Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Hi All - Glad to see you again Sea. Hope you can join us for dinner again. No matter where you go you're still a chica here. And, yes, I've been weighing myself WAY TOO Much lately. I know I should stop but I can't seem to help myself lately.

What does everyone think about Saturday Sep 16th at The Blue Nile in the City Market? Around 11:30am perhaps.

Last note. Haven't changed my ticker but low & behold the scale was down another pound today!!!! OMG that's 6 pounds since last Friday!!!

What does everyone think about Saturday Sep 16th at The Blue Nile in the City Market? Around 11:30am perhaps.

Last note. Haven't changed my ticker but low & behold the scale was down another pound today!!!! OMG that's 6 pounds since last Friday!!!

You GO GIRL!!! Good job! I'm jealous of course:eek: .....I'm good with that date....believe or not, I have NEVER been to the City Market in the 20 years I have lived here:kiss ...I would love an excuse just to go down there and look around. How about the rest of you girls??

I said I was especially fed up with Nola telling me about all the patients who were her close friends. I don't go to doctors to make new friends. I'm looking for strictly professional relationships. Doubt if anything will come of it.

Good for you Pat!! You have more guts than I do! I must have missed something though....have you had recent conversations with Nola where she has told you she is "close friends" with some of her patients? The last I remember you mentioning anything was that you had requested your records and had at that point already been waiting quite a while for return phone calls from the office. Friends with pts.....Weird....

I think it is interesting they wanted a full fledged explanation of why you were requesting your records....never had that happen to me before from anywhere else I have requested records. Again that is a PATIENT RIGHT to have access to their medical records, no questions asked.....

Also, who did you finally decide to switch to?

Blue Nile on the 16th is good for me. Saw Nola last time I was in the office. She came in while I was waiting for Hoehn in treatment room. Just wanted to say...etc. The friends comment is always made when she chairs support group. MOVING ON.

Pat-

I truly commend you for your courage to do what you think is best for you and your health, ESPECIALLY being self-pay....since that is, and always will be my big dilemma . Hang in there girl, and let us know how it goes with switching to another care provider, post-banding:)

IYB BEMITMITA Special Ethiopian Cottage cheese made with butter milk curds mixed with butter and mitimita.

Diane-I just HAD to post this:D ....went to try and find the web site on the Blue Nile Cafe and found this on the menu....I'm sitting here laughing sooooo hard.

Now I know why you like this place...it has cottage cheese!! Who knew!! Love ya girlie!!!;) :kiss2:

Angela - any update on your port-area problems? When are you back in town again? Do you have an appointment already scheduled?

Cynthia - how is your new band holding up? Any chance you are feeling any restriction?

I got back in town Friday, saw my doctor this morning. She's not completely sure what it is, but thinks it might be an allergic reaction. I don't have allergies in the traditional sense (grasses, animals...) but I'm allergic to some adhesives, and ended up being allergic to the leather on the $$$$ leather furniture I bought a few years ago. The remaining question is - what am I allergic to? Nothing special/different would have touched it on the outside, so process of elimination would say that I'm allergic to something inside, and the allergy is "manifesting" on the outside, but she didn't think that was the case... tho she couldn't say absolutely not. She gave me some pills & a cream, and we'll see how it does. Between when it first started happening, and this morning before I went in, it already looks a little better. What was reddish brown is now a weird light brown/gray/green. :welldoneclap:

Hey guys. I guess I've been on the new band high and not really posting much lately. Everything is going ok. I got my staples taken out last Friday and he even gave me a 1cc fill. I was totally shocked. I don't feel any different since the fill. It's all tubing to port anyway I guess. I am getting in my 60 gms Protein a day. Today I wasn't hungry at all when I got up so just had coffee and then Water until lunch. Still wasn't hungry but had a Protein Drink and more water. I'm getting ready to walk on my treadmill and even if I'm not hungry I am going to make myself eat something. I have found I'm not really hungry during the day I tend to get hungry at night. But all in all I am doing good and feeling happy. I found out my new band was donated by the company. I'm grateful for that or I would have ended up bandless. There was no way to make the first one work. I am so glad he worked so hard and fixed me up.

Angela I hope your allergic reaction clears up soon.

It sounds like all of you guys are doing good too. I'll try to be better about posting. I have been exercising and playing with Wes in the evening and not be very loyal to all of you. I apologize.

Glad to hear you had the surgery. Good to hear about the "free" band. They owed you.

Cynthia - Don't worry about us. You need to take care of yourself and enjoy this time with the band and with Wes. Just remember we are always here for you.

OK I finally got the guts to get back on the scale after this weekend. Managed to gain 2 pounds from my "binge" at the in-laws. I think I'm finally back on track as of yesterday though. Hopefully I won't keep those 2 pounds for long.