Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just wondering if any one that has had the sleeve regrets having it done!!! i hope to have lost my weight and be ready for surgery around first of feb!!!!

I think the majority of us here have felt fleeting moments of regret - but they are very fleeting! I have myself, to be perfectly honest but it was only a few times during the first month (which is the toughest time). It was really bad right out of the surgery room and while I was in the hospital yucking up my guts...

However, now that I'm almost 4 months out, I can tell you every second of that was WORTH IT!! I no longer regret my decision and follow through one bit. I'm positive this will be true for all!!!

I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!! It has already saved me from myself many a time, and I'm sure it will still many a more time! :o

Over time I am coming to appreciate that my doctor is good and my decision was good. I was scared and regretful afterward b/c I don't think I realized what I'd done. Scared bc I had a friend whose surgery went very wrong. I was self pay and rushed through the process. Not good. I was worried about long term health implications, anorexia, malnutrition, so many things, etc. But I'm fine 11 mos out and actually starting to have confidence this might be a good solution for those of us that can't seem to lose weight and/or keep it off without the use of a tool. I don't know of any better solution.

And if there was a better solution, I'm sure Oprah would have done it with all her monies. I know she is against weight loss surgery but I think for spiritual reasons. I personally think this was a physical problem at the point I was at. So to each their own.

It has to be in your own time, for your own reason. And the best thing is to have a good/great doctor and to follow the regiman not to rush things. You need to rest, so try not to plan a lot. Some days good, some days not so good at first. Now all days pretty good!!!

Great question bd73,

I think regret is too strong for me... Just after surgery, I dod wonder why the hell I just spent 8k on getting rid of half my guts? I am just 6mths out now and there have been moments of 'Oh God is this working... have I done the right thing?' etc... but they are fleeting...to be absolutely frank, without the sleeve I wouldn't have lost 4lb nevermind 47lb!

For me the options had all been done and this is literally my last chance to get healthy, fitter and SLIM!!

I was just sleeved on Dec 1st.....to be honest, I never had a single regret. Once I made the decision, it was plugging away while jumping through the insurance red tape (hoops) until I was approved. About a month before I finished, my husband realized that he could not do it the old fashion way of diet and exercising also and has started his approval process. I am already down a total of 35 lbs since I started with my first visit to the the seminar. I was one of the lucky ones and had no side effects or complications after surgery-it has been smooth sailing for me. I would shout it from the mountain top of what I did. Good luck.

I am very early out, but I can say that there is already a huge difference in how I feel. I don't feel controlled by food anymore. I always felt sluggish and lazy before and now I have engery. Of course, right after surgery there is pain and you get sick of the liquid only diet, but that is temporary. I will say that I am 100% happy I did it. I weighed 244 at my pre-op appointment ( before I started the liquid diet) on December 23 and I am already down 10 pounds. I love my sleeve!

I have no regrets. I had my surgery Dec 6th and the first month is dreadful but I got through it. I never would have lost the weight if it wasn't for the sleeve!

No regrets. whenever I get a little negative I open my drawer and look at my old diabetic meds. I was sleeved Dec. 20th and between liquid diet pre-op and post-op 2 weeks now have lost a total of about 32 lbs. I have lost 40 since I started seminar in an incredibly short period of time. Most importantly since post-op my diabetes is gone,complete remission that would have never happened without sleeve. i have more energy than i have had in years and i feel great. Sure, not every meal is perfect, there are still some challenges between head hunger and physical hunger, but I'll take those compared to what life was like with no restrictions. My quality of life has improved tenfold since getting sleeved.

Regrets? One is that I didn't do it a few years ago, I'd be at my desired weight now and not still suffering the effects of obesity on my health.

NEVER!!!!!! Not one single moment of 'buyers remorse!!! It is the single best decision I've made for myself in my life!!! (well, other than marrying my husband!!) I reached goal in just under five months. I'm now about 8 lbs under goal....it's been almost 7 months since I had surgery, I feel great, I had an easy time, this has been disgustingly easy. The most difficult part is maintaining, 'adding calories BACK into my diet so I can STOP losing weight. What a problem to have, huh??!! I hope this is is something I have to "deal" with forever! LOL I have not felt real HUNGER since the day I had surgery. I'm in the 'drivers seat' - I was not a compulsive eater, it was all about Portion Control - and the sleeve forces portion control. I made life syle changes that I knew I could live with months before surgery....luckily I didn't have any horribly bad habits, so the sleeve was the perfect choice for me!!! I am sure you'll be thrilled with it!!! Follow your surgeon's advice!!! Good luck!!!!

just wondering if any one that has had the sleeve regrets having it done!!! i hope to have lost my weight and be ready for surgery around first of feb!!!!

I've not had one moment of regret. If I don't lose another pound I will be disapointed but not regret my surgery or the 10k I spent out of pocket. My recovery was easy. I'm almost 3 months out and .2 lbs away from losing 50lbs. I feel much more in control over my eating. I only really struggle around the time of my period and it's having two peice of choclate struggle not a whole box of Cookies struggle.

i REALLY APPRECIATE every ones response every one of you know excatly what im going through with being both excited and nervous but i am just ready to do it and get it over with i have to loose 8 more pounds before i can have it done!! also i see mental doctor lol on the 17 of jan and im paying cash so maybe it want be much longer and when i say paying cash i am meaning i want have to wait on insurance approvals and no red tape please keep me in your prayers!!! thanks and may god bless you

I second EVERYONE'S "no regrets"!! I NEVER HAD ANY REGRETS! OH WAIT, JUST ONE, THAT I DIDNT DO IT EARLIER!!!