Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Weeks out~Down 30lbs!

First off....HAPPPPPY NEW YEARRRR to all!

As of today I am down 30lbs at 5 weeks out.

Right now I am getting in all of my Fluid and hitting my 60-80g of Protein no problem... Recovery has been seemingly uneventful.

Not once since surgery have I been physically hungry and the constant head hunger seems to be a thing of the past.. I know it may creep back in the future but for now I am amazed at how the constant nagging of "eat eat eat" is goneeee.(WoooHOOO)

I am working on having more solid foods and can definitely feel the restriction more then I could on mushies. ITS WONDERFUL! haha

Before surgery I though "There is no way I am going to be (mentally) satisfied with a 1/4-1/2 cup of food" but I have been completely physically and mentally satisfied with the small amount of food I am having...

I am still measuring everything so I haven't gotten to an uncomfortably full point yet, however I can see how it could very easily happen with one or two more bites. The great part is...I dont even want those one or two bites more!!

Pre-op I still had the fear of "What if I am the only one this doesn't work for...?!" but now I can not believe how great it feels to know that I CAN do this.

This year is going to be a year of change in sooo many ways and to be able to start it off in the 200's feels better then I can put in words.

Thank you all for Unknowingly helping my through this process and I look forward to seeing all of your successes this year as well.

2011 is gonna be a great year for us all. Congrats on the weight loss and good job on getting all of the fluids and Protein. I can get my protein but I still cannot get all of my fluids but I am still losing. I am loving how I am feeling. My husband called me a cheap date this morning as we went out for Breakfast and I order eggbeaters-1 egg and bacon and still could not finish the eggs. We are finally going to be sucessful in losing but also keeping off the weight. :D

Congratulations...I will join you in just 4 days and hope I am as sucessful. All the best is yet to come. Keep on keeping on!

Davida

Thank you guys for the Kind words! I just took my 1 Month post op pictures (well 1 month and 3 days but it is going to be way easier to remember to do it on the 1st).... And OMGGGGG I cant believe the difference! I thought I saw the loss in my face but seeing the Pre-op pics next to the ones I just took is extremely telling. Maybe Ill feel comfortable posting them in a few months... haha Not so much just yet... lol

Congrats on your loss! You are on your way now!

Hello there, I am writing you to ask a few question,if you have the time. I just had VSG on 1.3.11 its now 1.7.11, i am home now everything seems to be going ok i think. just last night i started having some lower stomach pains, i was thinking it was gas. i have been trying to force myself to burb, but i cant everytime.do you think that you can tell a few things about the frist weeks home after your surgery.. thank you for reading this look forward to hearing back from you..... Virginia :)

Right now I am getting in all of my Fluid and hitting my 60-80g of Protein no problem... Recovery has been seemingly uneventful.

Not once since surgery have I been physically hungry and the constant head hunger seems to be a thing of the past.. I know it may creep back in the future but for now I am amazed at how the constant nagging of "eat eat eat" is goneeee.(WoooHOOO)

I am working on having more solid foods and can definitely feel the restriction more then I could on mushies. ITS WONDERFUL! haha

Before surgery I though "There is no way I am going to be (mentally) satisfied with a 1/4-1/2 cup of food" but I have been completely physically and mentally satisfied with the small amount of food I am having...

I am still measuring everything so I haven't gotten to an uncomfortably full point yet, however I can see how it could very easily happen with one or two more bites. The great part is...I dont even want those one or two bites more!!

Pre-op I still had the fear of "What if I am the only one this doesn't work for...?!" but now I can not believe how great it feels to know that I CAN do this.

This year is going to be a year of change in sooo many ways and to be able to start it off in the 200's feels better then I can put in words.

Thank you all for Unknowingly helping my through this process and I look forward to seeing all of your successes this year as well.

Hey there Virginia!

Congrats on your sleeve.

I never experienced any gas pain in my stomach so I am not sure if trying to force a burp is a good idea or not...Maybe try the gas ex strips. I burped on occasion but never felt gas pain or pressure any where but under my shoulder blades.

As for my first weeks home... they truly were uneventful.

I had most of my energy back when I got home from the hospital 4 days post-op. I was told not to push it so I rested a lot but made sure to walk around as much as I possible could.

Apparently I heal extremely quickly so I had no problem with internal swelling and could easily drink all my liquid from the time we got home.

Even sleeping for me wasn't an issue as some describe. I slept on my side (carefully propped up sideways with pillows) the first night in my own bed.

It felt good to fall asleep with a heating pad against my stomach. My abdomen was sore but not unbearably, so the pad was just soothing.

About a week after we got home my energy level took a dive and I was napping through out the day. I attribute this to getting so few calories on my clear liquid stage. (200-300/ day)

That went on for a few days till I could move to full liquids and get more calories. My energy level was back up and I started going on longer walks (more like long strolls..haha) about 2 weeks out.

Since then things have kept improving. Still been taking it easy and following Dr's orders to not lift anything over 10#'s yet.

(I get scolded by my fiancee when I try to help bring groceries upstairs still...haha)

But other then that I am doing laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning all with no pain.

I hope that your recovery is speedy like mine was and that you are feeling better (and less gassy ;)) soon.

If you have any other specific questions feel free to ask. :D

How incredibly wonderful ! I'm proud of you. . .you are definately going to do very well. . . look how well you have already done! this is your year girl and by next year this time just think how good you will look! You can do this and it will work for you and you will look GREAT!!!! Keep up the fabulous work!

Congrats on your weight loss. I was sleeved on 11/29 and am also 5 weeks out, 6 weeks come Monday. I have lost 30 lbs also. Isn't it great? I too had an uneventful recovery and not had any problems. I have been functioning completely normally for the last couple of weeks. I can't even tell that I have had surgery other than when I look in the mirror and when I eat.

Congrats you are doing great!!

First of all, CONGRATS! Reading this was truly inspiring. I am almost at my 3 week post op and am struggling to get my Protein in during this "mushy" stage. Can I ask how you are getting so many grams of protein each day?? I can't seem to find soft foods that I can tolerate because everything just sounds plain gross! My Protein shakes are even getting extremely old. Help me please! You sound so successful!!

First of all, CONGRATS! Reading this was truly inspiring. I am almost at my 3 week post op and am struggling to get my Protein in during this "mushy" stage. Can I ask how you are getting so many grams of Protein each day?? I can't seem to find soft foods that I can tolerate because everything just sounds plain gross! My protein shakes are even getting extremely old. Help me please! You sound so successful!!

Aww Thank you so much for the kind words. So many others have been inspirations to me and hearing that I can do the same for people is wonderful.

I actually just made my 3rd YouTube video and talked about mushies quite a bit. I had left out so many things in my first 2 videos and figured Id go more into detail about all that I was eating.

I know EXACTLY what you mean about things sounding gross and trust me it will pass. I promise. Even though things sounded gross I had to just keep telling myself that I needed the nutrition and since it could be tolerated I had to eat.

THanks again for the kind words and I hope my videos help.

(Please leave any feedback or questions so I can answer them in my next video?)