Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Celebrate Multivitamin Capsules

Has anyone tried the Celebrate Multivitamin capsules? (not chewables)

Vitamin A, D and B1. sad.gif

Sooo...I'm going to switch back to Celebrate since they have higher levels of these in their formula. But this time I'm going to use the capsules. I've ordered them today.

I'll let you all know how it goes!

smile.gif

Has anyone tried the Celebrate Multivitamin capsules? (not chewables)

https://www.celebratevitamins.com/shop/multivitamin/multivitamin-capsules/multivitamin-capsule-30-day.html

I am 4 months out. I started with the Celebrate chewables but they started making me nauseous.

I switched over to OpriSource chewables.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/optisource-post-bariatric-surgery-formula-chewable-citrus-tablets/ID=prod403359-product

They're found in Walgreens and are for post bariatric patients. Even though you have to take 4 a day they actually taste really good so I didn't mind.

Well, I just got my blood work back and it said I was a little low on Vitamin A, D and B1. sad.gif

Sooo...I'm going to switch back to Celebrate since they have higher levels of these in their formula. But this time I'm going to use the capsules. I've ordered them today.

I'll let you all know how it goes!

smile.gif

I can't find the thread but I was asking for an easy to swallow multi and someone (thank you) suggested I try the Celebrate Capsules. The ones she suggested require that you take it 3 times a day so not sure if they are the same ones. If they go down well, I don't mind the 3 times a day.

I'd appreciate knowing what you think of them once you get them. I'm having a hard time finding one beyond one-a-day that doesn't make me sick. I can stand 1/2 of a Celebrate chewable so I'm doing that right now.

If you are good with the Walgreens one, maybe you could get the individual supplements for A, D, and B1. There's actually a monthly for D that should clear that issue up. I've taken 1 monthly since surgery and it went down okay.

I take a B multi occasionally (about twice a week). B's are Water soluble so you don't have to worry about too much. Not sure you can buy just A.

Oh, also, are the Wallgreens ones about the same size as the Celebrate chewables? Or are they smaller?

I got a sample of the capsules, and they went down fine. BUT, I also have zero issue swallowing pills. The only reason I have stayed on the chewable is because I tolerate them well, and they include Iron.

Just have your Iron monitored since those that you posted do not have iron included.

Vitamin D is a tricky one since there is a Vit D3 that will contribute to low D numbers and it often goes unchecked.

Vitalady.com (Michelle) has a kickas$ dry Vitamin D that has been proven time and time to work 4 times faster than any prescribed Vitamin D out there.

Hope those numbers get up soon for you. Deficiencies are no fun at all! ! !

My nut told me to take good old trusty Centrum when I was able to eat regular food. The chewable vitamins from BA were making me feel awful. It was weird because just all of the sudden they started when they didn't pre-op or 4 weeks post-op.

She advised that Centrum has everything you need including Iron. I buy the Walmart brand it is comparable to Centrum and ALOT cheaper. I have no trouble swallowing them and they DO NOT make me sick!

Kelly :)

Vitamin D is a tricky one since there is a Vit D3 that will contribute to low D numbers and it often goes unchecked.

Tiff,

Could you please elaborate? Celebrate Vitamins have 800 IU of Vitamin D in the form Cholecalciferol which is synthesized in the body as a result of sun exposure; so it's pretty much close to the real thing.

Tiff,

Could you please elaborate? Celebrate Vitamins have 800 IU of Vitamin D in the form Cholecalciferol which is synthesized in the body as a result of sun exposure; so it's pretty much close to the real thing.

I've just read a lot of stories on OH from vets that were taking a good quality Vit D orally, but when their surgeons checked their Vit D3, it was considerably low. I've never had any issues with any of my Vitamin levels, and have been able to keep them within normal ranges with Celebrate Vitamins as well. From what little I've read, and researched, Vitamin D3 often goes unchecked, but it contributes to low Vitamin D levels that can't be brought up to normal levels. There's also many forms of Vitamin D supplements. The ones that RNY and DS patients rely on to get their numbers up is the dry form of Vit D because of the malabsorption component of their surgery. OregonDaisy on here could probably explain it better because she's suffered with low D, and used the dry D to get her numbers up.

I am pre-op and my Vitamin D was low - they have me taking 2 dry vitamin D Bariatric Advantage brand a day - just retested last Monday and waiting for results. About half way through they told me I should be taking Calcium with them for absorption so I am anxious to see if my levels have went up.