Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleever's Rendezvous...?

I'm in tennessee so flordia sounds good but seriously I'm sure a few of us could carpool or work something out for a couple days. I would have to go over the weekend as hubby just started a m-f job and has no days off. I'D LOVE to meet everyone!

oh and also there is a WLS meet and greet in Vegas in may i think the days are the 13,14,15, but all the info is on the weight loss surgery foundation of america web site.

Ok gang, well, it appears that Vegas and Texas are the top picks. I think Vegas would be easy enough to put together; reserve the hotels and agree on a meeting place and times for any round tables or meetings we might have. Personally, Vegas doesn't do much for me, I've never been a gambler and I'm not much of a drinker but I would definitely go if the timing is right just to meet you guys.

Texas is another story I think; the organization might be a little more complicated for someone who does not live there, like myself. Anyone wanna volunteer with a tentative itinerary or suggestions of things to do/places to stay, etc.?

I wish I could talk you guys into coming to the Keys; beautiful scenery, cheap-ish hotels, tons of activities and I have access to conference facilities. By way of my work, all of the activities I mentioned at the outset; fishing, snorkeling, diving, sailing and so on would be at cost (cheap!) if not free. Check out the website www.bsaseabase.org and ignore any pricing and whatnot.

Other catch for me is if we're going to do this in 'summer' I could only get away the second or third week of May due to school and work constraints. I work at a Scout camp so as you can imagine, I'm slammed during the summer. :cry_smile:

If we did do this in the Keys, you would need to fly into Miami or Lauderdale and then take a shuttle or rent a car to Islamorada. I can organize everything but the flights and am happy to do it.

Keep the feedback coming!

C

OMG I'd love to go to the keys! Those are all on my "To do once I'm not a fat ass anymore" list! I am going to Miami with a girlfriend in May/June so I won't be too terribly disapointed if we all decided on vegas instead but still SNORKELING! SAILING!

Vegas or Texas both still sound great! If it's Texas, SeaWorld sounds great!!

Or everybody could come to Omaha in June for the CWS and the biggest party of the year....just sayin' (I'm kidding, I'm kidding, nobody would INTENTIONALLY schedule a meetup in Omaha). I do love those baseball boys..specifically their tight pants. But does anybody have any feelings about the Ozarks/Okoboji? Before you start the "Middle of the country....BORING" thoughts, I will assure you both spots are actually alot of fun! It is in the middle of the country (making it closer for both coasts), and boating, barbeque, and bars (not to mention the kickin' Coach outlet) could be fun. But of everything mentioned, Florida gets this girls vote....I am for snorkel! Also, whenever everyone agrees on a locale let me know! I work for a hotel chain (we're not the Ritz, but our rooms are clean and spacious), so I'm sure I could negotiate a heck of a group discount! Ah, the perks of the tourism industry!

I'm just loads of random ideas this evening....probably because I've been stuck inside all day...we're getting our first "real" snow of the winter, and it shut my city down! But, if I need to put my corporate contacts to work to make this happen for everyone, let me know!

I would love a chance to meet everyone, but unfortunately I will be unable to travel as I am hoping I will be recovering from surgery and my surgeon said I will be unable to travel for up to 3 months postop. If I was going to come I would vote for the Keys as well. I have never been there and it sounds like a lot of fun things to do.

I live in San Antonio and am willing to check out accommodations here. Two drawbacks. We are not a hub city for airlines so not sure about availability of direct flights. second it is hot and humid in the summer. Not for the faint of heart. Of course everything is air conditioned and we have Sea World, the River Walk, ruins of Spanish missions, a couple of good art museums a children's natural history museum thst has some hands on exhibits etc. The alamo which was outside the village at the time but is now in the heart of downtown San Antonio. A trolley to get around downtown and horse drawn carriages for the tourist experience. And artisans.

Actually for museums fort worth would be great. It has a world class art museum and the prestigious Amon Carter museum of western art. DFW airport would have a lotvof direct flights too.

I am all for the Keys. I live in Washington state so it would be a long travel but I think the activities are just too perfect for the new healthy me. AND to have someone volunteer to arrange EVERYTHING it doesn't get any easier. All I have to do is get my ticket and pay. I'm in!

Well, the timing is an issue for me. Second or third week of May...ewwww that is tough. I live in Texas and would recommend South Padre Island, but it honestly sounds cheaper to go to Florida bc we have a travel planner there. But the May thing...hmmmm that is tough. When does scout camp end for the year? Bc I could do August. I could maybe do May but probably a 3 day Fri Sat Sun weekend.

Husband or no husbands....that is the question HAHAHAHAHA I would love to have a girls weekend. Like leave early Friday and come back Sunday evening. We'd get closer if we were just the girls, right? I have a 3 yo and a 12 yo and I don't know if I could afford to bring them anyway.

My husband would want to come, but I dunno...girls weekends are super cool.

Just got back from Vegas and I'll tell you....it was DAMN expensive. And the slots are NOT paying anywhere anymore. But we dropped a huge amount of money there, it is always the most expensive vacations we take. Bought a pair of jeans there for 128, found them here REGULAR price for $90.00. I just won't do Vegas, honestly.

I'm in Texas, but I don't know if any great deals. Galveston is gross, so if you want the ocean South Padre is somewhere I always go. But it is not cheap and the airport in Harlingon is super small. But I'm game for whatever in Texas. San Antonio can be fun, but it isn't the same as going to a coast where you can relax and talk and stuff.

I vote girl's weekend, Florida Keys, girls weekend (did I say that already), and if in May just a 2 nighter for me. I can't leave me kids for more than two nights without really stressing everyone out.

So why don't we all push for August?

Sounds good...I'll probably be free in the first week, but after I'm swamped.

Here's a thought, why not have the location different every year? We could be on the West Coast this Summer, East Coast next Summer and then Central the Summer after that? Why not San Francisco? Southwest flies there and has relatively cheap rates, as most SanFran rates are reasonable (except around holidays). I am not sure about this summer, it depends upon when/where it is. But if I am able to attend, I would be more than happy to teach a belly dance class or two. I could try to contact some local (to wherever we will be) dancers and see when/where shows are. If anyone is interested anyway. I'd also be willing to help out with arranging museum trips or something like that. And, someone said they liked the idea of a "girls only" thing...well, aren't there guys who have been sleeved?

If we do August, can we do it the first weekend? There are lots of teachers on this forum and we head back to work for teacher workdays in the beginning of August. I think there are lots of great ideas of where to meet. I am game for any of them!

Ok, call me a glutton for punishment but I've been thinking that maybe putting together a Sleever's Rendezvous of sorts might be fun! What do you guys think? Stupid idea? It would be open to any sleever at any stage. Where would we do it and when? (I'm in the Florida Keys and it's pretty cool here...) Activities? How many days long? Anyone wanna help coordinate? Love to hear your thoughts and ideas...

Happy 2011!