Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to get serious about exercise, AGAIN.

Many of y'all know I used to work out big time. Weight training, one hard day of cardio, and major toning. In February, I had my gallbladder removed, and kicked the workout bug to the curb (Doc's orders for 6 weeks post gb removal), and never got my mojo back.

SO, in attempts to put it out in the universe; DECEMBER 1st, I'm hitting the gym again. I have a mini-gym in my garage, and I'm going to start lifting again, and do 2 days of cardio and toning. I'm flabby, and jiggly everywhere except my calves and lower thighs. I can only attribute that to wearing heels constantly.

I know I'd do better with an accountability partner, but none of my friends here have the time to workout. I'm going to have to do it on my own. Since I get up so early in the morning, I'm going to get back into a routine. Unass the recliner, and get toned up again. I might be a size 2, but under these rocking skinny jeans, I'm jello-like and it's getting on my nerves.

My husband is super supportive, but I'd like to throat punch him when we work out together so that's not a good idea. I love him, but when we workout together, I would like to gently smother him.

Anyone else struggle with routine working out? I hate walking, and tedious working out really grates my nerves. I'm hoping to see marked improvement by March/April, and maybe just maybe be in a bikini by next summer.

I'm going to do 4 days a week. 1 hard day of cardio, and 3 days of lifting and toning exercises. No more excuses of "there's not enough time", I have tons of time, it's the motivation and drive that's lacking. I did secretly buy a bikini top and hid it in my drawer so I can have a "goal" to work towards, so we'll see how this goes.

If anyone wants to join me, keep each other accountable, let me know ! ! !

OH girl you have no idea how happy I am to hear you struggle with this too. At least you are way out from surgery though. I am barely out 4 months and I have been horrible the last 3 weeks. I went on vacation and came back and HELLOOO only went to gym 2x and ran in the foothills 1x. I used to do that and more each week.

I also loved the visual of you throat punching your spouse...I know pretty perverse of me but it was funny! That is how I felt tonight when doing the bills with my husband heheh. I just pinched his backside pretty hard....i turned up the LOVE on the love pat lol.

I am pledging to do at least 3 days of good cardio with one day of strength training starting Monday when my kids go back to school.

So count me in, I need to lose 14 more pounds by New Year's.

OH girl you have no idea how happy I am to hear you struggle with this too. At least you are way out from surgery though. I am barely out 4 months and I have been horrible the last 3 weeks. I went on vacation and came back and HELLOOO only went to gym 2x and ran in the foothills 1x. I used to do that and more each week.

I also loved the visual of you throat punching your spouse...I know pretty perverse of me but it was funny! That is how I felt tonight when doing the bills with my husband heheh. I just pinched his backside pretty hard....i turned up the LOVE on the love pat lol.

I am pledging to do at least 3 days of good cardio with one day of strength training starting Monday when my kids go back to school.

So count me in, I need to lose 14 more pounds by New Year's.

I struggle big time with motivation. I'm super active, but it's a lot of running around, not focused exercise. I just noticed that I'm getting saddlebags, and just about lost my mind. My mom had huge saddlebags when she was obese. My fat has definitely redistributed, and not good places. It's slipped back to my stomach, I now have a muffin top even at 125lbs, I have a little fat roll when I sit down in my pants UGH.

It's been a solid 7 months since I've worked out, and I know I can do it. I just need to set a routine, and stick with it. I figure the mister leaves at 7:10 every day, and the kiddo doesn't get ready for school until 8am. I figure I could squeeze in a solid 30-45 minutes every day after John leaves, and before I need to make Breakfast for the kiddo.

I do love my husband dearly, but he drives me crazy when it comes to working out. Plus, he wants to work me like field mule, and I'd like to knee him in the jollies within 10 minutes.

I'm starting Monday morning first thing. I'll get back into it, and be successful. I don't want to lose anymore weight, but I really want to focus on toning and building some muscle.

I bet your hubby is a machine when working out...those dang military machines...i mean soldiers lol.

So lets do this and anyone who joins our little motivational/accounting group, lets come daily and give an account of our workout. I will admit when I haven't done jack. I think this will be a great motivator for me also. I drop the kids off at school at 8:15, I have to drive them because we transferred them to a school out of our area. It works great because the town they go to school in is where my gym is also located. I have no excuse as my mom, aunt and cousin are all there in the morning so I would never be alone. However I would rather work out on my own except when doing strength training.

