Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was your weight lose @ 2 months out?

I am just curious on everyone's weight loss around the 2-3 month mark? At 2 months I lost 42 pounds. I am starting to slow down on losing the weight and wondering if this is normal.....

Starting BMI: 43

6 weeks: 35 pounds

9 weeks: 41 pounds

In between we had the holidays which affected the weight loss because I was kinda sloppy with my eating between 12/23 and 1/1 and basically lost a week.

I am very happy with this amount of weight loss.

I am just curious on everyone's weight loss around the 2-3 month mark? At 2 months I lost 42 pounds. I am starting to slow down on losing the weight and wondering if this is normal.....

I hope a lot of people respond to this question! If you do, can you please share either your starting bmi?

Thanks!

Dallas

I'm 11 weeks out now and my ticker reflects weight loss since surgery...including my BMI from start until now.

At 2 months I was probably about -34ish? -36? I don't have my weight sheet in front of me right this second.

Hey,

Interesting thread...

Starting weight 238...

wk 8 weight 209 loss of 29lb

wk 12 weight 203 loss of 35lb

wk 16 weight 196 loss of 42lb

as you can see a considerable slow down... which I assume is fairly normal!

I am now just 6mths out and have lost 48lb in total, slow but sure!!!

My BMI is on my ticker!

Hope this helps

I will be 2 months out on January 10th and I have lost 45lbs since my surgery and I have slowed down on my weight too the past two weeks. But I have been doing a lot of strengthening training to build muscle and muscle means lbs that could be offsetting my numbers.

I have doubled my Protein powder in my crystal light and my scale started to move again yesterday.

I am not discouraged, but very happy. I went from a size 28 to 18 in two months...I can't remember the last time I said I was a 18 :)

My BMI was 55.4

I am 7 weeks, 5 days out (one week away from the two month mark) and 35 pounds down since surgery (an additional 7 pounds were lost pre-surgery). So, I assume that at the two month mark, I'll be at about 40 pounds post-surgery. It seems like that is relatively average based on these posts.

Can you all remember to post the starting BMI? 40 pounds for someone who started with a 50 bmi is very different from a 35 bmi

My BMI was 38.4 the day of surgery

I hit 8 weeks tomorrow and it seems like I have stalled a little and will most likely weigh the same as last week at 200lbs which is a 38 lose!!!! (total of 45lbs counting the pre-op diet)

Current BMI is 32.4

I am glad for this thread because I am starting to get nervous that I will not be able to stop losing weight.... glad to hear people say that it slows down, but delighted!

Starting BMI: 36

One week out:: -17 pounds

Three weeks out: -21 pounds

Five weeks out: -28 pounds

Today took back some trousers I got to Christmas to exchange them downsized, from 18W to a straight Size 16. Happiest day of my life!

I have only lost this much weight twice before in my life (both times gaining back much more)... each time, to lose 28 pounds took me four or five MONTHS, not weeks.... amazing surgery.

My ticker is broken.... sorry.

Hi. My starting BMI was 38 I am 4 1/2 months out and I have been averaging 10 lbs a month

Offhand I don't remember the exact number, but my BMI was just barely under 40 the day of surgery. The first month I lost 15 lbs, and another 10 the second, for a total of 25 the first two months.

If you're comparing, you have to look at percentages, not number of pounds... someone starting at 250 and drops 50 lbs has a 20% loss, but someone starting at 400 and drops 80 lbs still has a 20% loss.

Ok, here goes (let's see if I can add correctly :lol:):

1st month - lost 38.6

2nd month - lost 10.6

3rd month - lost 13.8

4th month - lost 14

Grand total of 77 lbs so far

Note: I did have to edit because I didn't add correctly - sigh. :lol:

2nd Note: my BMI (both now and starting) is on my ticker below -- as is my starting and current weight.

I am at my 9 week mark. I have only lost 29 pounds. For 3 weeks straight, I lost nothing. I saw my doctor a few days ago, he said weight loss was slower with the sleeve than a full bypass, which didn't make me feel any better, I feel I'm behind. Hmmmm.