Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 months after sleeve

Hey everyone... today it is exactly 2 months since my surgery... I have never had any problems with eating any kinds of foods or anything like that.... so far i have lost 36 lbs... im definitely happy but i feel a little disappointed that im not losing as fast as others but im in a better place than i was 2 months ago!!!!! soon i will update this with some pics... :D happy december everyone!

Almost 40 lbs makes a huge difference. I know it has to be hard seeing some people lose double that, but sometimes slow is better. Your body is doing it at your pace and your skin has a chance to tighten up as you lose. Still 36 lbs in 2 months is a huge accomplishment. When else have you been able to lose that in a short amount of time.

I have not been able to say that for a very long time... I'm 8lbs away from being halfway to goal.. So I suppose if it took me another month to lose those 8lbs I'd be on the way to goal in a total of 6 months... We can all find positives in little things! :) change of atittude..... YAY 36lbs!!!!

Heck ya that is good! I have two months on you and I have only lost around 41 pounds and I have only lost 3 pounds the last 5 weeks. Those were my fault though, I have been a lazy butt. You are doing great, I know that almost 40 pounds makes a huge difference. I grabbed a pair of dress slacks from my closet today because I was going to go apply for a part time job at a local school and I had not had my dress pants on since last February when I resigned from my county job. HOLY COW those things slipped off my waist and were down around mid thigh, if I didnt have such booty it would have fallen straight down to my ankles. My husband was like DAMN those kinda don't fit huh? YA THINK?

-36 lbs is AWESOME!!!! You are doing great!

And I agree with you on the zero food issues....yay! I've been laughing (inside...not openly) at all the nutrition classes and support groups that I have been to, when everything is geared towards the Band or Bypass and they go over the "chew chew chew" rule, and "sugar = dumping" and I'm like okay, tell me again why I should not get the sleeve? Duh, it's a no brainer when you look at the sleeve compared to other WLS.

Glad you are doing so well!!!:thumb:

looking at the losses when you measure up to your old clothes is great!.... Mommy2girls, sleeve is the best out of all procedures... That's why I made my name.. Sleeve or bust hahaha! Thanks for the encouragement :) 8 more lbs to go til I'm halfway :P

BREAKING NEWS!!!!>....... Im no longer in the Obese category!!! my Wii tells me today that im now at a BMI of 29.7!!! which means im now in the overweight category!!! :D down a total of 38lbs in 9 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

YIPEE!!!!

You're doing great! Some people who are very obese lose a lot at the very beginning - some who start slightly lower on the BMI scale don't lose that fast. But hey, 38 pounds in two months IS HUGE!

You have a lot less to lose then most of the ppl losing more than you. I am almost 2 months out and I've lost just under 40lbs but 5 was preop so 35lbs. You ARE one of the fast losers.

almost 40 lbs? And you're a lightweight? I think you should be really proud! I have about the same amt to lose and i'm afraid it'll take me at least 6 mos to lose 40lbs! I know it's tough when you want to be at goal already, but you're almost half way there... You would have been so happy to know this 2 mos ago!! :)

Keep up the good work!

I think 38 pounds is amazing. I never could have lost that much weight this quickly on my own. Look you are almost 1/2 way to your goal in only 2 months. Celebrate it!!! I know I will when I get there. I have a lot further to go than you.

Keep up the good work!