Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you enjoying most?

I am really enjoying some things I have not enjoyed in years. I've lost 50 lbs since the start of my dieting a few months ago, most of which after I got the sleeve Dec 6th.

• Getting out of the van without having to put the seat all the way back - and not forcing my belly past the steering wheel.
  • Not getting winded putting on my socks!
  • Not brushing against the shower door when I am exiting the shower.
  • Not strangling my junk when I sit - my pant legs aren't tight any more.
  • Sitting with the dog, he actually lies on the recliners cushion rather than half on my leg.
  • The actual TASTE of food rather than the AFTER taste of what's left after I half chew it and swallow as much as possible.
  • Actually seeing Mr Peter without having to hunch forward and crane my neck.
  • Being able to tuck in my shirt and not have it come out and let my muffin top show
  • My boxer / briefs actually have length in the legs now! They go down my thigh rather than bunch up against my crotch and hips.
  • SAD FACT - being able to wipe properly
  • My skin is actually clearing up! Nasty little bumps along my forehead and crusty scales are gone on my back!

So what are your little pleasures that are coming back?

I am only 8 days out but I feel better, I am feeling light enjoying not having that "comatose" state after eating all of whatever I could. I am enjoying believe it or not intimacy better already....I am much more willing. My watch is already looser, my pants are not cutting at my waist, my husband is being extra affectionate and I am enjoying seeing the glimpses of what I used to eat like when I go to the mall or restaurant...the portions are in fact HUGE!!!! tongue.gif

The one thing that honestly makes me smile every day is when I stand in the bathroom, blowdrying my hair, and the light from the bathroom window shining in between that permanent triangle in between my thighs and girly bits. It's kind of cool, my thighs still touch at the top when wearing jeans, but it's just the little peak at the roundest part of my thighs, and it's only about an inch or 2. I have a huge gap in between my thighs and kneecaps now LOL.

Edit to add: And the fact that I can have sex in any position without my fat getting in the way.

I am really enjoying some things I have not enjoyed in years. I've lost 50 lbs since the start of my dieting a few months ago, most of which after I got the sleeve Dec 6th.

• Getting out of the van without having to put the seat all the way back - and not forcing my belly past the steering wheel.
  • Sitting with the dog, he actually lies on the recliners cushion rather than half on my leg.
  • The actual TASTE of food rather than the AFTER taste of what's left after I half chew it and swallow as much as possible.
  • Being able to tuck in my shirt and not have it come out and let my muffin top show
  • My boxer / briefs actually have length in the legs now! They go down my thigh rather than bunch up against my crotch and hips.
  • My skin is actually clearing up! Nasty little bumps along my forehead and crusty scales are gone on my back!

i totally love your pleasures! The one about strangling your junk is really funny! I can totally relate with the wiping properly had that problem myself back then. . . here are my pleasures

wear my wedding and engagement rings

walking up the stairs without realizing it

sitting in a small 17 inch plane seat, being able to buckle up with 8 inches left over AND be able to put that tray thingy down with space underneath!

go through only 1 of the french doors of my bathroom instead of having to open both sides

wearing size L instead of 4XL

getting compliments from those who haven't seen me in a while.

fitting into my daughters clothes which don't fit her anymore

I'm only a few months out, but the 58 pounds I've lost has turned me into a more youthful person. Certainly, I have way more energy than before. The sex is a lot better, that's for sure. I worked out during my heaviest period, which means I would get on the treadmill, walk fast for fourty-five minutes and sweat like a pig. Now, I can half-walk half-jog for the same period, sweat a little bit, and feel terrific afterwards. I can't wait until I drop another 50 pounds!

After almost 72 pounds this is what I like so far:

• with you on the wiping (sad fact)
  • walking/running stairs is NOT an issue (just walking was before)
  • running on the treadmill (just walking a mile was huge before)
  • getting in and out of cramped parking -- my hubby used to have to pull the car out for me to get in, now he doesn't!
  • not worrying whether a friend's car's seatbelt would fit me
  • shopping with my daughter in "normal" stores
  • figuring out what my taste in clothes is
  • not feeling like I stick out
  • tying my shoes without asking for help
  • putting my foot on my leg to get my shoes on
  • bending over without losing my breath

that's a small fraction of the things I'm so happy about -- I bet I could go on and on . . . :D

Being thinner.

running/biking/exersize is my faverate thing defanatly a transfer of addiction.

not being embarrassed at MacDonald's.

First week without a CPAP in 5 years.

not hating my reflection, getting complements, having self confidence.

I am actually enjoying many of the same things as everyone else. I guess the most apparent to me was that I have a head and neck and chest and stomach and hips and "my friend" and legs etc.. It has always been my head and belly.

I enjoy:

> Wearing a 38 pants instead of a 44!

> Wearing a XXL instead of a XXXL

> Being able to suck in my gut when I walk by someone LOL

> SEX!

> Being able to move better

> Walking and not getting tired

> The stares I get from the ladies

> and On and On and On.....

wedding band... :)

way too big now-

I just got a tattoo instead.

some people I know, don't recognize me when I walk by.

riding my bike, finishing the ride and still being able to walk etc. so far 25 miles is my longest post-op

wearing old clothes that didn't fit before.

I adore going shopping. I used to go and decide on what looked the least awful out of the tent shaped puffy painted gued crap they sell for plus sizes. I couldn't get an outfit for less than 100 bucks. Today I hit Jc Penny, Marshalls, and an second hand store. Left with 3 items for 40 bucks and I could have spent another 500 without blinking an eye. I look damn good in all of it too :)

I love taking a bath and not touching the sides, the Water comign all the way over me.

I love driving and putting my left leg up in the seat with me

Crossing my legs

Getting hit on by guys who wouldn't even look my way before.

Eating small, girlie meals

borrowing clothes from my skinny mom!

Knowing I'll be alive to see my grandchildren grow up (barring an accident)

Walking without as much pain

Bending at the waist

Buying clothes because i have lost weight and not gained it...

And yes SEX! in your forties is better than when I was a teenager...:D:rolleyes::P

feeling strong again, being able to work like your going to accomplish something instead of feeling like you'll never get done..:D