Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking to make the 20 somethings forum active

Hi i am Amber. I was sleeved 12/14/2011. I lost 12 pre & 10-12 post. (it keeps shifting) I started at 238, and am now hovering around 214-216. I read about someone being picked up like a sac of potatoes, and i think it would be nice for my husband to be able to lift me like that. :) I live in S.E. Michigan and i got surgery at the University of Michigan with dr. finks.

Im 23 and was sleeved on 11/8/11. im down 76 pounds and feeling better each day. Just wanted to say Hello to everyone.

Hi! I am 20, I know I just barely make it, and I am getting sleeved March 23rd with Dr. Garcia in TJ!

I can't wait, it feels so far away!

I'm 22, and I was sleeved on January 17th. I wasn't put on a pre-op diet, but i have lost 10lb since my operation. I'm feeling happy about the weight loss, but i'm missing the food

Hey there, I just turned 25 and can finally afford the surgery with Dr. Aceves in Mex. I'm still trying to figure out a date in March during my spring break. I'm excited and nervous.

Hi everyone!! Thought I would post my info here as well. My name is Liz,I am 24 yrs old. I started this journey in October 2011 at 268 lbs,lost 14 lbs before surgery. Was sleeved on January 25th 2012,and have lost 16 lbs since being sleeved! It's the best thing I've done for myself!

Im 25 and going thru all the doc stuff so I can be scheduled, as we speak im at the sleep study place lol ive been a big girl all my life, but me recently having my daughter in april of 2011 has really sent me over the edge, I lost none of my baby weight!! This is so sickening to say, im 5'9 and 399lbs!!... Fortunately im proportioned so I can carry weight well, I know I dont look 400lbs but u can def tell im well over 300..i never thought I would ever be this big, its so scary...i want to live for my baby. Im also nervous about the surgery, scared about not being able to really eat for the.first couple of months, saggy skin, loosing my breast and ive also heard about some ppl having Hair loss. Dont get me wrong, I like being big (not like I am now)..i love having curves...if I could get.down to 230 id be happy, a size 18 pants I think would look good, I def dont wanna be small, I wanna stay "big fine" as my man calls it lol..thats another thing, I dont kno how he will act when I do lose weight....i just pray im making the right.decision for myself...so glad I came across this app, I kno yall kno how I feel!

Im 25 and going thru all the doc stuff so I can be scheduled, as we speak im at the sleep study place lol ive been a big girl all my life, but me recently having my daughter in april of 2011 has really sent me over the edge, I lost none of my baby weight!! This is so sickening to say, im 5'9 and 399lbs!!... Fortunately im proportioned so I can carry weight well, I know I dont look 400lbs but u can def tell im well over 300..i never thought I would ever be this big, its so scary...i want to live for my baby. Im also nervous about the surgery, scared about not being able to really eat for the.first couple of months, saggy skin, loosing my breast and ive also heard about some ppl having hair loss. Dont get me wrong, I like being big (not like I am now)..i love having curves...if I could get.down to 230 id be happy, a size 18 pants I think would look good, I def dont wanna be small, I wanna stay "big fine" as my man calls it lol..thats another thing, I dont kno how he will act when I do lose weight....i just pray im making the right.decision for myself...so glad I came across this app, I kno yall kno how I feel!

I know how you feel girl! Just think about your health and the rest of your life. Carrying extra weight now while we're young may or may not do too much to our health,but carry it for 20 more years and it will likely do alot. One of the main reaosns I had the sleeve done was to give me a better chance at being here longer for my 4 children,and to set a great example of health and fitness for them,in hopes that they won't grow up and be overweight like I have been since the age of 10. I def think you're making the right decision,just hang in there,you'll be on the loser's bench in no time! =)) We're all here to support you.

I know how you feel girl! Just think about your health and the rest of your life. Carrying extra weight now while we're young may or may not do too much to our health' date='but carry it for 20 more years and it will likely do alot. One of the main reaosns I had the sleeve done was to give me a better chance at being here longer for my 4 children,and to set a great example of health and fitness for them,in hopes that they won't grow up and be overweight like I have been since the age of 10. I def think you're making the right decision,just hang in there,you'll be on the loser's bench in no time! =)) We're all here to support you.[/quote']

Thx for the support ;) ur right, I just need to think about my baby & being around for her.. It may be vain but I mentioned that I was reading about ppl losing their hair and boobs..its sad to say that just from reading that I was second guessing the surgery, I still do sometimes....i really need to step back and think whats really important in life, which most def is being there for my daughter...im just soooo nervous and scared, my brain races thinking of all the negative stuff... I kno ill b good tho, the waiting is whats getting to me

I know how you feel girl! Just think about your health and the rest of your life. Carrying extra weight now while we're young may or may not do too much to our health' date='but carry it for 20 more years and it will likely do alot. One of the main reaosns I had the sleeve done was to give me a better chance at being here longer for my 4 children,and to set a great example of health and fitness for them,in hopes that they won't grow up and be overweight like I have been since the age of 10. I def think you're making the right decision,just hang in there,you'll be on the loser's bench in no time! =)) We're all here to support you.[/quote']

Thx for the support ;) ur right, I just need to think about my baby & being around for her.. It may be vain but I mentioned that I was reading about ppl losing their hair and boobs..its sad to say that just from reading that I was second guessing the surgery, I still do sometimes....i really need to step back and think whats really important in life, which most def is being there for my daughter...im just soooo nervous and scared, my brain races thinking of all the negative stuff... I kno ill b good tho, the waiting is whats getting to me

hey everyone :) I'm Ellie and just turned 21. my surgery date is May 11th in Pittsburgh!!! I'm super excited and a little nervous at the same time. I have support from all the people I would like support from. Just beig able to read these posts now that I have been approve is just making me realize how life changing this surgery is. I'm ready to change into a more healthier and happier life style and just be able to live me life to the fullest :D if anyone else is getting surgery around my date add me so we can talk about our experience together as we go :)

hey everyone :) I'm Ellie and just turned 21. my surgery date is May 11th in Pittsburgh!!! I'm super excited and a little nervous at the same time. I have support from all the people I would like support from. Just beig able to read these posts now that I have been approve is just making me realize how life changing this surgery is. I'm ready to change into a more healthier and happier life style and just be able to live me life to the fullest :D if anyone else is getting surgery around my date add me so we can talk about our experience together as we go :)

Hi Ellie! I'm Emily and I'm 21 as well :) I already had my surgery, 7 months ago in september. I am very glad to hear that you have such a strong support network. I had that and it really helps sooo much :) My mom was incredible for me and I am soo happy I had her. It is life changing, but once you are at the point where I am and beyond, you don't notice it as much. It shifts into a new normal that is feels good.I never realised how much I was missing before :) If you have any questions or just want to chat let me know! You can always send me a private message. Good luck! May will be here before you know it!