Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP- List of things I will need for SURGERY!!

Oh my god it is almost here!! Today is my last day to eat anything I want before my sleeve! Tomorrow I am heading to the hotel and will be on Clear Liquids all day. Just now the realization of everything hit me and I started to worry. I told my husband "Oh god, I won't be able to eat good food again." He said "Sure you will! It will just be in moderation and you will feel better about yourself!" Now I am starting to get really excited because he is right! I can lose weight, I can feel better about myself, I can develop a healthier lifestyle and still enjoy food. It just won't be the center of my world anymore! It won't have such a hold over me. I feel very lucky to have this opportunity and have such a supportive husband! Just rambling on... Now back to the reason of this post: What are some vital things I will need before and after surgery! What should my shopping list consist of? Thanks!!

Mrs.Madd-

Congratulations on your surgery! How very exciting!

For the hospital you'll need:

1. Chapstick

2. Loose clothing (leave in the clothes you came in with)

3. hair tie

4. Toothbrush

5. A pillow to go home with

Trust me, don't overpack. If you really need it, they'll have it for you.

At home:

1. Protein drinks/shakes

2. sugar free Jello

3. Chicken/Beef bouillon

4. Crystal Light

5. pureed Soups (get really small ones) you'll only be eating 1-2 oz!!!!!

I can't think of anything else that I needed immediately.

Get ready for a thrilling ride of your life!!! You'll be great!!!

love.love.love.

monica:P

I also brought a pair of comfy jammies as I felt more comfortable walking around in them rather than a gown. The chapstick was very important. They also gave me a mouth swab, this sponge on a stick. I was told to use it to wet my mouth, but to absolutely not swallow. It felt so good when my cheeks were sticking to my gums.

Some things I brought to the hospita were...

-my own slip on slippers for walking & flip flops for the shower

-chapstick

-a smal mirror (so i could look at my belly easier, hehe)

-sugar free Vitamin C drops *ok'd it w/ my RN before I took and only took them to try to get my bowels to start waking up (bc the sugar alcohols start to get the bowels up and running.) And it worked. I had about 4 Vit C drops before I went to bed and the next day everything cam out fine,

- Gas X disolving mouth strips. I read they can help with the gas they fill your abdomn up with, Seems like it works for some but not for others,, I'm over 1 week out and I still have pain in my left sholder from the gas pressure,

-my own Vitamins, the did supply all but didn't have some of them, but I made sure I was ok to take them.

- A comfortable! bra! I got one at Kohls.. it's more of a sports bra but kinda loose and comfortable, I wore that everyday I was there, because you have to walk so much and for me I deff needed some support even thou it wasn't much it was better than nothing,

-cell charger

a few pairs of undies

Bring your own deoderat. I used the toothbrush, toothpaste & mouthwash. I

Tiffnie,

I just spent an hour reading over this information. This is the BEST guide I have seen for post-surgery! It addresses every question I had. I have surgery Tuesday and planned to call my doctor Monday with toms of questions. This guide is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing.

Hello!

Here is a link that I came across in another forum, it has SO MUCH info about pre and post surgery, including different meal ideas, checklists for pre and post op, tips, advice and all kinds of other stuff!

http://www.northwest...ectomy-diet.pdf

Good luck!

:)

I agree, this is an awesome guide. I was looking for some advice as well and this completely covered it for me. My surgeons guide didn't even have half the info included in this one. I printed it out and I just keep it around, when I have nothing to do I flip through it, you can never be too prepared.

Glad it helped you out and GOOD LUCK!

Tiffany

Tiffnie,

I just spent an hour reading over this information. This is the BEST guide I have seen for post-surgery! It addresses every question I had. I have surgery Tuesday and planned to call my doctor Monday with toms of questions. This guide is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing.

Tiffnie- thanks for sharing! That link had great information- way more than I've been provided. Thank you!

Hello!

Here is a link that I came across in another forum, it has SO MUCH info about pre and post surgery, including different meal ideas, checklists for pre and post op, tips, advice and all kinds of other stuff!

http://www.northwest...ectomy-diet.pdf

Good luck!