Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG what have I done

Ok so after months of research and KNOWING this was the best option for me I have done it. No turning back now. I thought I had prepaired myself for this moment when I said to myself "OMG what have I done to myself" but it seems im not. I feel so isolated. My family is great they are really leaving the house to eat so I don't watch or am exposed to it. It feels weird to even try to get down apple juice or broth but I know I need to. I juat have to know it gets better. Im doing all my walking and sipping, sipping, sipping. Maybe tomorrow I can start my protine but for now im feeling very wried. Now I did do somthing I know your not supposed to but I weighted. I have lost 5 lbs in 4 days but anyone on the amount of food I was on pre op and post op would and that is exciting to me. Also can anyone explain to me how to make one of those ticker things. Now that I have had the surgery I feel like I need one. Thanks everyone for listening to me wine.

what you are feeling is so normal. You are feeling lousy,you know have an entirely newrelationship with food. I think some "buyers remorse" right after surgurgy is more than common. Please take your pain meds. Walking is sooooo good. Rest rest rest. You are healing and IT gets way better.

Please take care-

KarenE

I was sleeved on Dec 7th and I went through this too. I can't remember what day...maybe day 6. But, there was a day that I just couldn't stop crying. The next day was better. I'm about 25 days out now, have lost 15 lbs and feeling fine emotionally. There were days when my brain wanted food but my body wasn't hungry. When this happens, I go read these boards to try to change my thoughts and it does pass. It will and does get better. It also gets better once you get to go on mushies. It will only take you a couple of bites to get full, but just being among those eating helps alot. I even went to a Mexican food restaurant this week, ordered Soup and did not have one chip with hot sauce. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. Hang in there. Come here for support. I've only been here a month, but this cyberworld is terrific and will give you so much!

Congratulations on having your sleeve! You can look at other people's tickers and usually the website is listed with the ticker. I use two different ones because they show different information. See mine below. One is from tickerfactory.com and the other came from myfitnesspal.com.

OMGosh! Been there and said the same thing...But I'm soooo glad I did it! And you will be too! It gets so much better with time, I promise :)...hugs to you!!!

I am sorry that you are struggling. I did not have any negative thoughts after this surgery. I knew that this tool was going to be the last tool I would need and I would finally be able to succeed in losing and keeping of weight. My health was going down the toilet-I was diabetic and they were increasing meds and I knew that eventually if I didn't do something I would be on shots. I have non-alcholic fatty liver disease, my family history has heart attacks, strokes, arithitis, knee replacments, high blood pressure.....I wanted to be able to go hiking with my husband-a new hobby we just recently started. My children will at some point have babies and I wanted to be a grandmother that could do things with and they would not be ashamed to see in public. I wanted to make sure I have a long and healthy life. The first few days and week are definately the hardest as we basically relearn how to eat and what to eat. Concentrate on your fluids first and then gradually start working on the Protein. I can get all my Protein in but I still struggle in drinking the recommendations every day. I still cook for my husband but as I am now working on reintroducing real foods, I cook much differently and he is liking what I am making. Hang in there! It will get better and keep reading here and posting, this place is great for encouragement.

My doctor's office also has monthly support group meetings-check to see if your doctor has them or if you can contact other patients in your area so you can talk with someone locally. Also some insurance plans have what they call EAP (Employer Assistance Programs-I think) which you can meet with a therapist for a certain number of visits for free to help you make the adjustment. I had a case manager who called me about a week after surgery to make sure I was doing okay.

Thanks everyone, I knew this was going to happen and be normal. I know all will get better in time.

I was sleeved on Dec 21st, and am still in the liquid phase. I was making dinner for my family, 2 days post-op with help. Being around food for the first week to week and a half was not a prob for me, wasnt interested. But oh my goodness now I would chew someones arm if they put it in front of me! lol. I would say to you that your family doesnt need to "go away to eat". that seems loneyly for you! Its a small phase that we have to go through... it will pass, then we will be on to soft foods. Everyday gets easier! Hoping tomorrow I get to try soft foods! Im starving! lol Chin up!! You can do it! It will be so worth it in the end!! I weighted myself today... down 15.2 lbs!

Hey there... Hang in there and call me if you need to talk. This is very normal and many of us went through the same thing. Love and hugs... Lisa