Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It still hasn't sunk in yet.

I have spent most of my life feeling defeated and feeling like I could never change that. I had come to accept that success and feeling good about yourself only happened to other people.

Yesterday, I reached the 100 lbs. lost mark. I weighed myself 3 times, cuz I just couldn't believe it. Even though I had been given this wonderful tool, I guess in the back of my mind, it still seemed like more of a dream than a reality.

Trust me when I say that I have never been any type of motivational speaker. But, folks, I am here to tell you that I was given a chance to live my dream life. Healthy and fit. I am not 100% there yet, but have come such a long way, that now I have no doubt that I can be successful. I am living my dream.

For those who think that WLS is the easy way out, you're wrong. It hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows. I have been through some tough times, but it's all worth it.

When I first started this journey, I remember saying that I would be so happy if I could sit on the floor and play with my grandkids. I am able to do that and so much more. Yes, I still have restrictions due to my back problems, but they aren't half as bad as they used to be.

My pain is so much less severe, I am off all blood pressure meds, off the CPAP and for the first time in my adult life, my cholesterol is NORMAL.

Through the good and the bad times, I counted on the support and advice of the folks on this forum. You guys have kept me on track and were a safety net for me when times were tough.

I still have 17 lbs to go and then I have to ease into maintenance, but I now I know I can do this. For anyone having 2nd thoughts or doubts, hang in there. We can all do this and we are all worth it.

Maddie, you ARE very much so a motivational speaker. I am looking forward to the day when i can sit and play with my children who are growing up way too fast. I am soo happy for you and I pray you continue to reach all goal and go beyond to reach newer goals. Keep reaching and keep up the good work!

God Bless you

I have spent most of my life feeling defeated and feeling like I could never change that. I had come to accept that success and feeling good about yourself only happened to other people.

Yesterday, I reached the 100 lbs. lost mark. I weighed myself 3 times, cuz I just couldn't believe it. Even though I had been given this wonderful tool, I guess in the back of my mind, it still seemed like more of a dream than a reality.

Trust me when I say that I have never been any type of motivational speaker. But, folks, I am here to tell you that I was given a chance to live my dream life. Healthy and fit. I am not 100% there yet, but have come such a long way, that now I have no doubt that I can be successful. I am living my dream.

For those who think that WLS is the easy way out, you're wrong. It hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows. I have been through some tough times, but it's all worth it.

When I first started this journey, I remember saying that I would be so happy if I could sit on the floor and play with my grandkids. I am able to do that and so much more. Yes, I still have restrictions due to my back problems, but they aren't half as bad as they used to be.

My pain is so much less severe, I am off all blood pressure meds, off the CPAP and for the first time in my adult life, my cholesterol is NORMAL.

Through the good and the bad times, I counted on the support and advice of the folks on this forum. You guys have kept me on track and were a safety net for me when times were tough.

I still have 17 lbs to go and then I have to ease into maintenance, but I now I know I can do this. For anyone having 2nd thoughts or doubts, hang in there. We can all do this and we are all worth it.

your testimony really made me emotional.... I can't imagine the day I can say I am down 100lbs how exciting. I am happy for you and I have no doubt that 17lbs will be come off before you know it. My date is December 30th seems so far and so close all at the same time.

Maddie, thank you for your post... I can relate to the issue of feeling defeated; I have never really had that 'killer instinct' or competitive part to me (until recently when the weight started to come off!).

100lb is absolutely amazing and I am soooo impressed! Well done and thanks for sharing your dream! x

You have done awsome loosing 100 pounds is a trmendous feet I am sure you will be inspiration to so many newbies out there as well as some of the old timers.

Maddie, I am so, so happy for you! I know that defeated feeling, and it's so great to hear that you are feeling so much better. This is very motivating for me to read as a pre-op! Thanks for sharing your wonderful story.

way to go Maddie! 17lbs will be gone before you know it!! :) thanks so much for your post!.. I think I am carrying that defeated feeling with me still, since in the back of my mind I get scared that the sleeve won't work and that all of this isa big fantasy dream. I'm 7 weeks out and down 34 lbs! I'm happy with my losses but I'm afraid of failing yet again!

I am soooooooo happy for you Maddie :)...you are an inspiration to me :) Hugs!!!!

Wow Maddie -- everyone's right -- you are an inspiration! ONE HUNDRED POUNDS! That is soo awesome -- I know that so many of us are just waiting to say the same thing in a post too. Sometimes it is unbelievable that we are able to accomplish this when everything seemed so hopeless before - Congratulations Maddie - thanks for giving us the gift of inspiration today :)

And you are so right about this forum -- there is nothing like the support we get here.

Maddie:

Thanks for your post. I too have just hit the 100 lb mark and find it hard to believe. I guess it will take a while for the head to catch up with the body.

I found one part of your post particularly meaningful -- it hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows. That is certainly true. It hasn't been easy for me, but at least I have found a tool that works and I honestly feel that I will be able to keep this weight off in a way that I never have before.

Thanks again for sharing your words of wisdom and keep up the good work.

Brian

Congratulations on your milestone Maddie, your goal is just around the corner. Posts like yours help us all stay on track, thank you for that. Enjoy all the new pleasures your new body allows.