Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleever's Rendezvous...?

I'm in fun San Antonio TX. . . riverwalk, sea world, fiesta texas, towers of america,

I'm in Texas too!!! There is alot of stuff to do here but the summers are HOT.

I lived in texas when my ex was in the military and I cannot say I can think of much to do there ...but I am sure there has to be something lol

What about New Orleans? It is delightful place and they could use tourist dollars since they are still rebuilding.

I vote for summer. Lots of us have kids and it is just easier to find someone to watch them then. San Antonio does have lots of fun stuff to do and is pretty central or New Orleans would be fun, too!

I would love to get together with other sleevers too. I'm in Denver, CO, so of course Vegas isn't far, TX isn't far either. I'm up for whatever. I agree with summer being a good time to do this.

I like the Vegas idea ... cheap fares & lots to do!

I'm interested, but it'd depend on the time/place. Unfortunately, flying from Canada is expensive, so the prices would also play a role. I also vote for the summer (June/July) - I will have some free time during those 2 months, but I won't know when exactly until later in the spring.

Ok gang, well, it appears that Vegas and Texas are the top picks. I think Vegas would be easy enough to put together; reserve the hotels and agree on a meeting place and times for any round tables or meetings we might have. Personally, Vegas doesn't do much for me, I've never been a gambler and I'm not much of a drinker but I would definitely go if the timing is right just to meet you guys.

Texas is another story I think; the organization might be a little more complicated for someone who does not live there, like myself. Anyone wanna volunteer with a tentative itinerary or suggestions of things to do/places to stay, etc.?

I wish I could talk you guys into coming to the Keys; beautiful scenery, cheap-ish hotels, tons of activities and I have access to conference facilities. By way of my work, all of the activities I mentioned at the outset; fishing, snorkeling, diving, sailing and so on would be at cost (cheap!) if not free. Check out the website www.bsaseabase.org and ignore any pricing and whatnot.

Other catch for me is if we're going to do this in 'summer' I could only get away the second or third week of May due to school and work constraints. I work at a Scout camp so as you can imagine, I'm slammed during the summer. :cry_smile:

If we did do this in the Keys, you would need to fly into Miami or Lauderdale and then take a shuttle or rent a car to Islamorada. I can organize everything but the flights and am happy to do it.

Keep the feedback coming!

C

Ok gang, well, it appears that Vegas and Texas are the top picks. I think Vegas would be easy enough to put together; reserve the hotels and agree on a meeting place and times for any round tables or meetings we might have. Personally, Vegas doesn't do much for me, I've never been a gambler and I'm not much of a drinker but I would definitely go if the timing is right just to meet you guys.

Texas is another story I think; the organization might be a little more complicated for someone who does not live there, like myself. Anyone wanna volunteer with a tentative itinerary or suggestions of things to do/places to stay, etc.?

I wish I could talk you guys into coming to the Keys; beautiful scenery, cheap-ish hotels, tons of activities and I have access to conference facilities. By way of my work, all of the activities I mentioned at the outset; fishing, snorkeling, diving, sailing and so on would be at cost (cheap!) if not free. Check out the website www.bsaseabase.org and ignore any pricing and whatnot.

Other catch for me is if we're going to do this in 'summer' I could only get away the second or third week of May due to school and work constraints. I work at a Scout camp so as you can imagine, I'm slammed during the summer. :cry_smile:

If we did do this in the Keys, you would need to fly into Miami or Lauderdale and then take a shuttle or rent a car to Islamorada. I can organize everything but the flights and am happy to do it.

Keep the feedback coming!

C

I think anywhere we go it's gonna be FUN!!!! I personally like the Keys idea, but I am flexiable. Can we bring family or is it just for us sleevers? Holla!! :D

Deb B)

I think anywhere we go it's gonna be FUN!!!! I personally like the Keys idea, but I am flexiable. Can we bring family or is it just for us sleevers? Holla!! :D

Deb B)

I've always wanted to go to Florida! I sure hope we can bring our spouses cuz he's been through this whole ordeal with me & I wouldn't ever think of leaving him behind! This whole idea of gettting to meet everyone really excites me!

Rhonda

I can do Florida, Texas, or Vegas, but it would take a lot of planning, and it'd have to be perfect timing. I can drive to the Keys, flying to Vegas would be tricky only because I have the 12 yr old, my husband is a fuddy duddy so I'd prefer him not be there, but that's just because he's an old soul trapped in a 28yr old man's body.

I'll have to keep my eyes on this, and will make plans accordingly.

I would be interested in the Keys as well, except the bridges terrify me. scared.gif

But if I'm not driving then I can probably make it.

This summer is debatable for me, as my 30yr high school reunion is mid July and I'm not sure I can get out of not going.

I'd love the chance to meet everyone! Vegas is definitely closer and probably easier for planning, but I'm open. Maybe someone could put together a few possible itineraries and associated costs for each and then we can do a vote and go from there.

I think this sounds like a great idea, All of the locations sound great but if Vegas is chosen let me know if I can help with any of the planning as Vegas is where I live.