Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone about How many Calories I should be eating now. I feel like my weight loss is kinda slow ( 3months = 42 lbs) I mean Im grateful but Im scared that it will stop at 42 lbs and I dodnt have surgery to lose 42 lbs if ya know what I mean. I completely understand that Im in control and I havent measured portions or really watched what I eat ( Nothing Unhealthy thats for sure), So Im increasing my Water intake (that made me gain but I talk to Tiff and i felt better about it) but Id like to keep track of calories. I just wanna know how many I should be eating at my stage. Ive been losing slowly but still losing so.... Any and all advice welcomed please!!! I do have to say that the water increase helps tremendously with hunger but man I hate looking at the scale cause it it can be like 3 lbs up and makes me regret the water!!!

For my losing stage, I stuck to 600-800 calories a day, 30gr of carbs, and 60+ Protein grams. I tracked everything I ate, and was diligent about what I put in my mouth. Protein first, avoided all white carbs, and ensured I was getting in my 64oz of fluids. The best way to get rid of Water weight is more water/clear fluids, and to lay off high sodium foods.

For my losing stage, I stuck to 600-800 calories a day, 30gr of carbs, and 60+ Protein grams. I tracked everything I ate, and was diligent about what I put in my mouth. Protein first, avoided all white carbs, and ensured I was getting in my 64oz of fluids. The best way to get rid of Water weight is more water/clear fluids, and to lay off high sodium foods.

Hi Tiffykins! I see a lot fo ppl who try to stick to the 600 - 800 calories but I am confused about something. It takes me 4 Protein shakes to get almost 60 protein grams. The calories in those 4 shakes is 600 calories. So I guess that leaves 200 calories for actual food right? I've been trying to eat more fish to get some of the protein grams. How did you do it? Thanks for your help.

Cindy maybe you should change up the Protein you are using? Are you eating eggs yet? The AMP Wheybolic protein powders from GNC have 60g of protein in three scoops with 8-12oz of milk! I've been working on making different shakes from the HUGE list in the recipe section so that I can get my protein in!! I have been staying below 700 calories (not totally by choice, that all I can eat right now) each day with still getting in average of 50g of protein!

I know Ive been terrible about tracking and Ive said it before but Im really gonna start. Ive done it for 3 days now and Im putting my iphone to better use with myfitness pal. I was wondering...I have 2 cups of coffee a day with SF Creamer. Can I add this to my Water intake? I havent been cause Im not sure but I usually have a cup anywhere from 5 am to 7am and then again anywhere from 1 to 5. Also Tiff when you nsay losing stage....Should I consider the whole first year the losing stage? Then when you say 600 to 800 calories is that net calories?

Hi Tiffykins! I see a lot fo ppl who try to stick to the 600 - 800 calories but I am confused about something. It takes me 4 Protein shakes to get almost 60 Protein grams. The calories in those 4 shakes is 600 calories. So I guess that leaves 200 calories for actual food right? I've been trying to eat more fish to get some of the protein grams. How did you do it? Thanks for your help.

I didn't use Protein Shakes, and stuck to soft meats, cheese, yogurt, Beans. 4 meals with at least 15gr of protein for each meal. 3oz of chicken gives you 20gr of protein, mush up some cheese, and that adds 3-6gr of protein.

I know Ive been terrible about tracking and Ive said it before but Im really gonna start. Ive done it for 3 days now and Im putting my iphone to better use with myfitness pal. I was wondering...I have 2 cups of coffee a day with SF creamer. Can I add this to my Water intake? I havent been cause Im not sure but I usually have a cup anywhere from 5 am to 7am and then again anywhere from 1 to 5. Also Tiff when you nsay losing stage....Should I consider the whole first year the losing stage? Then when you say 600 to 800 calories is that net calories?

I didn't do net carbs, or net calories because I was fairly sedentary for the first 3.5-4 months. I only added extra carbs and calories when I started working out 4 days a week, but still rarely got in more than 50gr of carbs and I think I was still hovering around only 900-1000 calories a day.

coffee only counts for clear fluids if it's decaffeinated. My losing stage was just until I got to goal and it took me 6.5 months to get to goal. After that I went up to 1000 calories, 100gr of Protein, 60-100gr of carbs and continued to lose until I started adding more healthy fats avocados, Peanut Butter and nuts, adding white carbs which got me to 1500-1800 calories a day, and that's what I've been maintaining on for the last 7 months.