Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Curves?

Anyone out there been in the Curves fitness program & if so, is it good? Were you successful with toning up?

I started my membership Monday & will be going 3 days a week. Any suggestions or opinions about it, please chime in.

Thanks,

Rhonda

I was a Curves member a few years back when i was pregnant with my 6th(last one) child. I liked Curves its simple can be great for beginnners and can be okay for those who are getting back into exercising. It's good for toning dont think as good for cardio unless you are focus on it. I mentioned its simple so it easy to just go through the motions and gab a little too much. Thats just what i noticed when I was working out. Its nice not having to adjust weights. You just jump on the next machine and go. It great place to meet new people and old ones too. Work hard and enjoy.:D

I've been a Curves member for almost 7 years, and I do love it. First and foremost I have made some amazing friends at Curves that I get together with regularly outside of Curves and they are a great support system. I know in my heart it is because of these friendships that I have made that I have been able to stick with it for so long. I totally agree with Eloray, that it is mostly lacking in cardio. The cardio comes from the "jog pads" that are in between each station and it's hard to jog hard enough or fast enough during the 30 seconds that you are on each station to get a true cardio workout going.

But I like that the hydryolics allow you to work as hard or as little as you want. There are some Curves that have the Curves "Smart" system, which is a little tag you place in each machine and it's supossed to give you real-time feedback (i.e. - work harder, slow up, etc.) but I pretty much think that is worthless. I know I get into my target heart rate zone with each workout and I've worn a heart-rate monitor that takes in your height, weight, age, etc. and I've burned as many as 300 calories in one 30 minute workout. If you read stuff that says you burn 500 calories per workout, that is questionable to me, just my opinion.

Anyway, I love it and I do supplement my Curves workouts with my treadmill and occassionally a cardio class or swimming laps at my local rec center.

I had belong to Curves for one year and for myself I had no success. I went 3 times a week and did not lose any weight even while trying to diet. I am getting ready to join planet fitness here, they have $1 sign up and $10 a month which includes unlimited time with a trainer. Hours are better for me to get to them. Good Luck, it may work for you.

I had belong to Curves for one year and for myself I had no success. I went 3 times a week and did not lose any weight even while trying to diet. I am getting ready to join planet fitness here, they have $1 sign up and $10 a month which includes unlimited time with a trainer. Hours are better for me to get to them. Good Luck, it may work for you.

WOW... that is brilliant ... wish they had that here in the UK!!

I personally haven't been to Curves, but several of my friends go and LOVE it. I just can't afford it at the moment, as I have a free gym in work that I use!

Oh I don't think that doing Curves alone will shed weight. I know you said Curves + Diet, didn't work, although I think most people do find some success with dieting AND exercise.

Actually, for me personally, excercise alone does not =equal= weight loss. It's all about what I'm putting in my mouth and how my body treats what I put in my mouth. Hence why the sleeve is working for me. But for the sole fact that I've been able to stick with Curves for almost 7 years now is huge for me!

Good luck with that gym Klus...sounds like a GREAT deal!

Anyone out there been in the Curves fitness program & if so, is it good? Were you successful with toning up?

I started my membership Monday & will be going 3 days a week. Any suggestions or opinions about it, please chime in.

Thanks,

Rhonda

i have heard that doing exercise at Curves is less intense and i personally like more intense exercise, more on the note of kickboxing and weight lifting....but any form of exercise always helps, so try it, go for it....if you don't like it the first month, then try something new....best of luck.

What is the approx. amount Curves charges a month?

Dawn,

The Curves I go to charges $34.00 monthly! I can't really "afford" it, but I figure I'm saving that much money on groceries (since it doesn't take much to fill me up) per month! LOL

I absolutely LOVE it! The workout is great! You should check into it if you have one where you live.

Rhonda

:)

Thanks,

Rhonda

Hi, I was a curves member. . . the program is ok. . but it's very boring. . you just go around in a circle all the time. Machine, change, bounce around, change, machine, change. . .etc. . . I went faithfully for about 4 months and then stopped. . . after my membership came due, I quit and went to Golds. Good luck

I tried it but like others said, it lacks intensity and I feel you are much better of at 24 hour fitness, Snap Fitness and similar places that feature better weight machines and some cardio equipment like treadmills and elliptical trainers. Snap has the arc trainer which unlike some elliptical trainers kicks. your. ass.

I know a lot of women like the "women only" idea but at least at my Snap I never feel out of place or like I have to swim through a sea of testosterone. Snap offers affordable personal training.

I am not affiliated with Snap, I just like it as an affordable yet professional gym environment.