Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

18 month post-sleeve check in

So here I am 18 months post-sleeve, loving life, staying busy, and just living.

Yes, I can eat twice as much as I could at the 2-3 months post-op, but it's still a small amount. No more than 6-8 of mushy foods, and max 5oz of dense Protein. I can not even eat 1/2 chicken breast unless I take 45 minutes, and have some food lube to go with it. 1 Taco Bell soft taco, or 1-2 wedges from their steak quesadilla minus the top part of the tortilla, 3 subway meatballs with cheese, 1-1.5 slice of thin crust pizza, 4oz of steak with veggies, 1/2 Peanut Butter sandwich, etc etc.

I still take Prilosec once daily, and have no plans of stopping it any time soon. I just started working out again to tone up, and will going for my round of plastics consults after the first of the year. We are still "trying" to conceive, but I have given up on the charting and ovulation monitor. I had become obsessive about it, and that's not good for me, or my marriage. My son doesn't think I dress "age appropriately" because a girl at his middle school has the same pair of tights I wear on occasion. He said "mom, you can't wear those anymore, "E" has those same circly, purple tights and she's ONLY 14". . . I tried to explain to him that just because I'm nearly 34 doesn't mean I'm dead, and can't dress with style. I'm not rocking mini skirts and tube tops so in my mind, and per Stacy and Clinton, I am still within the guidelines of age appropriate clothing.

I do eat anything and everything I want. I have "bad" days when I don't hit protein goals then there are other days I get in 100+gr per day. I don't track my food intake anymore as it's all kind of mental. I do a check in occasionally just to make sure my math is correct, and I eat anywhere between 1500-1800 calories a day. I do eat white carbs, but not in large quantities, and still follow the "protein first" rule 85-90% of the time. I eat dessert, I drink very socially, and I do not fret about food. I am just living life, and I go in this month for my 18 month follow up with my surgeon. I'll post my lab results once they are in, but it'll probably be closer to the end of the month for me to get in with Dr. M.

For those of you struggling right now, DO NOT GIVE UP on YOURSELF. This is a lifelong change and journey, try to remind yourself that you didn't get fat overnight, you're not going to get skinny overnight. For those of you just getting started, stay the course, find the path that works for you, and be smart about what you put in your mouth. Decision-making is a lot harder this far out. I can easily put away a lot of chips and salsa, pretzels with mustard, all junk food slides right down, and is just wasted calories. I do admit that some days I fall into the pit of hell on food choices, but I live each day for that day and do not beat myself up over it. I can't tell y'all enough how much this forum has meant to me, and the friendships I've formed over the last year and a half have been inspiring, and truly the best friendships I could have asked for. Thanks for all of the support, encouragement, and love that we've shared. I don't know what I would have done without y'all.

Now a new before and after side by side:

Pre-op stats: 270lbs, size 22/24W pant, 3-4X shirt, 8-8.5W shoe, 40-42D/DD bra, ring size 8.5

Post-op stats (in maintenance): 125lbs (I bounce up and down 3-5lbs on any given week) size 0-4 pant depending on where I buy them, Gap size 0, Old Navy size 0 and 2, Charlotte Russe 4 etc etc. Shirt size is xs to small, shoe size 7 (normal width), 32 TINY B bra, ring size 6

Before%20after%20sidebyside.jpg

Tiffykins,

You are so inspiring to all of us. Thanks you for sharing your experience with us. You look wonderful and I know manyof us appreciate you.

So here I am 18 months post-sleeve, loving life, staying busy, and just living.

Yes, I can eat twice as much as I could at the 2-3 months post-op, but it's still a small amount. No more than 6-8 of mushy foods, and max 5oz of dense Protein. I can not even eat 1/2 chicken breast unless I take 45 minutes, and have some food lube to go with it. 1 Taco Bell soft taco, or 1-2 wedges from their steak quesadilla minus the top part of the tortilla, 3 subway meatballs with cheese, 1-1.5 slice of thin crust pizza, 4oz of steak with veggies, 1/2 Peanut Butter sandwich, etc etc.

I still take Prilosec once daily, and have no plans of stopping it any time soon. I just started working out again to tone up, and will going for my round of plastics consults after the first of the year. We are still "trying" to conceive, but I have given up on the charting and ovulation monitor. I had become obsessive about it, and that's not good for me, or my marriage. My son doesn't think I dress "age appropriately" because a girl at his middle school has the same pair of tights I wear on occasion. He said "mom, you can't wear those anymore, "E" has those same circly, purple tights and she's ONLY 14". . . I tried to explain to him that just because I'm nearly 34 doesn't mean I'm dead, and can't dress with style. I'm not rocking mini skirts and tube tops so in my mind, and per Stacy and Clinton, I am still within the guidelines of age appropriate clothing.

I do eat anything and everything I want. I have "bad" days when I don't hit Protein goals then there are other days I get in 100+gr per day. I don't track my food intake anymore as it's all kind of mental. I do a check in occasionally just to make sure my math is correct, and I eat anywhere between 1500-1800 calories a day. I do eat white carbs, but not in large quantities, and still follow the "protein first" rule 85-90% of the time. I eat dessert, I drink very socially, and I do not fret about food. I am just living life, and I go in this month for my 18 month follow up with my surgeon. I'll post my lab results once they are in, but it'll probably be closer to the end of the month for me to get in with Dr. M.

