Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleever's Rendezvous...?

Ok, call me a glutton for punishment but I've been thinking that maybe putting together a Sleever's Rendezvous of sorts might be fun! What do you guys think? Stupid idea? It would be open to any sleever at any stage. Where would we do it and when? (I'm in the Florida Keys and it's pretty cool here...) Activities? How many days long? Anyone wanna help coordinate? Love to hear your thoughts and ideas...

Happy 2011!

Thats actually not a bad idea. I live way in Cali though... it can be done however! :)

Ok, call me a glutton for punishment but I've been thinking that maybe putting together a Sleever's Rendezvous of sorts might be fun! What do you guys think? Stupid idea? It would be open to any sleever at any stage. Where would we do it and when? (I'm in the Florida Keys and it's pretty cool here...) Activities? How many days long? Anyone wanna help coordinate? Love to hear your thoughts and ideas...

Happy 2011!

It is a great idea! But far from me too.

I would love to meet everyone! I am from Texas. Maybe we can find a central location.

yep, we can do it anywhere - just need feedback and ideas. Here in the Keys, we can fish, dive, snorkel, sail, kayak, get lobster, EAT lobster - lol - drink, plan a trip to Key West (party central and tons of great history). I can get hotel rooms reasonably cheap too as long as clean is the only real priority.... :rolleyes: I can put together all of the watersports activites easy peasy fwiw.

Austin is a good, central fun town too... If the majority are on the west coast, San Diego maybe?

Cool!

yep, we can do it anywhere - just need feedback and ideas. Here in the Keys, we can fish, dive, snorkel, sail, kayak, get lobster, EAT lobster - lol - drink, plan a trip to Key West (party central and tons of great history). I can get hotel rooms reasonably cheap too as long as clean is the only real priority.... :rolleyes: I can put together all of the watersports activites easy peasy fwiw.

Austin is a good, central fun town too... If the majority are on the west coast, San Diego maybe?

Cool!

I can fly anywhere, and wouldn't even mind helping you organize this. For me it is about timing. I am a full time college student and work...so the summer and holiday vacations work best for me :)

I'm with ya - college full time (nursing) and work. Summer works for me too but it is HOT here.

Again, you guys throw some dates at me and we'll see what the group thinks!

Cool!

C

I can fly anywhere, and wouldn't even mind helping you organize this. For me it is about timing. I am a full time college student and work...so the summer and holiday vacations work best for me :)

Yes I'm all for the summer as well :) Centrally located would be best I think... so not everyone will have to travel twice as far... if that makes sense. Texas sounds great :) Of course it gets hot in summer there too... Never been there though and have always wanted to go!!!

Keep me posted. The mister is more than likely going to be deployed next year sometime since we dodged it this year because of his job assignment. We live in the NW panhandle of Florida. We have the fun activities here on the gulf as well. But, my family is in Texas.

It's much easier for me to sneak away when he's deployed, and the kiddo is out of school.

I would love to come too -- although coming from the southern part of South America means I definitely would be traveling a lot -- if it's done during the summer (preferably earlier rather than later) I could tie it in to our return trip to the States -- that would be awesome :)

I would be interested. Maybe a 3 day weekend. As long as it is continental US, I don't mind traveling.

This sounds like a great idea! I would love to meet people who have helped me so much during this process. I am in CA, Sacramento actually. Summer is always a great time for a vacation!

There has been talk of this before and it seemed like people thought Vegas would be the answer. There are usually some good deals on airfare to Vegas.

I did a Caribbean cruise and the airfare to Florida was more expensive than the cruise.