Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chocolate Addictions...

Anyone suffering from this? I thought I was over it and past it. Nope, I have tried everyday for the last 2 weeks to say no chocolate today, just one day without it. I cant do it. I honestly feel like I am suffering withdrawels or something and when I have some I feel better. Any suggestions as to what I can replace it with to help me. The weight loss has stopped and it is really unhealthy and getting back into bad habits.

Help me please :cool:

Get yourself a "balance gold bar", it is loaded with Protein and it tatses as good as chocolate, try the triple chocolate one or the chocolate Peanut Butter one it is what I like to eat when I am craving the chocolate , this way I do not feel guilty and I got in some protein.

I have this problem when I am suffering from PMS. Weight Watchers has wonderful new candies that are really good and individually wrapped. Most of the grocery stores and drug stores to have them in the candy aisle. I have found these usually work very well for satisfying my cravings. Also, slimfast has a Peanut Butter crunch snack bar. If you like butterfingers, try one of these because they taste just like a butterfinger, but with much fewer calories, fat, etc.

My list of chocolate Craving Snacks is:

Slim Fast candy bar (120 calories, 4g fat). I HIGHLY recommend their chocolate Peanut Nougat.

Slim Fast chocolate chip granola bar

100 Calorie packs of Fudge Stripe and chips Deluxe Cookies

Hunt's Low Fat Chocolate pudding

Sweet Freedom Chocolate ice cream bars. (alot of varieties)

Skinny Cow Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich

You have to watch out for some of the "Sugar Free" Snacks because some are REALLY high in fat content.

Hi Kellie!

chocolate isn't BAD!! Just add it in to your calories for the day. :cool: :) I personally can't have chocolate in the house because it will be gone in just a few hours. I have absolutely NO WILLPOWER when it comes to chocolate. A friend told me that if I were to just eat one hershey's kiss a day it would solve my chocolate cravings. So, I went to the store & bought a bag & fully intended to make the bag last a whole month. IT WAS GONE IN 2 DAYS!! Yeah, I'm pathetic. (NO WONDER I'VE BEEN ON A PLATEAU FOR SO LONG!!!!)

So, now I buy a small chocolate mint square while I'm at the store, eat it right then & count it in my calories for the day. I can't keep the chocolate at home - too dangerous!!

Even the slim-fast bars don't work for me. I eat all of them in one day!! ha!

Good luck!! There's lots of us who are just like you!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Even the slim-fast bars don't work for me. I eat all of them in one day!! ha!

Good luck!! There's lots of us who are just like you!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

:omg: :think :think me too

Totally there with you! And it is so bad during AF time.

What works for me is to stay away from actual chocolate candy because I just can't stop. BUT, I do have a chocolate Protein shake every morning, which helps with my chocolate problem (and lets me get Protein in the morning, I am pretty restricted and can't get solids down early). And in the evenings if I need a fix, I will have 3-4 lowfat chocolate animal crackers that I get from Trader Joe's. It helps curve the craving. The fat-free fudgecicles helps if it is really bad.

I do have chocolate candy on major holidays, like Mother's Day, Easter, etc... But I only have a small amount of really good candy (love See's) and it is only for that day alone...

I hear you. It has been so hard fo rme lately. I ate on of those big reese's cups yesterday, but luckily it was at the same time I was developing the stomach flu so now I don't think I want chocolate for while.

If you are really, really addicted, then you need to be like the alcoholic. Have none. Not the diet chocolate or the power bars or anything else. It is a slipperly slope that you can't afford to go down.

I love chocolate too. I have a jar full of little minis, like Hershey's kisses, and bite sized Snickers, Three Musketeers, etc.

I never have more than one piece, and never more than one a day. I'm still losing weight so I am not going to beat myself up over it, and neither should you, as long as you can avoid overindulging!

Just try to learn to enjoy loving the taste and sensation instead of using chocolate to fill your tummy (it's not easy, but you can do it!). That's why I always have my piece after I have eaten my meal.

I keep the bite size snickers and some kisses at work. they help when you are having a "Chocolate moment"

Also those slim fast candy bars are very good. I keep a box in my desk at work.

Quick is fix! Dried friut or trail mix. worked for me! or if you like Cappuccino lots of EMPTY CALORIE;S in those.be careful.

Or just try to only eat Choclet on FRIDAY. ( head hunger with chocolet is tuff one ) or if you must just a few little piece's then know more!

Good luck JOHNQ