Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleever's Rendezvous...?

I'm in Texas south of Fort Worth so kind of a long drive. I'm retired and not broke but not rich either. Love to meet and greet unless it is too far and I can't afford it.

yep, we can do it anywhere - just need feedback and ideas. Here in the Keys, we can fish, dive, snorkel, sail, kayak, get lobster, EAT lobster - lol - drink, plan a trip to Key West (party central and tons of great history). I can get hotel rooms reasonably cheap too as long as clean is the only real priority.... :rolleyes: I can put together all of the watersports activites easy peasy fwiw.

Austin is a good, central fun town too... If the majority are on the west coast, San Diego maybe?

Cool!

id love to come...but central would be good. im on the east coast

So why don't we all push for August?

ive never been to the keys, so that would be my vote. but the riverwalk in san antonio is awesome

a girls weekend sounds fun to me

Ok, it's executive decision time here. I'm going to make the call and set the dates for the weekend of May 8, 9 and 10. It's the only time I can do it until September. I know a bunch of you would like August but I just can't put it together here then; I'm too tied up with work. For you that would fly, you'll need to fly into Miami or Ft. Lauderdale and then either rent a car or take the Keys Shuttle to the area. For any of you that are familiar with the Keys (or those that want to Google) this will come together in a town called Islamorada, at mile marker 74. There are a variety of hotels in the area with the least expensive at about $60/night - but I have to double check as it changes seasonally - and up to $400+. Average is probably around $200. Get out your Google, folks! After I get some response from you guys as to who is or isn't coming, I can quickly put together an activity schedule (loose, of course) and we'll go from there. Remember activities can include all kinds of watersports, primarily; sailing, kayaking, diving, fishing, snorkeling and so on. Cheap, too, like my cost. There are also spas, yoga, bowling and ok shopping in the area. You'll definitely want to work in a day (at least!) to visit Key West.

If this just craters because of location and/or timing, I understand, but I'll have to turn it over to someone else to put together. I'm just not comfortable trying to coordinate something like this in an unfamiliar city.

One more thing; I don't think we should say girls only as there are some men sleevers out there that I would love to see join us. I know Gary_B is planning on it! Also, Alex? What about you buddy?? We could, however, have a Girls Night once we're here... heehee.

If you are comfortable bringing your kids, this is a very kid friendly area (Key West so-so) and I certainly have no problem with it. I can help to arrange care here; we have a bunch of great college aged kids that are more than enthusiastic for whatever comes up and the property is big with lots of room to roam. It's very safe here too. My son has been here since he was nine - he's 16 now and I feel blessed that I was able to bring him up in such a wonderful place.

I also need some meeting ideas; what should our focus be? I think most of us will be post sleeve - let me know your status so we can plan accordingly - so our meetings would be reflective of such. Maintenance might be a hot topic. Getting those last few pounds off might be a good one or how about not going too far under goal? Fun stuff like before and after and how our lives have changed... Ideas please!

So, let me know. My e-mail is richcoast at yahoo dot com if you want to contact me directly.

Woohoo! I hope this comes together!!!

C

Okay, if it is men and women my husband will want to come too. That doubles our expense, but oh well we'll save for it. But I don't think we will bring our kids, at least not our little guy. Our older son, he will be 13 then and he loves most of these type activities so we'll decide about him after everyone else has said what they are doing. But a weekend away from kids sounds better especially since we'll be returning to the area the next month.

Our interest is LOBSTER, fishing (he loves deep sea fishing if anyone else wants this), snorkeling, Key West, and sailing w/a captain (we don't know how to sail).

We love the ocean.

Oh can we PLEASE leave now?

I am considering going, but did anybody actually look at 2011 calendar?

May 8th is Mother's day, Sunday, 9-10 are Monday-Tuesday.

Now, while Sunday-Tuesday are my regular days off and it would make it easier for me to go on these days, most 'regular' folks don't.

I also have a concern leaving my Mom on M-Day, she doesn't have anybody else around.

Is there any possibilty to push this out to 15th-17th or 22nd-24th?

Is anyone concerned about the Sun - Tue days?

Mother's Day (And it being Sun - Tues)is going to be a killer for me as well. I totally understand booked schedules though.

Sorry.:huh: I hope you all have fun!

C -

Oh. I need a weekend. This is hard to do...if it is too much for you I understand. I'm realizing it could be a lot of work for you.

Ok guys my bad! I thought I was looking at May on my computer - obviously I was not!! DOH!! Sorry for any confusion - YeS I meant the weekend of May 6, 7 & 8th. Oops!

Let's do it!! First annual slivers rendezvous!! Woo!!

I vote for Vegas.

Oh bummer :(. That's right after Berkshire weekend here in Omaha, so my boss will be out of town, which means nobody else can take time off. Have fun ladies!

So far just us...but don't give up. Others will join in. My husband and I are excited to meet someone that knows their way around in Florida. He actually would like to take a deep sea fishing trip that is really fishing for the blue marlins. Do you know a real fishing trip we could do for a long day? Bc every time we go to the coast and go deep sea fishing it is very touristy and not really fishing for the big stuff like he wants.

And I am looking forward to lobster, especially if we can catch it which I heard people do in Florida but I don't know.

We're all for staying somewhere very reasonable, so if you decide on a place let me know and I will make reservations.

Join in people...it is a good chance to get a start on your summer tan. And I have a feeling that Floriday sun will shrink our skin!!!

I really want to visit the Keys, but I just can't do it on Mothers Day. My loss.

Would more people commit, if we did it in Sept? (the next availability for KeyPirate)

This is a great idea, I love the Keys

New Orleans is a great place

Houston, Atlanta, or maybe a smaller city

like Gulf Port area.

I am open for this