Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

@kmagee' date=' happy to hear about your lost. My nut tells me that it takes time after surgery for your body to get back on track. It's been 3 weeks for me and I have lost another 6#s. It may have been more, but I am backed up...lol. I couldn't imagine taking benefiber at this stage. I have a hard enough time with the mushies.[/quote']

Oddly a cup of coffee will um get me moving!

Hi everyone!

Such a great thread, so much information. I'm still in the pre-approval stage, haven't even sent everything to insurance for approval. I'm ready for this journey to truly begin even though I'm nervous as well. I have SO much to lose and can't wait to meet the new me.

Is anyone in the chicagoland area? I'd love to get some buddies or mentors to get through this journey. :-)

Hi everyone new to this site, I'm AA 35 yrs old in Cali, doing my stages to get my approval for vsg. I originally was going to go with dr Cirangle but couldn't afford his fee so I decided to use my ppo insurance and go with Dr Feng of Palo alto medical foundation. I'm having my last nutrition session this week, as well as my echo and that would complete everything I need for insurance approval, so after next week will just be waiting for approval from insurance. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea along the way (completely took me by surprise) but on the cpap and feeling much better. I'm hoping to be sleeved by June my surgeon assured me blue cross ppo's approval is quick. Anywhoo s their anyone still in the preop phase would like a buddy/buddies to share my journey with. Thanks

Hi everyone new to this site' date=' I'm AA 35 yrs old in Cali, doing my stages to get my approval for vsg. I originally was going to go with dr Cirangle but couldn't afford his fee so I decided to use my ppo insurance and go with Dr Feng of Palo alto medical foundation. I'm having my last nutrition session this week, as well as my echo and that would complete everything I need for insurance approval, so after next week will just be waiting for approval from insurance. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea along the way (completely took me by surprise) but on the cpap and feeling much better. I'm hoping to be sleeved by June my surgeon assured me blue cross ppo's approval is quick. Anywhoo s their anyone still in the preop phase would like a buddy/buddies to share my journey with. Thanks[/quote']

Welcome & good luck!

Little bits

Hi everyone new to this site' date=' I'm AA 35 yrs old in Cali, doing my stages to get my approval for vsg. I originally was going to go with dr Cirangle but couldn't afford his fee so I decided to use my ppo insurance and go with Dr Feng of Palo alto medical foundation. I'm having my last nutrition session this week, as well as my echo and that would complete everything I need for insurance approval, so after next week will just be waiting for approval from insurance. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea along the way (completely took me by surprise) but on the cpap and feeling much better. I'm hoping to be sleeved by June my surgeon assured me blue cross ppo's approval is quick. Anywhoo s their anyone still in the preop phase would like a buddy/buddies to share my journey with. Thanks[/quote']

Hi vsg chichi,

I was originally goin to dr Garcia in Tijuanna for my vsg but I found out that my insurance may cover me. I have bcbs of Alabama cuz I work for the state. My bmi is 38.2 I think and they r saying I'm prehypertensive, possibly prediabetic, my ankles and knees swell a lot. So , I see my surgeon this fri. I have done the weightloss seminar. I hope bcbs doesn't take long once they submit my info. I think the nurse said that the surgeon is gonna order a sleep study. So we can go through this preapproval headache together. Hope all goes well.

Hi vsg chichi,

I was originally goin to dr Garcia in Tijuanna for my vsg but I found out that my insurance may cover me. I have bcbs of Alabama cuz I work for the state. My bmi is 38.2 I think and they r saying I'm prehypertensive, possibly prediabetic, my ankles and knees swell a lot. So , I see my surgeon this fri. I have done the weightloss seminar. I hope bcbs doesn't take long once they submit my info. I think the nurse said that the surgeon is gonna order a sleep study. So we can go through this preapproval headache together. Hope all goes well.

Hi dkna2

I have blue cross CA ppo and I heard they were pretty fast with approval (crossing fingers) definitely would like someone to share this process with because it's been challenging, through the whole preop process they found 1) borderline hypothyroidism 2) moderate sleep apnea 3) currently on a 2 weeks course of heavy duty antibiotics for h pylori. I'm hoping this is it! Best of luck with you.

Hello I'm so happy to find this thread. I'm hoping for surgery in the fall. From Louisiana . Will be self-pay. I'm just ready to fell better and have a life. I hope for any input. Researching , researching , researching.

Anyone having their surgery in July/August?

I'm pretty much done with my preop stuff so I'm anticipating June/july

Hello I'm so happy to find this thread. I'm hoping for surgery in the fall. From Louisiana . Will be self-pay. I'm just ready to fell better and have a life. I hope for any input. Researching , researching , researching.

I know how you feel...think if my insurance didn't cover I would scrounge up the money to self pay. Lots of surgeons out there that take self pay just have to research. Wish u the best of luck

Hello all!!! Hoping I can join this thread!!! Im a 33 year old mother of seven who cant keep up with the kiddies anymore. I feel like I'm far to young for that. My BMi is 39 and other than joint pain I dont have any other issues, which is why my insurance has denied me twice. I have kaiser and they say that I have to have to comorbidities. Well I feel like the one I have is enough.

So off to dr Garcia I go. My surgery is scheduled for 05/22/12 and I am so excited!!!!

Kisha

Anyone having their surgery in July/August?

That is theoretically when I'll have mine according to my nurse practitioner. I see my surgeon for a consult on May 3rd and that's when everything goes to bcbs for approval. I've heard that they typically give a decision quickly but my last nutrition class isn't until June 21st. (And I'll still have the pre-surgery class to do as well.). So I'm thinking late July to early August.

Do you already have a date?

Hello all!!! Hoping I can join this thread!!! Im a 33 year old mother of seven who cant keep up with the kiddies anymore. I feel like I'm far to young for that. My BMi is 39 and other than joint pain I dont have any other issues, which is why my insurance has denied me twice. I have kaiser and they say that I have to have to comorbidities. Well I feel like the one I have is enough.

So off to dr Garcia I go. My surgery is scheduled for 05/22/12 and I am so excited!!!!

Kisha

Hi kisha I had kaiser insurance and I was like you they want to comorbidities which I'm only Pre hypertensive so that didn't count, you have to have Uncontrolled hypertension so I didn't qualify. I had to switch to husbands plan blue cross.

All of you who are in PRE-approval, I wish you success! My insurance, Health Advantage Choice only has 3 requirements: psych eval, 5 yr weight history & 6 month dr supervised weight loss attempt. I was blessed, because they approved me SO fast it made my head spin! I sincerely pray that speed will come to you all during your process :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hi dkna2

I have blue cross CA ppo and I heard they were pretty fast with approval (crossing fingers) definitely would like someone to share this process with because it's been challenging' date=' through the whole preop process they found 1) borderline hypothyroidism 2) moderate sleep apnea 3) currently on a 2 weeks course of heavy duty antibiotics for h pylori. I'm hoping this is it! Best of luck with you.[/quote']

What were your req from bcbs ? Mine does not require 6 month diet only 1 or 2 comorbidities due to under 40 bmi. So I'm gonna call in am to find out my lab results due to I had a full panel done last week.