Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to get serious about exercise, AGAIN.

WOOT WOOT so glad everyone is on board. Tomorrow I'm hitting the gym in the garage. It's intimidating looking at all those weights, but my husband noticed last night that I actually have some definition in my bicep. My triceps still look like ass, but at least my forearms and biceps are toning up. I've also apparently lost some inches in my waist as my size 2 jeans are now too big in the waist, and I have that lovely "panty flashing" gapping going on. I'm not buying any new pants because I figure once I start the brazil butt lift routine, my butt will fill out and maybe I won't have as much gapping.

I'll be working out M, T, W, Th this week as my Friday is pretty insane! ! !

I have to confess I have been a bad bad girl! I did not go on my mountain run. I chose to stay home with my hubby who has varying time off. Friday morning I did go into the gym with a trainer (my cousin) who walked me through all the weight machines. I am familiar with working out with weights and such but I was not sure how to ajust the new fangled machines lol. I did an hour total, by that night my legs felt so sore and my abdomen...OMG ......felt like I got kicked square in my mid tummy. Yesterday I was so sore that I just cleaned house. Today I felt better so I did yard work. Tomorrow is back to the gym for cardio and Tuesday will be back on the weight machines.

Good job guys!

I've been terrible this weekend. Yesterday I just felt draggy and yucky and pissy all day long, and today I just do not feel like exercising, although otherwise I feel normal (not like yesterday!). I actually stood up and went into the bedroom a few minutes ago to change into some running clothes, and just walked right back out again. I have no words of encouragement to offer anyone today, 'cause I'd be a total hypocrite if I did!

Went for an hour of cross-country skiing today, first one this year. I hate winter!

I love the xbox kinect dance game-did about 30 minutes at a friends house...I gotta get it!

Still doing the arm reps. I don't like the hip hop dvd I got, music is funky lol! but I've been moving, so I'm happy.

I unfortunately have not been able to workout all weekend, and won't today either. I have been battling a nasty cold, and my weekend was all but ruined. Today will be too, but I think I'm on my upswing now - so hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to do a little something. :((

Sleeve, good for you on knocking out your walk even in the freezing cold!! I have to really push myself to do that in the winter time. In summer I'm good to go!!

Tiffy, have you seen those new Levi's that are made for more curvier women? They are sewn smaller in the waist, it sounds to me like you are more hourglass and those might help with that. Who doesn't love Levi's too???

mp, nothing wrong with staying home to enjoy time with the Hubby! Also sounds like you made up for it the next day - good on you! Keep up the good work girlie!!

Stacy, gotta break out of that! I think the hardest part of working out is actually getting started. I hope my cold doesn't last much longer or I'll start feeling like that too. Right now I'm SAD I can't do my workout...

BBJ, good job - as always!!

s4m, I'm so proud of you!! You have been knocking it outta the ballpark!! :))

I'll definitely do something tomorrow - no matter what. I won't let this cold keep me from doing what I should be doing. Besides... I have to lose 11 Lbs to meet my goal by Jan 1st... HAAA!!!

Tiffy, have you seen those new Levi's that are made for more curvier women? They are sewn smaller in the waist, it sounds to me like you are more hourglass and those might help with that. Who doesn't love Levi's too???

I hope you feel better soon. . . I really hate feeling blah, and sick during the cold months.

I found some Levis that fit perfectly in the thigh and actually made me look like I have a butt. Unfortunately, the smallest size they make is a 4. I even went to Levis.com to find out if they make 2s, or smaller, and I'm not finding them anywhere. I've searched Kohls, Sears, JCPenney, Dillards, all the major Levi retailers and can not find a size that fits right in any of their cuts. I love Levis. One of the biggest issues I have is that I am only 5'2" and I have super short legs. Bootcut and flare legged jeans look ridiculous on my body, so straight leg and skinny jeans are the only ones that look right. So many jean makers do not make straight leg anymore since bootcut and skinny is so popular. I have a trip planned to New York and Co. here in a couple of weeks because they apparently have straight leg jeans. I love skinny jeans because they fit so great in the thigh and butt, but they look silly with sneakers and I can only wear them tucked inside boots or with wedges. Bootcut jeans are okay if I can find them in a decent length. Petite cut jeans seem to ride up in the crotch which I hate, and my inseam measures 28 or 28.5, and petite have a 29.5" measurement usually. I prefer a little length at the bottom of my pants so when I sit down, I don't get the "high Water pant" effect going on. But, it's tough to find the perfect length and fit to suit my picky ass preferences LOL.

