Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This might not sound like a big accomplishment, but I am soooooo proud of myself. I went to the grocery tonight (which I hate to do because I just want to buy junk) and I didn't buy ANY junk food!!!!! I wanted to soooo badly. I walked down the ice cream aisle and looked and then started walking faster and told myself NO! I walked thru the candy aisle too, and I wanted a resses cup sooooo bad! I saw a pudding cake, and thought, OH YUM, that will go down so easily!!! I kept walking past that too! I even made it thru the checkout lane too without grabbing a resses or anything else! YEAH FOR ME!!!! :) I had a slip a few weeks back where I did buy a resses that I ate, and I did eat a cupcake too. I know it goes down easily, and doens't make me sick. I can't resist it, so I have to keep it out of my house. I am so glad I didn't buy it. I was so proud of myself, I just had to share!

I also wanted to just drive thru Wendy's or Skyline (chili place) instead of going to the grocery because that is so much easier than buying food and preparing it. That was an old bad habit that I got in to. I didn't do that either!!!

I attached a recent picture of me with my doggies from a few days ago. It was in the 50's then, but its snowing today! LOL! I have lost 56 since surgery, 69 total. I was 300.2 this morning. I hope to break the 300's soon!!!! Maybe tomorrow moring or the next day!

I also added some before pictures. Don't look at my messy deck, LOL! I think I was at my highest weight in these pictures. I set the timer on my camera. I hated getting my picture taken, and I didn't want anyone to take my pic :(

post-4683-13813656075777_thumb.jpg

post-4683-13813656076827_thumb.jpg

post-4683-13813656078374_thumb.jpg

I can and I am sure most people on this forum can relate to your story.

I am proud of you too. Good job in not giving in. A lot of people think WSL is the easy way out, but we know that it isn't the case. Everytime we go to the store or drive pass a fast food place we have to make a conscious effort to do what's right for our bodies. Hopefully this will get better with time and good habits.

Awesome job on the weight loss thus far.

Good luck baby girl.:D

Deb B)

You should be proud of yourself. You are making smart decisions and fighting the food demons. We all have them or we wouldn't be here. Congrats on the weight loss!!

PS I am jealous you have Skyline chili. I love their chili!!

You should be proud of yourself. You are making smart decisions and fighting the food demons. We all have them or we wouldn't be here. Congrats on the weight loss!!

PS I am jealous you have Skyline chili. I love their chili!!

Skyline is right at the end of my street :o

Well done you!!! I go through this every time I hit the grocery store too. :unsure:

Though, I have to tell you... I get a small Wendy's chili for dinner every Tuesday. It just works out perfectly that way, and I've been losing fine. I order the small and just eat until I'm full, which has NEVER been a whole order. I even eat 4 crackers with it. It's a nice treat for me.

I just have to say that these "little" victories is what it is all about, just us becoming more conscious of our choices and habits. You did wonderful even though I know it is not easy or pleasant at times. Your weight loss has been awesome so it is apparent that though you claim you had a couple slip ups, you are staying on track and working your sleeve. I wish you the best! Big hugs.

This might not sound like a big accomplishment, but I am soooooo proud of myself. I went to the grocery tonight (which I hate to do because I just want to buy junk) and I didn't buy ANY junk food!!!!! I wanted to soooo badly. I walked down the ice cream aisle and looked and then started walking faster and told myself NO! I walked thru the candy aisle too, and I wanted a resses cup sooooo bad! I saw a pudding cake, and thought, OH YUM, that will go down so easily!!! I kept walking past that too! I even made it thru the checkout lane too without grabbing a resses or anything else! YEAH FOR ME!!!! :) I had a slip a few weeks back where I did buy a resses that I ate, and I did eat a cupcake too. I know it goes down easily, and doens't make me sick. I can't resist it, so I have to keep it out of my house. I am so glad I didn't buy it. I was so proud of myself, I just had to share!

I also wanted to just drive thru Wendy's or Skyline (chili place) instead of going to the grocery because that is so much easier than buying food and preparing it. That was an old bad habit that I got in to. I didn't do that either!!!

I attached a recent picture of me with my doggies from a few days ago. It was in the 50's then, but its snowing today! LOL! I have lost 56 since surgery, 69 total. I was 300.2 this morning. I hope to break the 300's soon!!!! Maybe tomorrow moring or the next day!

I also added some before pictures. Don't look at my messy deck, LOL! I think I was at my highest weight in these pictures. I set the timer on my camera. I hated getting my picture taken, and I didn't want anyone to take my pic :(

What a wonderful story! I bet that made you feel so good about yourself. . . whenever that happens to me I grab a diet drink instead and it feels so good. . . most times your mostly thirsty anyhow. . .your breaking out of your shell about how you feel about yourself. . .how wonderful! I'm so proud of you! It feels good to actually start feeling like a normal person and getting pictures taken and all. . .it gets easier, . . i hated having my pictures taken, now it's not a problem at all. . . i still don't like it, but at least it's easier. . . good luck to you and the best of all things to you!

Sarah WAY TO GO!!!! GOOD JOB!! I LOVE your dogs too!!! My youngest daughters Boxer had 9 puppies 7 weeks ago. I play with them EVERY MORNING and RIGHT when i get home from work. Aren't BOXERS just the MOST LOVABLE dogs!!! I have three Rottweilers too.....SO I'm trying to sell 6 Boxer puppies right now....3 are already spoken for. TOO MANY dogs around our yard but I LOVE them ALL! LOL Keep up the GOOD WORK!!

Sarah WAY TO GO!!!! GOOD JOB!! I LOVE your dogs too!!! My youngest daughters Boxer had 9 puppies 7 weeks ago. I play with them EVERY MORNING and RIGHT when i get home from work. Aren't BOXERS just the MOST LOVABLE dogs!!! I have three Rottweilers too.....SO I'm trying to sell 6 Boxer puppies right now....3 are already spoken for. TOO MANY dogs around our yard but I LOVE them ALL! LOL Keep up the GOOD WORK!!

I LOVE boxers!!!! I will always only have boxers. They are the best dogs ever!!! Izzy was my first boxer, then I got Gus. They are my babies :) Awww, you are so lucky to play with boxer puppies!!!! I want another, but these 2 keep me busy enough.

OMG you only had surgery a couple of months ago and already down over 70 lbs! That is INCREDIBLE! Yay for you and yay for denying those temptation demons!!!! You are doing an awesome job!!!!

Good job! Congrats :)