Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other gay sleevers out there?

Taxudown- I lived on Isopure Protein, Premier Protein, chicken broth, Popsicles ..... Because I got bored with regular chicken broth I started purchasing ramen noodles and drinking the broth only....I also would have Tomato Soup from time to time....hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions
Man thank you so much. I have been doing 2 premiere Proteins a day, but they're wayyyyy to sweet. Chicken broth is wayyyy to salty. Lol. I am making do with Water and Jello sugar free pudding. Went to Starbucks and got a peach green tea lemonade unsweetened. Best thing ever. I'm doing good with getting at least 64 ounces of Fluid, but the sweet Protein - yuck.

Have you tried unflavored protein? I use GENEPRO almost every day, it's 30 grams per tablespoon and has no flavor. I add a scoop in Decaf coffee, I also use it in SF pudding..I purchase mine on Amazon. One way to cut the sweetness on the premiere is by adding it to cold decaf coffee, with a few pumps of SF Torani Syrup. With the chicken broth, are you getting low sodium? Our taste buds change so drastically after surgery but I promise it gets easier everyday

I ordered and got the genpro. Tried it today - glad you suggested it. I put it in my Crystal lite raspberry lemonade. It's the best.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Taxudown- I lived on Isopure Protein, Premier Protein, chicken broth, Popsicles ..... Because I got bored with regular chicken broth I started purchasing ramen noodles and drinking the broth only....I also would have Tomato Soup from time to time....hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions
Man thank you so much. I have been doing 2 premiere Proteins a day, but they're wayyyyy to sweet. Chicken broth is wayyyy to salty. Lol. I am making do with Water and Jello sugar free pudding. Went to Starbucks and got a peach green tea lemonade unsweetened. Best thing ever. I'm doing good with getting at least 64 ounces of Fluid, but the sweet protein - yuck.

Have you tried unflavored protein? I use GENEPRO almost every day, it's 30 grams per tablespoon and has no flavor. I add a scoop in Decaf coffee, I also use it in SF pudding..I purchase mine on Amazon. One way to cut the sweetness on the premiere is by adding it to cold decaf coffee, with a few pumps of SF Torani Syrup. With the chicken broth, are you getting low sodium? Our taste buds change so drastically after surgery but I promise it gets easier everyday

I ordered and got the genpro. Tried it today - glad you suggested it. I put it in my Crystal lite raspberry lemonade. It's the best.

so glad that you got it and more than anything like it. That little container will become one of your best friends. One of my fave ways to use for sweet cravings is with sugar free banana cream pudding. I use the Genepro, pudding and fat free fair life milk (which has 13 g of protein per cup) and have a great protein filled snack or meal

Hi everyone,

I came across this post and thought I would say hello. I am a 40yo gay guy living in New Orleans with my partner of 7+ years. I have been on this weight loss journey since March, and, as of today, I have lost 88 pounds. My surgery is scheduled for September 28.

My story is in this post: http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/375695-thoughts-after-my-six-month-nutrition-program/

I wrote that last week when I made my first post. Since then, I had my clearance-for-surgery appointment with my PCP (all my labs were in the normal range!!), and she assured me that the surgery is the way to go to finish the job I have started, and that my pre-op weight loss won't affect my post-op weight loss. My surgery was approved and scheduled, and my short-term disability claim for work has been initiated. It has been a busy week!

Hearing about everyone else's experiences is making getting ready for my surgery and the second half of this weight loss journey a lot easier!

I hope to hear from some of you.

Blair

Look around u maybe surprise what you find.

Hi everyone,

I came across this post and thought I would say hello. I am a 40yo gay guy living in New Orleans with my partner of 7+ years. I have been on this weight loss journey since March, and, as of today, I have lost 88 pounds. My surgery is scheduled for September 28.

My story is in this post: http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/375695-thoughts-after-my-six-month-nutrition-program/

I wrote that last week when I made my first post. Since then, I had my clearance-for-surgery appointment with my PCP (all my labs were in the normal range!!), and she assured me that the surgery is the way to go to finish the job I have started, and that my pre-op weight loss won't affect my post-op weight loss. My surgery was approved and scheduled, and my short-term disability claim for work has been initiated. It has been a busy week!

Hearing about everyone else's experiences is making getting ready for my surgery and the second half of this weight loss journey a lot easier!

I hope to hear from some of you.

Blair

Hi Blizair and welcome, I had to speak as my wife is a native New Orleans resident and that's our second home major congrats on the 88 pound loss and upcoming surgery. You have done very well and will continue to do well on this journey. I had my surgery in February, so I am post-op so feel free to ask any questions via this board or messaging

Great work Blair... I look forward to hearing more about your journey.

No gay but really think I should be

No gay but really think I should be

Joke or real desire? Sexuality is on a spectrum you know and labels are your choice.

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

Realy desire. Has been for sometime now

I was told whenever it was comfortable probably a week or two

Yes, I agree, when you feel comfortable, but my first week post op diet was Clear Liquids (that rules our 'swallowing') and the second week was full liquids (swallowing would be okay - I suppose)... but I would certainly I would use the comfort as the rule!

Yes, I agree, when you feel comfortable, but my first week post op diet was clear liquids (that rules our 'swallowing') and the second week was full liquids (swallowing would be okay - I suppose)... but I would certainly I would use the comfort as the rule!

LMAO! My program had us on full liquids when we leave the hospital. Thankfully I can have fish starting tomorrow.

I had my surgery in Tijuana Mexico... So by the time I got home I just had 4 days of clear liquids... Just as another note on this subject... Just because you mouth is temporary 'out of commission' doesn't mean you partner can't take full advantage of 'other' things.

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

Realy desire. Has been for sometime now

Good! I struggled with labels over and over-until I realized I didn't have to be "gay/straight/bi". Life is better when you are honest with yourself (the easiest to lie to, right?)-not without struggle of course.. Good luck on ALL your journey's and I support you.