Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In 2011 I want to be able to.....

Ok So I know its not even xmas yet never mind the New Year but Im having gsp surgery on Monday and need some encouragement...So Im going to write things I want to be able to do by the end of 2011..Please feel free to respond..

I want to be able to shred my Lane Bryant Card and shop at a regular store...not be labeled husky, plus...etc

I want to be in more pictures and be happy with what I look like..

I want to run a 5k again...

In 2011 I want to be able to cross my legs without effort! I want to be able to shop in any store, and everything fits! I want to feel healthy!

In 2011 I want to stop wondering if this surgery is going to work for me!

I agree on the Lane Bryant cc!

I want to buy boots.

In 2011 I want less back pain.

I also want to cross my legs without effort.

I want to fit in the roller coaster rides like I used too.

I don't want to have back pain anymore.

I want to wear heels!

I want to go dancing with my girlfriends without sweating.

Hope your surgery went fantastic! Mine is on the 29th!

Great topic!

For 2011 first I'd like to have my band fixed or removed and

plication done!

Then I'd like to make exercise a priority again.

I'd like to take a bath and not feel squished in the tub.

Crossing my legs with ease and bending down to be on the

floor with my 2 little ones are also on the top of my list.

I'd like to get back into my size 14s then 12s then 10s that

are sitting in boxes.

I'd like to feel comfortable in my own body again.

YOU WILL DO IT!

I want to fit into my wedding dress :) AND be able maintain that weight for LIFE!!!

It's funny you ask this. This week, I posted a blog on this site of the Top 10 things I am looking forward to as the Fat Fades. Here it is:

TOP 10 LIST

10. Flying on a plane without a seatbelt extension or being horribly uncomfortable!

9. Buying matching bras and panties. It is really hard to find good supportive bras in my size that are pretty and have panties to match.

8. People to stop saying ”You are sooo pretty” with an unspoken “but” at the end. They really want to say: “You are so pretty, BUT if you would lose some weight you would be much prettier!”

7. Going to the doctor and not having to hear how if I don’t lose weight I will basically contract every disease known to man!

6. Buying a LBD (Little Black Dress). I have plenty of black dresses, but none of them are little.

5. Rock a short hair cut! I know people say hair adds pounds, but for me it is security. Once I am smaller, I would love to sport a jazzy short-do!

4. RUNNING! I don’t want to jog, walk briskly, or trot. I want to run! Feel the wind in my hair, sweat pouring down … RUN.

3. Shopping in the regular store! I honestly don’t mind plus-size fashion, but I just want to HAVE to shop in the Big Girl store.

2. LONG LIFE – I am only 36. I want to live to see my kids get married, my grandkids, and even my great-grandkids. If I die, I don’t want fat to be the foe.

1. Taking a family photo. This is a very emotional #1. My sons are 5 and 6. THEY take a lot of pictures, but WE have never taken a family photo because I refused to take one fat!. Every year, I vow to lose weight and of course it never happened, so my family has never taken pictures. I cannot wait for this day!

My Surgery is tentatively scheduled for March of this year. In 2011 I'd like to start seeing a change in my body shape that makes me look less like a tick (big body....tiny head).

Great thread...

This year I want to be a size 12 (UK) ... I want to buy a pair of Bench jeans, in that size 12, to wear to the Take That concert... but inparticular for my Robbie Williams... that with a matching Coops l's Robbie tee shirt!!! *sighs*

Oh I have until June 16th to get this sorted 'cos that is the magic day!!

1.) getting on wii fit and not hearing "your obese"

2.) going on a date and no having to worry if I am eating too much

3.) I want to learn how to rock wall climb

4.) not being to big friend

5.) buying clothes any where

And my final hope is to just love myself and be happy in my own skin! I want to hear "I never would have guessed you use to be big" I want to be called small when someone is explaining what I look like.