Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stomach growling??

I don't know if this is normal or not or just maybe in my head. I constantly have to remind myself to eat and if I don't I get massive headaches. But after I eat give or take about an hour my stomach growls, like I'm hungery. Why is that?? I thought we no longer have hunger "attacks". Could it be my food digesting? Seriously after I eat about 2 oz's I'm extremely full and theres no way I could be hungery again.

My sleeve gurgles a lot. Particularly the first time I drink after a meal. I know that it is not hunger pains, so I just chalk it up to one of the anomolies of the sleeve and the liquid gurgling through whatever food is left in my stomach. My sleeve is so "chatty" sometimes, that I finally had to give her a name. Suzy definitely has a personality all her own!

Haa Haa, thats mine too. I'll be right next to my hubby and its gurgling, talking, making noises or whatever its doing. Let me tell you sumtimes it does get a bit loud and then the hubby thinks Im gonna burp or whatever, I'm like umm no honey its just my tummy saying it's completely happy now. ;) So I guess it is the sleeve just processing stuff and what not.

Hello Leslie - first of all congratulations on your incredible weight loss!

LOL - No name for my stomach yet but I find myself talking to friends about my stomach was a seperate entity from me.

We are similar in a couple of ways: stomach talks to me all the time, but I do not always pay attention :)

I have to constantly be on guard to be vigilant about eating or I just forget

liquids I can consume more than 2 oz, but solids about the same as you

Try to remember that you are just a little more than a month out so still healing, things should get better with more volume. Keep a notepad so you can ask your NUT next appointment. Again, congratulations!

Mimi is mine sleeve and she talks to us A LOT! LOL Sometimes she is loud and sometimes she isn't! LOL I'm never hungry either and have to "make" myself eat but I'm on a pretty good routine right now so I have everything timed out!

It sounds like what happened when I started having acid issues. It never got to full blown reflux, but I was getting this gnawing twinge an hour or so after I'd eat. I was totally full, but after talking to other veterans, they told me to talk to my surgeon about getting on a PPI before the reflux really started. Low and behold, I went on Prilosec and about a week and half later that twinge was gone along with my hunger. For me, it started about the same time as yours, right around 6 weeks out and I had started on more mushy, dense foods.

I haven't felt it since then, and I continue to take my Prilosec every morning like clockwork. I could wean off of it, but honestly I don't want to deal with hunger, or breakthrough reflux that others discuss when they wean off their PPI.

IE- I always have a list weverytime I see my dr and its kinda funny because after he walks in I bombard him with my list and mark one question off at a time and then write my notes, he prolly thinks he's giving a class.

Tiff - I had bad bad bad acid reflux before surgery, I was on 2 different types of meds and I've continued to take one of them seeing its more powerful then Prilosec. I'm seriously thinking its my stomach trying to adjust to the small amounts of food and shes prolly yelling at me and pissed off, hee hee.

It was actually quite funny the other morning, hubby n I were snuggling in bed abd my stomach started guggling and talking and then his started, hee hee they were communicating.:P

HI all,

Im new to this forum, and new to the sleeve, I had my surgery on Oct 29,th. and have had the growling issue,. its ok when i dont eat but all kane is raised when I eat food. So i take and antacid and it seems to calm down.

I also have to remind myself to eat.

HA HA HA, my stomach is so loud, it's embarrassing. I am worrying about eating around other people, it sounds like a storm drain after a rain storm. Slosh slosh gurgle, especially after I eat.

I am only 12 days out, I was hoping it would get bettter... Sleevers, what do you do about your gurgles? Do you take the antiacid for it, or just let 'er rip.

P.S. If mine gets a name, I thnk it may be something that sounds like a Saloon girl name from the old west... like Trixie Mae, or Lula Belle

Cinderella

haaa haaa, Glad I started this topic instead of thinking I was a freak and my stomach was just pissed off at me. Yea I'm thinking of naming my sleeve too, but need to think of a strong name. I don't do anything for it and its worse if I drink say Water and then lay down, she yells at me. I take my aciphex (a heartburn med) first thing in the morning and it's time released so it lasts all day. I have a friend who had the bypass and she said whenever her food is being digested is when her stomach goes nuts.

Frustration is not even the word. I am 1 month out and it's like I always feel hungry. I am not like those who have to remind themselves to eat. That is not my problem, it always feels like my stomach is always growling. How is that even possible?

14 minutes ago, Txcutie67 said:

Frustration is not even the word. I am 1 month out and it's like I always feel hungry. I am not like those who have to remind themselves to eat. That is not my problem, it always feels like my stomach is always growling. How is that even possible?

Constant is usually a sign you're eating and/or drinking too quickly. Doing this causes the body to move stuff more quickly through you -- i.e. peristalsis. Dial it back some.. i.e. slow down.

And I just realized this thread is 6-7 years old.. holy necro.

Edited by PatientEleventyBillion

Thanks. And I just realized how old it was...geez! :)

I got growling after my surgery not so easy! If hungry more and i will eat little not too much