Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 8 and I've hit bottom......help!!

OK, I am 8 days post op and I have had a horrible day!! I am sooo sick of this liquid diet.............don't know how I can handle 6 more days! I was nauseous all night and have had difficulty sleeping since I came home from the hospital. This morning I had the expected "I can't believe I did this to my self" meltdown. I have been a blubbering idiot all day, and cry at the drop of a hat. Please fill me with the wisdom to get through this! My DH is being soooo wonderful, but heavens how much can he take! Thanks for listening to me vent.

Sweetie I HAVE BEEN THERE, DONE THAT :(...YOU WILL FEEL SO MUCH BETTER WITH TIME. I had the most terrible time the first 13 days, by day 14 I felt so much better, but still had my ups and downs. 4 months out I'm doing GREAT! And even with everything I went through, I would DO IT AGAIN! And one day you will be so thankful you did this...HUGS TO YOU :)

Janet I am sorry you having a bad day. I bet you are just plain exhausted and that is not helping your emotions. It will get better, did you try something warm? I found that comforting in the liquid phase. Are you on full liquids? If so I found sugar free chocolate pudding a delicacy! It was like having a sinful treat without the calories!

I promise you this will to shall pass. Especially when you start seeing the pounds come off, you will really LOVE your sleeve.

Now when you have a what did I do to myself moment I would suggest sitting down and making a list of all the things you look forward to doing/having when you are thinner.

Tape that list to the mirror and have a talk with yourself, You did this to get that! No pain, no loss of bad habits, excess weight, constant food thoughts.

YOU ARE IN CONTROL NOW!

Thanks to both of you! I know I will love the end result.........I keep telling myself. I'm not trying to lose weight, so I can be this perfect thin person again. I want to be able to play with my kids without feeling exhausted in 5 minutes, I want to sit in a seat on an airplane and buckle without tons of effort, I want to ride a bicycle with my kids, I want to be able to shop in regular stores!!! Anyway, I guess I just needed a reminder that it WILL GET BETTER, thanks again :)

I think we all go through a meltdown. I sure did for over a week, but after about 2 weeks I was somewhat normal again. It takes a bit for your body to adjust on what just happened. You'll do fine and get through this hurdle. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Thanks to both of you! I know I will love the end result.........I keep telling myself. I'm not trying to lose weight, so I can be this perfect thin person again. I want to be able to play with my kids without feeling exhausted in 5 minutes, I want to sit in a seat on an airplane and buckle without tons of effort, I want to ride a bicycle with my kids, I want to be able to shop in regular stores!!! Anyway, I guess I just needed a reminder that it WILL GET BETTER, thanks again :)

YOU DID THE RIGHT THING!!! AND YOU WILL RIDE THAT BIKE AND WILL LOVE SHOPPING :) It's just gonna take some time, like everything else in life. So rest, relax, and breathe, you're gonna be fine...hugs!

Just hang it there. It really does get better each day! I am 12 days post-op. If you can have Soups, one thing I did today was I bought the reduced fat alfredo sauce in a jar and I heated that up like a Soup. It is low in carbs and gave me something different to eat. It was so good. The diet really is the hard part! I hope you feel better and can sleep soon! Hugs.

What I love about this site is when you have a day like you're having today, you can count on people who understand to come to the rescue.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU! We have all had one or more of the days you speak of. The blessing is that the good days will far outweigh the bad very soon! You received some great advice. Be encouraged and will laugh about this day a few weeks from now!

:rolleyes:

Janet,

Hang in there! After about a week and a half or so, things level out. Emotions included. If you are nauseated, drink drink drink. I found that mindless busy work helped to get past frustration. As far as the liquid diet goes, Im write there with ya. I am 17 days out and still on liquids. Just keep your head up and take it day by day!

YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!!!

All of the posts have really helped lift my spirits. I now know what is causing the nausea. I apparently have contracted a stomach virus :( Spoke with my doc earlier, and as long as the diarrhea ends quickly all will be well. So, I'm taking Imodium and drinking Gatorade as ordered and crossing my fingers!! If it's not gone by morning, he's putting me in the hospital :( Not going to take a chance on the dehydration. Anyway, the other issues have improved with reading your uplifting, encouraging posts. Thanks so much for them.

I promise you, when you start to really see results and those reasons you had the surgery start to happen……days like today will be nothing more than a faint memory. Hang on, it'll be there before you know it!

This may be a stupid question, but how do I update my weight loss ticker? Do I just make a new one each time?

This may be a stupid question, but how do I update my weight loss ticker? Do I just make a new one each time?

If its like mine, you go back to your tickerfactory address thats above your ticker, put in your password and change your info and save. That should do it. You don't have to recopy your code or anything.

You know I went back to work about 8 days after my sleeve and I sat and cried all day. It was so stupid I was there, but I think I needed to get out of the house. I was so sad I could not eat, and I didn't feel well. I had 2 c sections and it was NOTHING like recovering from this surgery bc your stomach is so tender.

Just take it day by day and try to distract yourself, get fresh air and sunshine. My husband still remembers me crying. I think I was afraid I could never eat again and here I am 11 months out and I can eat anything, just limited.

You will lose the weight and you will feel better. I heard this can be sort of a hormone let down kinda thing. Had that after my first kid too, all in one night. I don't think it will last more than a day, honestly and then sporatic mini meltdowns.

I thought I made the biggest dumbest mistake of my life when I was at the point you are at right now. But it does get better and better and better.

If you have to go in the hospital, that will just help you even more, so don't stress, just rest. A lot of people tend to contract a virus like this after surgery. I guess immune system is down or whatever, who knows. I didn't had that but I still cried and cried for myself. Really felt sorry for me. I just sipped my chicken broth, ate my lil cottage cheese and Jello, and got through it. I choked down a Protein drink every day, that was the worst bc they aren't my favorite but I came to appreciate their ability to help me regain my strength.

The first 2 weeks are tough for many of us, but you are doing great!