Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chin Hair and Weight Loss?

Hey,

I don't have a lot of chin hair, but I do have more than I should...lol... I haven't noticed a significant change at the moment. The hair on my head however, is coming out in handfuls!!

I was sleeved beg July btw!!! =]

HI, I am getting my surgery next week, what I can say is that due to my obesity I developed PCOS, I was diagnosed 2 year ago and yes...chin hair and hair around belly button, some hair thinning and falling out, break outs, these are things I dealt with due to the hormonal imbalance of PCOS. The chin hair if you never had it before is most likely due to your hormones too much male hormones or a decrease in female hormones. AN endocrinologist is best at telling whether you are balanced or not. Good luck, I wax for now, I have tried many many waxes and many strips I like the microwavable wax from Sally's-the honey kind, by the strips and once you get used to it is so much better than tweezing. Good Luck.wink.gif

I have never been diagnosed with PCOS, but I have chin and neck hair. My granny "naired" my neck when I was going through a weird hormone thing as a teenager. She thought it would "help", least to say, it made it worse.

BUT, I can say that the hair has not lightened up (color) any, but I do not have to tweeze them every day like I did pre-op. I wax my chin every couple of months, and get a couple of strays here and there. They are still there, but they grow slower. Same thing with my leg hair, and underarm hair. I don't have to shave as often.

I am 3 weeks post op and it seems the few annoying hairs I need to tweeze over and over have gone psycho! I never leave home without my tweezers now.

I have lots of dark chin hair that I tweeze. Has anyone lost a lot of weight and had the hair stop growing in? Or lighten up?

Thanks!

I have had a problem with chin hair since high school, which is when I really started gaining weight. A few months before I was sleeved my dr put me on Tri-sprintec, a type of birth control that she said would help control my high testosterone/low estrogen levels. I noticed that my chin hair started coming in a lot more slowly, but unfortunately for some reason I started to lose the hair on my head!

Post op I have lost 28 lbs and the chin hair is definitely growing a lot slower, maybe half the rate as before, even though Im not on the pill anymore. The hair on my head is still thinning though, and I know it will continue for awhile :/

I hope the operation will solve that too *sigh*.

I have to tweeze my entire neck and lower face often. I keep losing the tweezers because they're so small and thin, then buy new ones, and lose them too. My tweezer bill alone could support an entire family in india or something.

I have to tweeze my entire neck and lower face often. I keep losing the tweezers because they're so small and thin, then buy new ones, and lose them too. My tweezer bill alone could support an entire family in india or something.

I have too many chin hairs to tweeze. I just shave my chin which I really hate having to do. A few years ago, I tried going to a place that promised after 8 treatments the hairs would be gone forever- not... I can't even remember what they called it now, it was like electronic impulses from a device they moved over the problem area after applying a gel. A waste of money!

I have too many chin hairs to tweeze. I just shave my chin which I really hate having to do. A few years ago, I tried going to a place that promised after 8 treatments the hairs would be gone forever- not... I can't even remember what they called it now, it was like electronic impulses from a device they moved over the problem area after applying a gel. A waste of money!

I read birth control pills might solve hirsutism, might want to try that.

I read birth control pills might solve hirsutism, might want to try that.

I wish that were true. I've been on those before I got tired of the daily pill and went to the depo shot.Thanks though.

I laughed out loud!! This is my life you are talking aout! I have a pair of tweezers in every purse and every room. I carry a spare in my car just in case I find a rouge hair while on my way somewhere hahahahaha!!! I have never been diagnosed with PCOS; in fact I had never heard of till I started looking into WLS. How do they test for it?

Has anyone here had laser hair removal treatments? I'm wondering if they really work. I have to shave my chin, neck, and cheeks every day and I hate it! Depilatories break me out. I haven't tried waxing--might have to, though my hair is so coarse I'm not sure how it would work. I had PCOS when younger, I had hoped after menopause it would get better, but no such luck. Bummer.

Has anyone here had laser hair removal treatments? I'm wondering if they really work. I have to shave my chin, neck, and cheeks every day and I hate it! Depilatories break me out. I haven't tried waxing--might have to, though my hair is so coarse I'm not sure how it would work. I had PCOS when younger, I had hoped after menopause it would get better, but no such luck. Bummer.

I looked into the laser hair removal but it was pricey and you have to go back multiple times. I ended up buying this razor from QVC that burns the hair at the root - it doesn't hurt. But it was kind of a pain because it required multiple uses as well. I now regret that I never got the laser hair removal in the first place!! LOL Let me know if you get it, and how it works!! :)