Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congrats! Any idea when your surgery date will be? You are probably 'dancing on the ceiling' today. The best is yet to come!

Yes! it's December 28th just 27 days!

So exciting! Congrats to you!!!!

how long did it take for your approval to go through?

i have aetna too- and i am currently scheduled for 12/21... pending approval.

i still have pulmonologist tomorrow AM- am very worried they will have me do sleep study. and that will crunch on myt ime even more.

finishing my support and nutrition meetings now as well...

just curious

i am very worried about the insurance portion here!

eek

congrats to you!!!

Congrats, Crisqueena, I got approved today too!

I had Aetna and took the 3 month / Nutritionist / Psych Eval route. Last visit with the surgeon was two weeks ago and paperwork was submitted that day. Was told it would take about a week but being towards the end of the year it may take a little longer. Last week was Thanksgiving so I gave it a few extra days. Called them this morning to see if they had heard anything and the insurance coordinator said she just got the approval back from them not 10 minutes before I called.

Woohoo! First I was nervous about getting approved. Now I'm nervous that this is really happening and I'm going to be having surgery. Kinda scary, never had an operation before.

Wonderful news :)

Congrats....what a way to start the new year. I also had Aetna but my employer at the time made me do 6 months with the PCP. Now it is only 3 combined with the nutritionist which my husband has started and we hope that he can be scheduled for February. He will only be 3 months behind me as I was sleeved yesterday.....It was the best decision we have ever made.

I have Aetna and I am currently in the process of doing my steps. As far as Aetna is concerned this is what I'm doing:

- Seeing nutritionist 3 times. Once in Nov, once in Dec, once in Jan.

- I see a Physical Therapist every Tuesday afternoon Nov-Jan

- I am documenting what I eat and what exercise I do. I did not log a couple days in Nov. I hope that's okay....

- I have two years documented of a BMI over 40.

Is that pretty much all I need as far as Aetna is concerned?? Am I supposed to be doing monthly weigh-ins as well.

Sorry for all the questions. I am just freaking out about everything.

To answer a few questions:

I did the 3 month option. I met with a nutritionist that works in my surgeon's office. We did a lot through email. I did weigh in with them when I had an appt. (My surgeon's office employs the dietician and a psychologist for the psych eval.) Aetna required that I submit 2 year weight history...which I didn't even have a PCP sent everything from my OBGYN as I've had 3 babies in the last 5 years. My surgeon required a cardiac clearance which I had to have an echo for and a stress test. Surgeon also required pulmonary clearance and of course I had to have a sleep study for that. Surgeon required a letter from my PCP and a scope. I managed to have all the tests finished in about a month...it was busy though. They submitted to Aetna and it took about 2 weeks which I was told is fab b/c it's the end of the year and of course we ran into Thanksgiving.

I thought this process would be much harder...I still can't believe it was so easy. So now I have my team meeting on 12/9 with preadmission testing and surgery the 28th! I still am in shock that it is really going to happen but I can't WAIT!

Congrats to you!! I just got my approval yesterday and im getting my sleeve on dec 22. I am so excited for all of us.

Congrats! I was approved on Friday so surgery scheduled for 12/21. Best of luckto you!:rolleyes: