Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I start it already???

OK so I got in touch with my Doctors office today they submitted my paperwork to my insurance company...BCBS of OKLA. I've done my weight management for 3 months.

SHOULD I START MY 2 week liquid diet TOMORROW before I get the appoval or do I wait for the Doctor to tell me when to start? Tonight is my Company Christmas party and I've had it in my head this is my "LAST STEAK SUPPER" for a while. I know I'm a nut! LOL

Am I jumping the gun?? I just don't know HOW LONG it will take my insurance company to give them the OK! I WANT this surgery THIS YEAR because my deductable is going to DOUBLE next year. OH PLEASE what SHOULD I DO? I WANT to get on the ONEDERLAND train with you already!!! TOOT TOOT LOL

Don't start - 2 week liquid diet is horrible, more than you can imagine so try to do as little of it as possible. liquid diet after surgery is much better because you'll be happy if you get anything in for a few days and you are not really hungry anyway. Before, you are in full blown eating mode and Clear liquids is pretty harsh.

Interestingly, I didn't have to do Clear Liquids BEFORE, just a surgeon prescribed diet consisting of their supplements

As someone who is into the second week of the pre-op diet, I tend to agree. It's not a lot of fun, and I am pretty much hungry all the time (not to be a downer, but that's been my experience). Now, that might be different for you, so I don't want to make you anticipate something that won't happen, but no sense in doing it until you know for sure....

OK so I got in touch with my Doctors office today they submitted my paperwork to my insurance company...BCBS of OKLA. I've done my weight management for 3 months.

SHOULD I START MY 2 week liquid diet TOMORROW before I get the appoval or do I wait for the Doctor to tell me when to start? Tonight is my Company Christmas party and I've had it in my head this is my "LAST STEAK SUPPER" for a while. I know I'm a nut! LOL

Am I jumping the gun?? I just don't know HOW LONG it will take my insurance company to give them the OK! I WANT this surgery THIS YEAR because my deductable is going to DOUBLE next year. OH PLEASE what SHOULD I DO? I WANT to get on the ONEDERLAND train with you already!!! TOOT TOOT LOL

I am right here with you! My paperwork has been submitted and I am in waiting mode. Our insurance will change in January as well which means more money out of pocket for us as well.

What I have done in anticipation is I am following a pre-op diet that the nutritionist gave me which is basically a very carb restrictive, low fat, high Protein diet. Not too difficult to follow at this point and of course there have been a few cheats over the weekend as we were at a wedding.

Otherwise I am just sticking to it about 99% of the time, as well I have given up any sort of caffeine and sugar when it comes to drinks. Also cut out any sweet treats in the food department.

Hang tough as we are just about there.

Listen everyone is different my surgery is tues yes tomorrow and I ate Soup today the day before but remembertheres this stuff u buy it in store and it's liquid you drink it down and shitttt your brains out I've had to do it 4 times always want to be down a few pounds and you lose 5-7 pounds try it! Enjoy yourself! I'll keep you plateaued 8:30am tomorrow morning

THANKS ALL! I know every Doctor has you do something different but my Doctor already told me that I have to be on a liquid diet for 2 weeks before he will do surgery. That is why I wondered if I should start it tomorrow so if my insurance give the OK I will be ready! I wish I only had to do it for a few days it would make it easier to wait.