I haven't been able to get motivated today either. I'm an emotional mess today, and just blah. I will work out later this afternoon, and hopefully it'll help me kick these blahs.

LOL!! I'm super picky about my jeans too, so I feel ya. I HATE that hi-Water feeling. It'll bug me until the moment I take those suckers off.

I hope you find your Levi's!! I really can't believe they don't make them smaller than a 4... that's just crazy. You should write them a letter and ask why???

I hope to get to feeling better soon, thanks! I hope you do too. It just makes me mad its right when I start getting back to my normal routines.

I got 30 min in on the stationary bike today.

Off topic: NSV - being able to throw all my clothes into the dryer and not worry about anything shrinking too much cheer2.gif

For as long as I can remember, I've always had to hang dry my jeans or some of my sweats for fear that they would be too tight to wear.

I was bad yesterday, but my son and I did go to parade last night. We walked a gigantic parking lot, and then up and down the parade row to stay warm for an hour. I froze my toosh off, but I did get in some form of walking so I don't feel entirely guilty.

Today's plan is abs and legs.

Many of y'all know I used to work out big time. Weight training, one hard day of cardio, and major toning. In February, I had my gallbladder removed, and kicked the workout bug to the curb (Doc's orders for 6 weeks post gb removal), and never got my mojo back.

SO, in attempts to put it out in the universe; DECEMBER 1st, I'm hitting the gym again. I have a mini-gym in my garage, and I'm going to start lifting again, and do 2 days of cardio and toning. I'm flabby, and jiggly everywhere except my calves and lower thighs. I can only attribute that to wearing heels constantly.

I know I'd do better with an accountability partner, but none of my friends here have the time to workout. I'm going to have to do it on my own. Since I get up so early in the morning, I'm going to get back into a routine. Unass the recliner, and get toned up again. I might be a size 2, but under these rocking skinny jeans, I'm jello-like and it's getting on my nerves.

My husband is super supportive, but I'd like to throat punch him when we work out together so that's not a good idea. I love him, but when we workout together, I would like to gently smother him.

Anyone else struggle with routine working out? I hate walking, and tedious working out really grates my nerves. I'm hoping to see marked improvement by March/April, and maybe just maybe be in a bikini by next summer.

I'm going to do 4 days a week. 1 hard day of cardio, and 3 days of lifting and toning exercises. No more excuses of "there's not enough time", I have tons of time, it's the motivation and drive that's lacking. I did secretly buy a bikini top and hid it in my drawer so I can have a "goal" to work towards, so we'll see how this goes.

If anyone wants to join me, keep each other accountable, let me know ! ! !

Honey I lost my mojo years ago. . .I used to be a body builder (can you believe that??:o ) and got hurt. After i got better I was really hesitant to return to body building and just stopped. Haven't been the same after that. . . i really hate exercise now and can't get into it. . I think that running around with my job (I'm a RN) is enough for this old lady and then coming home and doing the chores. . . I'm usually pooped out by the end of the day. . . But I will try to get back to the gym in the New Year. . . hahahahaha that is funny. . . every year before the sleeve it was "I'll go on a diet after New Years, now it's I'll start the gym after New Years" Good luck honey together we can get it done! :blink:

45min pilates using my total gym as my reformer. Felt real good, intense stretches and core exercises.

Got my 3 month labs today, and everything is in normal range, except B12. Was way over '>2000'; normal range is <211. So i'm going to quit that supplement.

Im just now reading this tread but I would love to join this. I too need the motivation to get my but into gear and I want my scale to go down faster!!!! Im going to make big changes ladies!!! Im on myfitnesspal.com aswell now so if anyone wants to add me let me know what I need to give you or you me to add as a friend.