Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

X marks the spot

It's now 7 days before surgery date (Dec 30th) and I am really starting to think about this life change that I am about to make. I went to my work Christmas party last night and all I kept thinking was this time next year, I won't feel this way. I had on a beautiful sleeveless dress with my back out but no one but me knew the dress looked that way because I had on a cover up to cover these fat arms I"m so ashamed of. I took pictures with my bff and although it was a nice all I could see was my fat arms. I can't wait until these fat arms and other fat areas aren't a hinderer to my dress code. I want to wear my sleeveless dresses and everyone to know its sleeveless and I feel comfortable with my sleeveless dresses. Next summer and the next Christmas party everyone will see the beauty that is hidden under the fat coverage. I am getting pretty excited about my sleeve date. I am having mixed feelings as I'm sure everyone does at this stage of the process. But I'm not turning back only moving forward. I am starting to prepare my home for my return from the hospital with the foods and drinks that maybe needed. I'm cleaning and spending time with my girls. I still haven't figure out how to tell them about this surgery , I have explained to them that I will be away for a few days and I will be removing my gallbladder. I told my oldest whom is 12 briefly about the surgery but still haven't went into details. I really think they will be to worried about me if I told them I am going in to get my stomach removed .

Has anyone had to tell their your children about this transition in their life and if so how did you do it?

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I move forward through my journey and I will keep everyone updated with my progress....

I have 3 girls (one is only a baby) I told my 12 and 10 year old in a very straight forward way, but pretended it was very simple, which technically it is according to my husband who's a surgeon. They didn't make that big a deal of it cause I didn't, 5 months later they love have an almost skinny mummy! I'll be praying for you, you'll love your sleeve :rolleyes:

I have 3 girls (one is only a baby) I told my 12 and 10 year old in a very straight forward way, but pretended it was very simple, which technically it is according to my husband who's a surgeon. They didn't make that big a deal of it cause I didn't, 5 months later they love have an almost skinny mummy! I'll be praying for you, you'll love your sleeve :rolleyes:

tks I have 3 girls as well 12,10 and 8. Im going to just tell them, I have been holding this information for months confused on how to tell them.. straight forwards sounds easy enough.

tks I have 3 girls as well 12,10 and 8. Im going to just tell them, I have been holding this information for months confused on how to tell them.. straight forwards sounds easy enough.

I have 5 kids ages 14,13,11,9 & 6 months . I am just being honest about the whole deal with them. I told them

I am going in Feb to get skinny surgery.I haven't given them details and they didn't ask . My kids seem excited they can't wait to see how I look

I have 5 kids ages 14,13,11,9 & 6 months . I am just being honest about the whole deal with them. I told them

I am going in Feb to get skinny surgery.I haven't given them details and they didn't ask . My kids seem excited they can't wait to see how I look

to cute tks I will talk to them after Christmas