Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Month Multidisciplinary???

Has anyone done this? What does 'supervised by exercise therapist or other qualified professional' mean? My nutritionist is writing my activity in my chart. Does that qualify or do I need to hire a trainer?

I am so frustrated to find out I have to do this. I was basing my information of not needing this step on lies. The people that 'didn't have to' had PCP's that lied on thier notes and said that they did. I am so mad right now!

I had Aetna also, and I only went to my Dr's nutritionist and she kept track of my exercise/diet and weight for 3 months. That was all. My paperwork was sent in on a Friday afternoon and I had an approval by the next Monday. Good luck.

Av

Hi Movetolose, I'm so sorry to hear that they lied to you. I too have Aetna and found that they are very strict on their policy and wants it followed to a T in order to be approved. In case you don't have it, go to this link:

http://www.aetna.com/cpb/medical/data/100_199/0157.html

It goes over everything Aetna needs. I just finished the 90 day preparatory regimen, and before I started I too was confused on who to go to, but on my first visit with my gastric doctor their insurance coordinator gave me a list of nutritionists I could go see who are doctor supervised and would go towards my 90 days. Also something that I was told is that make sure your last nutritionist visit is 90 days from your first one, if it is under 90 days I was told Aetna won't approve, kinda silly if you ask me.

I hope this helps! and good luck!!!

Hi Movetolose, I'm so sorry to hear that they lied to you. I too have Aetna and found that they are very strict on their policy and wants it followed to a T in order to be approved. In case you don't have it, go to this link:

http://www.aetna.com...0_199/0157.html

It goes over everything Aetna needs. I just finished the 90 day preparatory regimen, and before I started I too was confused on who to go to, but on my first visit with my gastric doctor their insurance coordinator gave me a list of nutritionists I could go see who are doctor supervised and would go towards my 90 days. Also something that I was told is that make sure your last nutritionist visit is 90 days from your first one, if it is under 90 days I was told Aetna won't approve, kinda silly if you ask me.

I hope this helps! and good luck!!!

Thanks for the reply! The person didn't lie to me, she up until yesterday was unaware that her PCP lied for her. Still disappointing tho!

Grrrr I hate that Aetna won't talk to me about this they just direct me to the bulletin! My Dr's office said that I had to have one appt for 3 months. If not then I will just have to go once more in Feb but I guess I will figure that out in Jan once I have my 3rd Nut Appt. I don't know if they are Dr supervised but I will be going to my Physician as well......trying to cover all bases.

What did you do for the exercise therapist? That is the only piece that confuses me......

Hi, I also have aetna and will finish up the 3 month supervision this friday.

i went to see exercise physiologists, the nutritionist and my pcp..they all qualify as professionals.

good luck to you

I to have Aetna, and I was told by one surgeon that I needed to do a 3 month supervised diet with my pcp, as well as a pych eval, and a meeting with a dietician nothing about all 3 during the 3 months. I did all 3 months the way I was told, and at the last month switched to a more recommended doctor and was told they did not give me the correct info. During the 3 months you are suppose to be supervised by your pcp as well as a dietician and an exercise therapist. Sometimes the Dietician can do both the meetings and the exercise therapist part. Thankfully I had 4 months under my belt and was able to finish out the last 2 months with my pcp for the 6 consecutive months of supervised dieting.. If not I would have had to start all over with the 3 months or continue for 3 more months with my pcp.. The first surgeon that told me the 3 months I have since found out lies in there charts so that it appears you have met all requirements for approval. So sorry you have been told this now and not then. It frustrated me to but I finished out the 2 last months and my surgery is next Tuesday! Stay strong and if you ever have any questions call your insurance company and see what they require yourself..