So I will report Monday that I have jumped back on the wagon.

Edit by myself: except not accept...dork.

I bet your hubby is a machine when working out...those dang military machines...i mean soldiers lol.

So lets do this and anyone who joins our little motivational/accounting group, lets come daily and give an account of our workout. I will admit when I haven't done jack. I think this will be a great motivator for me also. I drop the kids off at school at 8:15, I have to drive them because we transferred them to a school out of our area. It works great because the town they go to school in is where my gym is also located. I have no excuse as my mom, aunt and cousin are all there in the morning so I would never be alone. However I would rather work out on my own accept when doing strength training.

So I will report Monday that I have jumped back on the wagon.

Sounds GREAT ! ! ! I'll see if LilMissDiva can PIN this topic for us so we can find it easily every day ! ! ! I'll be posting Monday. Plus, I think this will help me eat Breakfast since I typically don't eat until 10-11. I will get up, get the mister out the door, slap on workout clothes (since I've bought them, but never worn them LOL), workout, have breakfast with the kiddo, and then log my workout here.

We can do this ! ! !

Omgosh! I totally need to get my butt moving seriously :(...

I'm in too! It's sooooo hard getting back into the exercise routine, I've had a month break, my dad was visiting from South America and then my inlaws, but for me any excuse is valid. Before that I'd been going to the gym 4 to 5 times a week. On friday I started again did 1 hour step classs and 1 hour zumba, which was fun! I'm planning to mix cardio with a bit of weights to tone up tummy area and arms especially, good luck for all of us!:D

I had my surgery in September, and even though I have been losing I have not had time to excersize, but I joined a gym, and start on Monday. So you can count me in. I know if I worked out I would lose more, and tone up.

Unass the recliner...
:lol:

LOVE that!

I have grand plans' date=' as always, but I'm right there with ya on the motivation thing. I thought setting mini-goals would help (be under 170 by Thanksgiving--nope--under 160 by Christmas, 158 by New Years... we'll see) but so far, eh. I'm so much closer to the "old" me again, in where my head's at, and so much further away from what was supposed to be the "new" me than I was the first few months out, and I haven't figured out how to get back there yet--I'll have a few days where I think I've got it back, and then the switch flips again.

This'll be at least the 3rd holiday challenge that I've joined, and I AM in. I did do 30 minutes (running) on the treadmill yesterday, not including warm-up and cool-down walks, plan on doing at least that today, and 40 minutes tomorrow. I do 13-hour workdays three days a week, leaving home at 6:00am and getting back at 8:00pm, so those days are pretty much out, but the other four, there's no excuse to not do it. Most upper body stuff is out because I have a bad shoulder that's likely surgical, but that doesn't stop me from doing a lot of core stuff and lower body workouts. I keep talking about going to Zumba on Monday and Wednesday nights, but by 5:00 in the evening I'm tired, it's dark, it's cold...reeeeeeeally hard to work up the motivation to go out of the house lol.

I'm rambling..... anyway, count me in! It would be good to have this pinned so it doesn't get buried and stays right there in our faces.[/color']

I am in the same place. I had an excellent work out ethic, got sick and lost my routine and motivation. So I am definately in. Friday I bought myself some new workout gear so i am going to get myself out of bed, put it on and hit our exercise room. I try to stay focused on my reasons for exercising, like feeling and looking better, and the big one for me...keeping dibetes at bay which runs rampant on my father's side.

Here's to a fresh start!

Catherine

:lol:

LOVE that!

I have grand plans, as always, but I'm right there with ya on the motivation thing. I thought setting mini-goals would help (be under 170 by Thanksgiving--nope--under 160 by Christmas, 158 by New Years... we'll see) but so far, eh. I'm so much closer to the "old" me again, in where my head's at, and so much further away from what was supposed to be the "new" me than I was the first few months out, and I haven't figured out how to get back there yet--I'll have a few days where I think I've got it back, and then the switch flips again.

Don't you feel it gets harder to be motivated the closer you are to your goal? I know I blame part of it on that, part on stress and part on the general theme of holiday eating.

YAY the numbers are growing and yes success feels good!