Hair loss. For me, I was on liquids for 3 weeks post op. Then for several weeks after introducing solid food, I was barely getting in 500 calories per day. That lack of nourishment is traumatizing to the body.

Hopefully, you won't have any hair loss. I recommend not adding any stress to your hair. Since I'm natural, I just wash and go. I don't apply any heat and let my hair air dry. I keep it moisturized and co-wash it regularly. A sista is REAL cute with 85 lbs gone! LOL! Good luck to you!

Thanks girl! You have to post pics!!! Congrats on the weight loss!!!

Littlebits

Hello Everyone! I will be sleeved on July 30th and can't wait I am so excited. I have been reading a lot on this site and found so much useful information but I am wondering about this preop diet. I'm on my third day and have only been drinking the Unjury shakes 4-5 times per day and drinking lots of Water. These shakes are ok but I'm wondering what everyone else did..

I'm on day 4 with Bariatrics Advantage shakes 4-5 a day and Water. Today is a rough day . Shakes to sweet. I've got to find a way . I've got to do it for 21 days

I'm on day 4 with Bariatrics Advantage shakes 4-5 a day and Water. Today is a rough day . Shakes to sweet. I've got to find a way . I've got to do it for 21 days

Sweeteelme, bless your heart 21 days....ugh.... I am one of the fortunate ones that could do real Protein along with shakes. I eat at least one meal a day that includes meat and I have lost pretty good. I am hoping that by surgery Tuesday, that I will have loss 20 lbs, I have loss 10 and can tell in my clothes. The day before surgery I can have Cereal or one egg and toast, followed by the rest of that day Clear Liquids. Good luck

Atl sleever here Piedmont Hospital I was sleeved on March 26th I have 105lbs and I am experiencing Hair loss. I have really soft and wavey hair and I notice every morning that my hair is thinning so to fix the problem I get my hair cut weekly. I love my hair yall and I hope it grows back soon lol.

Atl sleever here Piedmont Hospital I was sleeved on March 26th I have 105lbs and I am experiencing Hair loss. I have really soft and wavey hair and I notice every morning that my hair is thinning so to fix the problem I get my hair cut weekly. I love my hair yall and I hope it grows back soon lol.

That is awesome....congrats to you.....