For those of you struggling right now, DO NOT GIVE UP on YOURSELF. This is a lifelong change and journey, try to remind yourself that you didn't get fat overnight, you're not going to get skinny overnight. For those of you just getting started, stay the course, find the path that works for you, and be smart about what you put in your mouth. Decision-making is a lot harder this far out. I can easily put away a lot of chips and salsa, pretzels with mustard, all junk food slides right down, and is just wasted calories. I do admit that some days I fall into the pit of hell on food choices, but I live each day for that day and do not beat myself up over it. I can't tell y'all enough how much this forum has meant to me, and the friendships I've formed over the last year and a half have been inspiring, and truly the best friendships I could have asked for. Thanks for all of the support, encouragement, and love that we've shared. I don't know what I would have done without y'all.

Now a new before and after side by side:

Pre-op stats: 270lbs, size 22/24W pant, 3-4X shirt, 8-8.5W shoe, 40-42D/DD bra, ring size 8.5

Post-op stats (in maintenance): 125lbs (I bounce up and down 3-5lbs on any given week) size 0-4 pant depending on where I buy them, Gap size 0, Old Navy size 0 and 2, Charlotte Russe 4 etc etc. Shirt size is xs to small, shoe size 7 (normal width), 32 TINY B bra, ring size 6

Before%20after%20sidebyside.jpg

Tiff, I personally can say what your posts have meant to me. Without your valuable information, I'm not sure I would be here! You have given so much to this forum and want to thank you. YOU LOOK FANTASTIC! TO ME, YOU ARE THE POSTERGIRL FOR VSG!!

I would love to say so much more (but I am late for work!! :-))... but let me just say how much of an inspiration you are, and how much I have valued your support during all my pre-op questions... Not only the ones I've asked, but the ones I've seen you answer that I never even thought to ask! Thank you so much for all this, and for sharing your story. You look just amazing and HAPPY!

Thank you so much for sharing so much of your story with us! I was *just* telling my husband about you and your post-op, maintenance life, that nothing is 100% off limits, how you focused and got so quickly to goal, the whole nine yards. So it was a pleasant suprise to come and see your 18 month post-op update.

You are truly an inspiration to so many of us! Congrats on rocking that sleeve and being such a great sounding board for many of us here!

Tiffykins,

I dont want to repeat everyone else but you have answered so many of my questions and encouraged me with your wise words. I pray that you will be able to concieve and that you will have a healthy baby to post about on your 2 year check in. Blessings to you.

Tiff,

Your posts are always awesome and inspiring!. Congratulations and thankyou for the sound advise.

How tall are you?

Funny i am currently 247 (depending on the day 242) lol. My pants are 22 I'm 5'5 and my bra is 42C.

When I got married in 1993 I was 136 pounds, bra 34b,size 10 (5 in a dress that was looser at the bottom).

Back in those days I could never exercise or starve to get below 130. I can't imagine what 125 would look like but I did the "frame test" and I have a small frame so I could possibly get there and not look sickly.

You rock it girl!

Tiffykins, you are an AMAZING example of WLS success! My fondest wish is that in 18 months post-op I'll be able to post pics of me that look as good as your post-op picture looks. I know you worked hard and ate smart to get to where you are and those are great words of wisdom for me as I embark on my VSG journey. My preop stats are pretty close to yours though I can't imagine ever being your new bra size (for the past 15 years I've been lugging around a couple of boulders -- or should I say huge saggy Water balloonish ta-tas -- that completely fill a 46DDD bra and enter a room about 2 seconds before the rest of my body ... girl, would I love to be a 32 bra size!) Thanks for the inspiration! smile.gif

Yayyy Tiffy!!! You look amazing and sooo happy!!

Thank you so much for all your support and wisdom. I know everyone here really appreciates it!

CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCCESS!!

I do pray that you get your little baby wish soon! That would be a true blessing. :))

THANK YOU SO MUCH for POSTING!!! Just yesterday I was reading a new forum and I thought....Hmmm I wonder what Tiffykins would say to help them!! LOL You are an INSPIRATION to us ALL!!! I haven't read a lot about long term Sleevers so I'm SO HAPPY to read your SUCCESS!!! Thank you for being there for US!!

I know when I FINALLY get Sleeved I will be needing MORE HELP and SUPPORT! Like you, I don't know HOW I WOULD HAVE MANAGED WITHOUT THIS WEBSITE and ALL of the WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL PEOPLE and the FANTASTIC SUPPORT! I honestly believe I wouldn't be having the surgery because of my family but once I wrote my story out here and got the support I was looking for.....Well let's just say I'M READY for a NEW ME!!!!

DITTO... DITTO ... DITTO .. to what everyone else has posted.. You look AMAZING. I hope to have as much success.. keep posting I soo enjoy reading what you have to say.

T

Tiff,

Your posts are always awesome and inspiring!. Congratulations and thankyou for the sound advise.

How tall are you?

Funny i am currently 247 (depending on the day 242) lol. My pants are 22 I'm 5'5 and my bra is 42C.

When I got married in 1993 I was 136 pounds, bra 34b,size 10 (5 in a dress that was looser at the bottom).

Back in those days I could never exercise or starve to get below 130. I can't imagine what 125 would look like but I did the "frame test" and I have a small frame so I could possibly get there and not look sickly.

Thank you all soooooooooooooooo very much ! ! ! I'm 5'2" and considered large frame by my bone size. I've had bone scans, and my surgeon measured my elbow and knee joint to figure my frame size. I really do have huge knee, ankle and elbow joints. Anything below about 123-125lbs, I do not look good. I dropped to 119lbs, and really got concerned as did my husband. But, I was able to gain back a few pounds and feel much better.

Thanks again everyone ! ! !