Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Word of Ecouragement to my fellow sleevers!

Hello everyone. I was in the gym today and it felt so good and hurt so bad at the same time. My point tonite is to say to all of those who get down from time to time.. weather it be a stall or if you arent losing as fast as you can is to get moving and do your part. Like everyone hear is an individual and have had different experiences.. so will you.

I say this because I dont always have the greatest support system. I dont always have that person who is going to make me feel better. Today I felt down and a little upset about my progress, but then I thought.. Get Up! Move! Go to the gym! So I did.. I finally was able to do 22 min on the elliptical machine which I have never done in my life. I then proceeded to do an hour on the treadmil. I say all of this because a couple of weeks ago I felt that it was over for me, maybe I wouldnt lose anymore.. I wont hit my goal. But then I had to make sure I was doing my part. For some its all about the food intake and it comes off, but for some of us we have to get moving.

So if you dont have that support system and you have HATERS! in your life who dont support you, get up and get moving and make sure your doing your part for your success. I have lost almost 60 lbs and have a long way to go but i promise myself that I will not fail myself, because failing myself and not caring enough about my health is what got me here. I thank all of you from this site that write in often because you guys keep me going. I can see the end of my journey through you guys and I know ill be there soon. So next summer I plan on waving to all of my haters to didnt support me cause I got my LIFE BACK! Love you guys.

Hello everyone. I was in the gym today and it felt so good and hurt so bad at the same time. My point tonite is to say to all of those who get down from time to time.. weather it be a stall or if you arent losing as fast as you can is to get moving and do your part. Like everyone hear is an individual and have had different experiences.. so will you.

I say this because I dont always have the greatest support system. I dont always have that person who is going to make me feel better. Today I felt down and a little upset about my progress, but then I thought.. Get Up! Move! Go to the gym! So I did.. I finally was able to do 22 min on the elliptical machine which I have never done in my life. I then proceeded to do an hour on the treadmil. I say all of this because a couple of weeks ago I felt that it was over for me, maybe I wouldnt lose anymore.. I wont hit my goal. But then I had to make sure I was doing my part. For some its all about the food intake and it comes off, but for some of us we have to get moving.

So if you dont have that support system and you have HATERS! in your life who dont support you, get up and get moving and make sure your doing your part for your success. I have lost almost 60 lbs and have a long way to go but i promise myself that I will not fail myself, because failing myself and not caring enough about my health is what got me here. I thank all of you from this site that write in often because you guys keep me going. I can see the end of my journey through you guys and I know ill be there soon. So next summer I plan on waving to all of my haters to didnt support me cause I got my LIFE BACK! Love you guys.

Thank you for your encouraging words. As I get closer to my sleeve date (Dec 30th) I guess anxiety is kicking in and the doubts begin to form. Will I be successful? Will this permanent step be all in vein? I continue to tell myself that although I have over 150 to lose that I can do it. I am a professional weight loser have done it multiple times before, keeping it off continues to be my issue. So I am in doubt that will this truly make the difference in keeping it off this time. But as you have stated you have to be your own cheerleader and motivator sometimes and just keep moving forward. Congratulations on your success and I wish you many more lbs lost for the future.

That was a really powerful post, and sooo motivating. Thank you. I usually really need to work out along with changing my diet to lose weight, so I think I will be right there with you. But, you are so right that we must keep doing what we know we need to do even when we feel discouraged.

great post! Just know that here... You have supporters who are cheering you on until the end!!! You will get to your goal because you have the right attitude :) I have begun to go to the gym at the minimum of 3 times a week... And I know that using my sleeve as a tool accompanied by excersice will benefit me in so many ways! Keep up ur great eork!

Sweet and inspirational, thanks and continued success to you.

WOW - what a post.

And what a cool strong woman, you are.

You are doing so great - congratulations on how far you have come already. And with that attitude, you will do soooooo great!

I am sure, that next summer - you will have come a loooooong way. Proove the haters wrong.

Love yourself the right way.

What a great feeling it must be, next summer, when you BMI has climbed even further down, and you are standing proud - glowing of health and beauty!.

HUGS from Denmark

I agree with you completely; for me the sleeve isn't a quick fix but a tool and a lifelong promise to myself that my health and well being is important! I too think exercise is a great part of this amazing, even if frustrating on times, journey of ours. I use exercise for many different reasons, not just for weight loss... for enjoyment with my family, a way to get rid of frustration and to make myself feel alive... nothing better than a good sweat....lol

Keep up your hard work and congratulations on your success so far!! =]

You will NOT fail - you have lots of support right here! COngrats on your loss to date, you are doing great!

Kim

Guest liveagain1973

Thanks so much! I really needed to read this today. I'm just about 4 weeks out from my surgery and I need to get my but in gear. I have to take it slow, but I'm so ready for this weight to start coming off again. I have a LONG way to go.

Thanks for being open and honest and sharing. It really means a lot.