Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated - need some cheerleaders

Eureka-C
Sign in to follow this  

I was sleeved 11/22. I lost 15 pounds between then and 12/1. I have been fluctuating the same three pounds up and down for the last ten days. I am still on liquids. In addition I have been constipated, I have added benefiber 3 times a day and I think it is helping. I also think I need more fluids as my fingers feel puffy and stiff in the morning like I am retaining Water, so I tried to push the fluids yesterday and got in less than 300 calories. When I try to take in more substance my calories are around 600, but then i don't get enough fluids. You can see my foods on fatsecret.com. I am just feeling sad today and could use some cheering up.

I think your calorie intake is too low somedays, I've been looking at yuor diet journal in myfatsecret.com. Also I wouldn't recommend weighing everyday, are you peeing all right? I had Constipation (and still do), that will settle with time, plus if your not eating anything yet there's not too much to get rid of! Try and cheer up, you'll see that everything will start making sense and settling down :P

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry about it. Right now, the most important thing for you to do is push fluids. Get in as much Protein as you can, but being just under 3 weeks from surgery, you really need to focus on your Fluid intake - dehydration is no fun.

Is your surgeon local? if so, you might want to call & see if they can give you IV fluids. Or, they may have other suggestions for you.

Keep your chin up!

I think your calorie intake is too low somedays, I've been looking at yuor diet journal in myfatsecret.com. Also I wouldn't recommend weighing everyday, are you peeing all right? I had Constipation (and still do), that will settle with time, plus if your not eating anything yet there's not too much to get rid of! Try and cheer up, you'll see that everything will start making sense and settling down :P

Chilo1,

I saw the nurse and the nutritionist today. I was told to up my calories (good thing that I can start eating on Monday) and aim for at least 600-800 calories. Also, no I am not peeing enough. I only go twice a day and thats because of habit, not really a need to go. I added benefiber three times a day and that is helping with the other problems, but arghhhh. I am looking forward to the settling with time. Thanks for your encouragement.

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry about it. Right now, the most important thing for you to do is push fluids. Get in as much Protein as you can, but being just under 3 weeks from surgery, you really need to focus on your Fluid intake - dehydration is no fun.

Is your surgeon local? if so, you might want to call & see if they can give you IV fluids. Or, they may have other suggestions for you.

Keep your chin up!

Mini-me. I am trying to not worry. I took my bottle that I drink my Protein drinks from to the nurse visit today. I have been drinking two of those. She said I need to aim for three of them a day. It takes me all day to drink two. I will just have to drink more. I am definitely not enjoying drinking. I try not to go more than 15 minutes without a drink. I think I will change it to 10 minutes. She said that I am low on fluids, but not dehydrated.

I was sleeved 11/22. I lost 15 pounds between then and 12/1. I have been fluctuating the same three pounds up and down for the last ten days. I am still on liquids. In addition I have been constipated, I have added benefiber 3 times a day and I think it is helping. I also think I need more fluids as my fingers feel puffy and stiff in the morning like I am retaining Water, so I tried to push the fluids yesterday and got in less than 300 calories. When I try to take in more substance my calories are around 600, but then i don't get enough fluids. You can see my foods on fatsecret.com. I am just feeling sad today and could use some cheering up.

bless your heart. . . i understand your sadness, your probably still pretty puffy from the surgery. . (that surgery is a bugger) but take heart it goes away. . don't stress over those pounds girl, can i make a suggestion? when i first got sleeved I vowed never to become a slave to the scale. . the day i came home from the hospital i put that scale into the garage and only got weighed when i went to the doctor. . . and every time i went i was soooo very happy! the results were amazing! i didn't have that stupid scale making me depressed i loved it. . . then after about 6 months i brought the scale back in, set it according to the doctor scale and only weighed myself 1 time per week. . . i hit a major stall for 3 1/2 MONTHS not weeks MONTHS. . .but i knew that it would eventually move, so i mixed up stuff i did. . . one day i would eat more calories, the next not as many, one day exercise, the next nothing. . .and eventually that stall moved. . . i'm on another stall now again, but its the Christmas season and i'm not going to stop living just because of it. . .I'm going to enjoy my Christmas and then for the new year my resolution is to return to the gym 3 x per week and not to stop with the exercise (I really hate exercise) it's funny how before the surgery our new years resolutions were always to lose weight, now it's to exercise!laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Don't be sad honey, it'll be ok, this surgery also plays with our hormones abit. . . good luck your doing fabulous and will continue to do great. . . just keep posting and enjoy your life. . . enjoy what you have been given , it's not going away, it's with you always and will work with you. . .

bless your heart. . . i understand your sadness, your probably still pretty puffy from the surgery. . (that surgery is a bugger) but take heart it goes away. . don't stress over those pounds girl, can i make a suggestion? when i first got sleeved I vowed never to become a slave to the scale. . the day i came home from the hospital i put that scale into the garage and only got weighed when i went to the doctor. . . and every time i went i was soooo very happy! the results were amazing! i didn't have that stupid scale making me depressed i loved it. . . then after about 6 months i brought the scale back in, set it according to the doctor scale and only weighed myself 1 time per week. . . i hit a major stall for 3 1/2 MONTHS not weeks MONTHS. . .but i knew that it would eventually move, so i mixed up stuff i did. . . one day i would eat more calories, the next not as many, one day exercise, the next nothing. . .and eventually that stall moved. . . i'm on another stall now again, but its the Christmas season and i'm not going to stop living just because of it. . .I'm going to enjoy my Christmas and then for the new year my resolution is to return to the gym 3 x per week and not to stop with the exercise (I really hate exercise) it's funny how before the surgery our new years resolutions were always to lose weight, now it's to exercise!laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Don't be sad honey, it'll be ok, this surgery also plays with our hormones abit. . . good luck your doing fabulous and will continue to do great. . . just keep posting and enjoy your life. . . enjoy what you have been given , it's not going away, it's with you always and will work with you. . .

Thank you so much. I can't let go of the scale yet, but maybe some time. You are so right. I am in for this in the long haul. It's not going away. Thanks again.

Awww, I hope you are doing better now. From what I can tell, post surgery can be rough, but it gets a tiny bit better every day. As to the weight loss, I wouldn't worry too much about that right now. Your first order of business is to recover from surgery. Once you are on the recovery side, your sleeve can do it's job! I hope things get better soon!

hang in there, be patient....sometimes we have good and some others are bad days. but the majority are good, and we should be grateful for having had the opportunity to have this surgery. so cheer up, all will be well.....smile and chin up.